• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious as to why some think Kaepernick isn't doing well

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crimson that is just insane man. CK has played well but he isnt remotely close to the level of Luck or RG3 and Wilson has been straight up awesome the last 4-6 games ( MUCH MUCH better than Kaep over that time frame). Of course those arent fair comparisons because Harbaugh hasnt really unleashed Kaep like the other 3 have been.

I'm talking about the first four games those guys played, not how they're playing now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are "literally the only one of two" - so are you referring to the other you? Talk about humor, your retardation provides and endless supply of it - it is truly amazing; but, I digress.

Yes you provided stats!! Woo Hoo - look everybody rmilla provided stats. We should all take a moment to become familiar with what they are!! Thanks rmilla! Once again, I digress

Oh and you still haven’t answered the question...And those stats proved what exactly?

They prove that your team isnt 1 ounce better today with Kaep at QB than they were a month ago with Alex at QB. They prove your team has gained no discernible results and LOST valuable experience at the most important position on the field. They prove that despite your OPINION the actual facts ( thats what stats are you know ) say that the move to this point has been a bad one. The ONLY thing you have accomplished in ths whole diatribe is to come off looking like a baby so congrats on that. As I stated earlier, I am NOT saying your opinions may not eventually become reality but RIGHT NOW they are not. RIGHT NOW you are incorrect but if you want to try and convince someone less intelligent that you are right by calling them names and being an internet toughie then try it on someone else.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the first four games those guys played, not how they're playing now.

OK gotcha. I was thinking their current level. Fair point.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crimson, in your endless habit of bending over backwards to accommodate these weirdos:

The "logic" in play is that Kap *directly* gave them the points allowing overtime

So Kap gave the Rams the 3 points that tied the game @ 13? Wow, even weirdo’s know that's BS. So are you lying or just stupid, or perhaps your desperation has got you in such an emotional state that you don't know what the fuck you're saying anymore.

Talk about weirdo's - I think we found one right here.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was primarily playing devil's advocate. I asked rmilia to clarify his numbers, because based on his literal statements about PPG and QBR - as opposed to QB rating - Smith is not better in any of the areas he stated. Now, if we infer that by PPG he means offensive PPG, and by QBR he means QB rating, and by "protect the football" he means fumbling as opposed to actually losing fumbles, then he's right, Smith is a bit better in those areas. But that's not what he said. And even then, the difference between the two is fairly slight and I personally believe Kap's upside outweighs the differences between them right now.

Re: rating vs. QBR, both have flaws. I kind of like QBR generally for Smith, because his propensity for taking sacks is a killer, as is his tendency to throw for five yards and third and eight, but those are not reflected in any way by the rating. I don't think anyone on this board would seriously argue that Smith is as good relatively as his rating indicates. He just plays a style that lends itself to a high rating.

Thanks man. I should have clarified. I always get the QBR and passer rating mixed up. LOL. Probably why they shouldnt use both of them :)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crimson, in your endless habit of bending over backwards to accommodate these weirdos:

The "logic" in play is that Kap *directly* gave them the points allowing overtime, which has no parallel in the Saints game. The Saints scored long drives on the Niners' D that day and did their own heavy lifting, Smith didn't give them points and certainly not "all" their points, none that I remember at least......whereas the Rams were unable to score on the Niners D. Nothing at all comparable about the two situations.

And this:

Huh? Just talking about subtracting the points the D scored, a pretty common maneuver, nothing unnecessarily complicated.

As opposed to yor endless habit of being an Alex Smith groupie. Since you're just an Alex Smith fan, does that mean you won't show your face around here after he's gone in the off-season?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Kap gave the Rams the 3 points that tied the game @ 13? Wow, even weirdo’s know that's BS. So are you lying or just stupid, or perhaps your desperation has got you in such an emotional state that you don't know what the fuck you're saying anymore.

3 + 10 = 13 - overtime

3 + 0 = 3 - game over

The first 10 points gave them overtime just as much as the last 3 did. Maybe think about settling down, taking a deep breath, and consider the point you're arguing before starting the combustion process next time. This all seems to be chipping away at your sanity.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The "logic" in play is that Kap *directly* gave them the points allowing overtime, which has no parallel in the Saints game. The Saints scored long drives on the Niners' D that day and did their own heavy lifting, Smith didn't give them points and certainly not "all" their points, none that I remember at least......whereas the Rams were unable to score on the Niners D. Nothing at all comparable about the two situations.

And this:

Huh? Just talking about subtracting the points the D scored, a pretty common maneuver, nothing unnecessarily complicated.

I'll address the second part first. As I already said, he referred to PPG, not offensive PPG. If he's going to rely on stats, he should cite them accurately. Even if we subtract the two pick-sixes Kap benefited from, the PPG are very close.

As for the first, the analogy is not identical, but the logic is the same. The Rams were only in position to win because of Kap's mistake/s. Well, the Saints were only in position to win because of Smith's mistakes. Smith made less significant mistakes, but he made more of them. Lots more. Between the Crabtree TD and the final two drives, Smith played about as poorly as a QB can play outside of a Jay Cutler five-INT meltdown.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As opposed to yor endless habit of being an Alex Smith groupie. Since you're just an Alex Smith fan, does that mean you won't show your face around here after he's gone in the off-season?

"Alex is a decent QB"
"Get off his nuts you obsessive groupie!"

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As for the first, the analogy is not identical, but the logic is the same. The Rams were only in position to win because of Kap's mistake/s. Well, the Saints were only in position to win because of Smith's mistakes. Smith made less significant mistakes, but he made more of them. Lots more. Between the Crabtree TD and the final two drives, Smith played about as poorly as a QB can play outside of a Jay Cutler five-INT meltdown.

This is what you call "tortured logic". You are comparing a 16 - 13 game where the Rams got into the Niners' red zone one time, vs. a 36 - 32 game where the Saints had 432 yards and *no* problem scoring.

24-42 for 299, 3 TDs and 0 INTs is as bad as anything outside of a 5-INT Cutler meltdown? What an absolutely ludicrous comment.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They prove that your team isnt 1 ounce better today with Kaep at QB than they were a month ago with Alex at QB. They prove your team has gained no discernible results and LOST valuable experience at the most important position on the field. They prove that despite your OPINION the actual facts ( thats what stats are you know ) say that the move to this point has been a bad one. The ONLY thing you have accomplished in ths whole diatribe is to come off looking like a baby so congrats on that. As I stated earlier, I am NOT saying your opinions may not eventually become reality but RIGHT NOW they are not. RIGHT NOW you are incorrect but if you want to try and convince someone less intelligent that you are right by calling them names and being an internet toughie then try it on someone else.

But Kap is only the wrong call if he's demonstrably worse. I don't think that's the case to date, even though the pitch in the Rams game was a huge mistake - I'm not willing to say that cost us the game given what happened after that. Otherwise, we've got a comparable player who is still growing, and has three more games to do so before we really want him to help out the team.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Alex is a decent QB"
"Get off his nuts you obsessive groupie!"

I don't think anyone here has ever claimed Alex Smith hasn't developed into a decent QB, but that hasn't stopped you from jumping down my and others' throats for daring to criticize his game.

It's pretty apparent that you're obsessed with him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They prove that your team isnt 1 ounce better today with Kaep at QB than they were a month ago with Alex at QB. They prove your team has gained no discernible results and LOST valuable experience at the most important position on the field. They prove that despite your OPINION the actual facts ( thats what stats are you know ) say that the move to this point has been a bad one.

As I suspected, you are claiming that stats measure intangibles? I think that is really stupid, but I will defer to the genius - you for an explanation on how stats measure pocket presence, throwing on the run, downfield vision or hitting tight windows among many other intangible skills and abilities.

Or do you want to say that the lack of statistics is a clear demonstration that Colin doesn't possess these skills and abilities?

And regarding your whole experience argument if Colin, at ~5 games of experience is already playing at the same statistical level as Smith then are we to conclude that either:
A) Alex didn't put his experience to very good use or
B) It isn't as big a deal as you want to make it out to be.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Kap is only the wrong call if he's demonstrably worse. I don't think that's the case to date, even though the pitch in the Rams game was a huge mistake - I'm not willing to say that cost us the game given what happened after that. Otherwise, we've got a comparable player who is still growing, and has three more games to do so before we really want him to help out the team.

I guess thats the crux of the disagreement here Crimson. I disagree 100% that the move is only the wrong call if Kaep is worse. Its also the wrong call if he doesnt make you substantially better. Gaining very little in some areas while losing very little in others doesnt do you any good on the field and the experience you lose, especially come big game time ( ie this week and next), can be potentially REALLY bad. Could be the difference between winning and losing a game. I mean if the Niners are down by 4 in the playoffs vs the Giants and they get the ball back with a chance to go win the game who do you REALLY REALLY think the players themselves would have more faith in?? A guy that has already won a game like that and has played for 7 years or a guy with 7 career starts that has never in his life faced that kind of pressure??

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 + 10 = 13 - overtime

3 + 0 = 3 - game over

The first 10 points gave them overtime just as much as the last 3 did. Maybe think about settling down, taking a deep breath, and consider the point you're arguing before starting the combustion process next time. This all seems to be chipping away at your sanity.

So you are now saying if the score had ended at 13-10 the refs would have declared overtime ? Explain how that would have worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I suspected, you are claiming that stats measure intangibles? I think that is really stupid, but I will defer to the genius - you for an explanation on how stats measure pocket presence, throwing on the run, downfield vision or hitting tight windows among many other intangible skills and abilities.

Or do you want to say that the lack of statistics is a clear demonstration that Colin doesn't possess these skills and abilities?

And regarding your whole experience argument if Colin, at ~5 games of experience is already playing at the same statistical level as Smith then are we to conclude that either:
A) Alex didn't put his experience to very good use or
B) It isn't as big a deal as you want to make it out to be.

You claiming CK possesses "intangibles" is just a way of saying you have no demonstrative proof. Intangibles is what Tim Tebow has. Stats and facts are what Peyton Manning has.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think anyone here has ever claimed Alex Smith hasn't developed into a decent QB, but that hasn't stopped you from jumping down my and others' throats for daring to criticize his game.

I think you're a decent person, so I'll explain this one more time in hopes of you finally getting it: when you only criticize, and fail to ever balance that out with reasonable praise, you paint yourself as a critic. Nothing to do with "daring to criticize" - plenty here criticize regularly, and fairly - its to do with 100% of your comments being critical.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So you are now saying if the score had ended at 13-10 the refs would have declared overtime ? Explain how that would have worked.

No Smith supporter has ever been 1/10 this desperate to downplay the guy's mistakes. Breaking new ground after all these years.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claiming CK possesses "intangibles" is just a way of saying you have no demonstrative proof. Intangibles is what Tim Tebow has. Stats and facts are what Peytin Manning has.

So now you are saying Colin and Peyton have no intangibles but Tim Tebow does have intangibles?

Do you know what intangibles are and how to identify them? And if you do can you explain your claim?