• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys trade for Trey Lance

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the philly pod? lol

it might be offical, philly fans are the new redskin fans.

sucks for the kid

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal for the Cowboys because there is literally zero risk. Lance is 23. If they pick his 5th year option up, the Cowboys control him for 3 more seasons at which time Dak will be 33 and Lance 26. They can have him sit and learn as the #3 this season, move him into the backup role next year, and either trade him for a pick or prep him to start in a few years if his head catches up with his talent. Their #3 had been Will Grier. In what world is this not a solid deal? It's not like the Cowboys gave up three 1st's to get him....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal for the Cowboys because there is literally zero risk. Lance is 23. If they pick his 5th year option up, the Cowboys control him for 3 more seasons at which time Dak will be 33 and Lance 26. They can have him sit and learn as the #3 this season, move him into the backup role next year, and either trade him for a pick or prep him to start in a few years if his head catches up with his talent. Their #3 had been Will Grier. In what world is this not a solid deal? It's not like the Cowboys gave up three 1st's to get him....

Great deal for Dallas. Jerry realizes that they can't go deep with Dak and he got a very cheap high ceiling prospect to develop.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a hard time visuallizing fans "clamoring for Lance"
Really? If Dak struggles with turnovers like he did last year or gets off to a rocky start, Cowboys fans will start saying “play Lance”.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at Dak's career stats
I’m not saying Lance should play over Dak if Dak struggles, I’m just saying that if Dak does struggle, I’m certain some fans will start saying “play Lance”.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens to Cooper Rush.......??

If Dallas thought highly of Cooper,then what was the need for Trey.....??

Myself,I think has had an unfortunate start to his career and I really think he has potential to be a very good starter......

Not sure why SF gave up on him after one start last year and an injury his 2nd game.......

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to start to wonder just how long of a leash they are willing to give Dak this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal for Dallas. Jerry realizes that they can't go deep with Dak and he got a very cheap high ceiling prospect to develop.
I don't think that Jerry thinks that at all. I think Dak will have an MVP caliber season this year. Will see

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except Lance sucks and will do fuck all except be MAYBE a CFL backup. Which is why the trade let alone draft pick was ridiculously stupid to begin with.

Almost the entire Eagles fanbase here is thrilled about this, that should tell you something.

Cowboys fans are actually being pretty logical about this and don't appreciate or understand the trade at all (and why would they? Trading for a guy with 'great upside' but has done fuck all in 2 years except be injured for a season in the easiest position to be healthiest at outside of a kicker or punter - not to mention a stacked offense/OL, lmao... the fuck?). You know the actual funny thing about this? The 69er fan base is still trying to defend this lmao.

Now that all said............. wait, Cowboys fans making sense... AND Eagles fans using reverse jinx logic? On the same topic that affects them both?

Jesus Christ, EVERYONE GET DOWN!

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why SF gave up on him after one start last year and an injury his 2nd game.......
Combo of 1) believing in Purdy, 2) realizing Lance's potential isn't what they hoped (at least in the eyes of their staff) and 3) not wanting the distraction in a season where they're legit SB contenders.

It makes sense ignoring all the preamble. Factoring in the preamble, it's an absolute disaster of events that led to this and if they don't manage to win a SB with this core the talent they missed out on with those picks they moved for Lance is going to be one of the sport's great "what ifs".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? If Dak struggles with turnovers like he did last year or gets off to a rocky start, Cowboys fans will start saying “play Lance”.
Then if lance is not playing well, fans will be "clamoring" to get someone in from the stands to fill in?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combo of 1) believing in Purdy, 2) realizing Lance's potential isn't what they hoped (at least in the eyes of their staff) and 3) not wanting the distraction in a season where they're legit SB contenders.

It makes sense ignoring all the preamble. Factoring in the preamble, it's an absolute disaster of events that led to this and if they don't manage to win a SB with this core the talent they missed out on with those picks they moved for Lance is going to be one of the sport's great "what ifs".
Lance has a high ceiling. (go ahead, make me walk the plank!)
Problem with SF keeping him is he also has a very low floor!
The embaressment and distraction is reason enough to give the kid a fresh start somewhere else.
Dallas is taking a very small risk on a former 1st rounder.
Maybe, (somewhat unlikely) he can develop into something close to expectations?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Lance sucks and will do fuck all except be MAYBE a CFL backup. Which is why the trade let alone draft pick was ridiculously stupid to begin with.

Almost the entire Eagles fanbase here is thrilled about this, that should tell you something.

Cowboys fans are actually being pretty logical about this and don't appreciate or understand the trade at all (and why would they? Trading for a guy with 'great upside' but has done fuck all in 2 years except be injured for a season in the easiest position to be healthiest at outside of a kicker or punter - not to mention a stacked offense/OL, lmao... the fuck?). You know the actual funny thing about this? The 69er fan base is still trying to defend this lmao.

Now that all said............. wait, Cowboys fans making sense... AND Eagles fans using reverse jinx logic? On the same topic that affects them both?

Jesus Christ, EVERYONE GET DOWN!
I think the Niners have a good offensive system and their coach does a good job of teaching QB's to play in that system. I do not think the Niners do a great job of developing QB's. Those are two separate things. A change of scenery might do the kid well. Dating myself, but Steve Young with the Bucs was a little different than Steve Young with the Niners. Flip side, Russell Wilson with the Seahawks was a flop compared to Wilson with the Seahawks. This kid is 23 and has all the same traits that the Niners saw when they took him at 3. Where people are missing this is thinking Lance is a threat to Dak.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance has a high ceiling. (go ahead, make me walk the plank!)
Problem with SF keeping him is he also has a very low floor!
The embaressment and distraction is reason enough to give the kid a fresh start somewhere else.
Dallas is taking a very small risk on a former 1st rounder.
Maybe, (somewhat unlikely) he can develop into something close to expectations?

Your first 3 points validated the F grade I originally gave it and the F trade the Cowboys gave it.

Done and done. Hey, as always, happy to eat crow if I'm wrong. File this away if that's your thing (although I usually bring it up on my own - called this an F grade upon the draft pick).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first 3 points validated the F grade I originally gave it and the F trade the Cowboys gave it.

Done and done. Hey, as always, happy to eat crow if I'm wrong. File this away if that's your thing (although I usually bring it up on my own - called this an F grade upon the draft pick).
49ers certainly get an F
Dallas gets a healthy former #1 for a 4th.
Patriots routinely give former #1s a shot. Some of them hit and some don't.
I cannot understand giving Dallas an F for this trade......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The absolute hell are you talking about? We're WAY beyond the coaching staff that played Montana. Wilson is just too early to tell and I assume you meant the 'Broncos compared to the Seahawks.'

You say you don't think the Niners do a great job at developing QBs, but neither do the Bucs, (Steve Young) so moving Lance to the Cowboys will do the same thing? Sure...

Hey, you do you man. If you're right I will give you a slight nod.
Im not sure how old you are, but QB's used to be developed by sitting and learning. Lance is 23 years old. Before you say a QB in today's game can't improve into being a starter after a couple of years of watching a veteran and learning the game, I suggest you watch some Green Bay games this season.