• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cup

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, i know you were/are a center advocate, and for good reason, but in the end, how do you honestly think we fared in the 1 round?

i know its not something everyone always agrees on, as far as what the best route to take is, but i do think we've got a guy who can help kick start to the O. it obv wont be his primary job, but he can help.

just look at it this way, we no longer have to deal with watching colin whites epilepsy attacks when recieving a pass at the point as much as we did

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can already tell you that he's nervous about those low SEL point totals. I was the exact same way when we drafted Teds and JJ.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell i was a bit too. its hard not too.

the game is simply different. i more just wanna see if he is a bit excited now that its over and done

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on your guys' parade, but a lot of analysts are picking the Devils to do poorly next season citing Brodeur aging. Obviously, their opinion means nothing this soon. But... How long do you guys believe Brodeur will be around for?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on your guys' parade, but a lot of analysts are picking the Devils to do poorly next season citing Brodeur aging. Obviously, their opinion means nothing this soon. But... How long do you guys believe Brodeur will be around for?

They've been saying that for years havent they? And I think he only has a year or 2 left on his contract.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all.honesty that is a worry of mine. I really want moose back

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a move they had to make. I'm glad they didn't reach for a pick. I'm sure larrson is going to be solid I just dont think he is what we needed right now. Our defense doesn't really get the call to take the puck up on its own. With his shot I don't see it helping the foreplay too much because even with kovalchuk they didn't do much damage....this will change if they change the powrplay up and not have people standing around that will help a bunch.

The devils had the 9th best defense last year and they were worst for half the year. The prospects we already have on defense look promising. Same can't really be said for center. joffenson is ok but hasn't shown much let alone the abiltiy to play with Parise. Even less can be said for henreque.

Kovalchuk put up great numbers alone in atlanta yet with zajac he can only muster 31? Yes I know he had a bad first half. But still I'm very worried about who is going to get the puck to Parise or kovalchuk. I beleive zajac is a 2nd line center problem is we have 2 first line left wingers.

I'm fine with the pic I just dont think it was a pressing need like everyone says

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
after seeing clemenson and moose step in I'm not worried about Marty leaving I'm actually looking forward to it.

one more thing about the draft...towards the end I wanted ladskog more and more I really thought he would drop

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cup, completely agree with you about the goalie situation.

Take a hard look at the times Marty went down the past few years, did the Devs really miss a beat?

Marty IMO is the greatest goaltender to ever play the game. However, if you think the Devils are going to crumble and fall apart once he eventually retires, you should think again. He'll be replaced through free agency or through a capable, young back up (again, probably through free agency or through our system) that will be given the opportunity to be the starter on this team.

Personally, I'm not worried at all. Marty played great when he came back from his injury last year. I expect the same consistency until the day he retires.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't play how he did before his injury I think were gonna be just fine

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marty's SV% after MacLean left:

Jan: .919
Feb: .950
Mar: .922
Aprl: Only three games and they were ugly.

I'm not too worried, but they still need a 25 game backup.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know you gotta ask yourself is Marty lucky? Before the draft watched nhl network and they showed how Calgary traded up to get kid. Do you think kid would've benefit just as much as Marty? Vise versa with Marty in Calgary? It's fun to think about that as fans but just imagine how kid feels? You think he even cares? One trade he could've maybe played behind a great great defense in the right time of hockey clutch and grab. Maybe he doesn't win as many games or shutouts but he def would have a ring

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you gotta ask yourself is Marty lucky? Before the draft watched nhl network and they showed how Calgary traded up to get kid. Do you think kid would've benefit just as much as Marty? Vise versa with Marty in Calgary? It's fun to think about that as fans but just imagine how kid feels? You think he even cares? One trade he could've maybe played behind a great great defense in the right time of hockey clutch and grab. Maybe he doesn't win as many games or shutouts but he def would have a ring

Trevor Kidd?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Trevor Kidd would not have been as good as Marty playing for the Devils. It's that simple.