• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats to Aaron Rodgers.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah. And if Russell Wilson didn't have the worst day behind center of his entire life, .... But hey, that isn't what happened! What did happen is that he did, gutted it out, and won the game. Better team won.Move on. I'm sure that there's an alternate universe where Rodgers is a 5x SB champ and the consensus is that he's the best athlete ever. Unfortunately for you, it isn't this one.

It's just a game. I moved on 5 minutes after it ended. You seem to be the one struggling to move on from the game. Move on!

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a game. I moved on 5 minutes after it ended. You seem to be the one struggling to move on from the game. Move on!

Don't worry, he will be able to "move on" from the seahawks very quickly once they start losing again, just like the vast majority of their fanbase.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I didn't like about Aaron Rodgers at the beginning was how he would be so upset that he wasn't picked first overall when he was the one that was questioning the Niners tests. I understand that you have a personality, but if you want to go to the Niners, do whatever the Niners tell you to do in their personal workouts with you. That was the reason why Nolan didn't take him and he was upset that he didn't play for his home team. Nolan wanted somebody who would do whatever he was told and Rodgers could've faked it until he was picked and then been himself after that. I've never tried questioning a question from an interview when I'm applying for jobs.

I believe Aaron Rodgers would've been great wherever he went, but I do think it was different for him being able to develop for a few years behind Brett. I know Favre did not teach him anything on purpose, but you learn from being behind somebody like that. The Niners were a mess at that time and maybe he comes out of it well, but it wouldn't have started as well as he did, in my opinion.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANY player who plays thru an injury like Rodgers had and played well enough to be in this game today deserves his accolades...deserving choice and congrats to A Rodgers, he earned it.

Quentin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ Watt deserved to win MVP. It always goes to an offensive player its time to give it to a defensive player and no defensive player played as good as JJ Watt.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ Watt deserved to win MVP. It always goes to an offensive player its time to give it to a defensive player and no defensive player played as good as JJ Watt.

Wrong, the Texans would have missed the playoffs whether or not Watt was on the team so how does that make someone the Most Valuable Player?

He's a great player and deserved to win DPOY hands down but the award always goes to a QB because they have the most influence on their team and that's what the award is for.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well-deserved for Rodgers

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Murray top Rodgers as the OPOY winner? Is the MVP out of the discussion for other awards?

These awards are too confusing to me.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought he led them down the field to the game tying field goal with less than a minute and a half left. A field goal that would have won the game if that fluke 2 point conversion that went a mile into the air across the field hadn't been converted. The Packers also kicked a couple of field goals from the 1 yard line. Had they converted just one of the two Seattle wouldn't be playing in the Super Bowl. I also don't remember Rodgers pointing "the finger of blame" at anyone. Honestly, do you just make up things in your head and pretend it's reality?

the better team won the game. period.

i don't get upset by what rodgers said because that was such a painful loss. i think of my elation after the seahawks pulled it out, and then multiply that times -10, and that's what he and GB must have felt like.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watt's team didn't make it into the playoffs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, the Texans would have missed the playoffs whether or not Watt was on the team so how does that make someone the Most Valuable Player?

He's a great player and deserved to win DPOY hands down but the award always goes to a QB because they have the most influence on their team and that's what the award is for.

Agreed.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt had a tremendous year but never really posed any threat to Rodgers for this award. 2nd Mvp with many more to come.

Watt only got 13 votes for the MVP award... enough said.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Aaron Rodgers. I first lost respect for him while he was at Cal and about not getting picked by Rose Bowl. I started to gain respect for him in NFL when he led the Packers to his 1st Super Bowl, but then he went on TV and whined about the NFL Draft and that he dropped all the way to the Packers and compared himself to QBs picked ahead of him.

I always had enough respect for him to say he is elite, but I still don't have all that much respect for him. I was hoping that Watt was going to win MVP, but Rodgers was also deserving of it.

So, as hard as it is to say, Congrats to Aaron Rodgers. :clap:

Agree 100% op. cant stand rodgers personally, hes a whiny douche, diva, but well deserved MVP.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% op. cant stand rodgers personally, hes a whiny douche, diva, but well deserved MVP.

You're just upset because Green Bay won the NFC North.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally thought this was the year it should have been given to a defensive player (Watt).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally thought this was the year it should have been given to a defensive player (Watt).

He won the "Defensive Player of the Year Award". Isn't that enough recognition?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought he led them down the field to the game tying field goal with less than a minute and a half left. A field goal that would have won the game if that fluke 2 point conversion that went a mile into the air across the field hadn't been converted. The Packers also kicked a couple of field goals from the 1 yard line. Had they converted just one of the two Seattle wouldn't be playing in the Super Bowl. I also don't remember Rodgers pointing "the finger of blame" at anyone. Honestly, do you just make up things in your head and pretend it's reality?

and if two INTS didnt bounce of Kearse's hands it would have been a different game. if doug baldwin could have taken a knee on that KR he wouldnt have fumbled. we can do this all day if you want.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if two INTS didnt bounce of Kearse's hands it would have been a different game. if doug baldwin could have taken a knee on that KR he wouldnt have fumbled. we can do this all day if you want.

Does even a thread about the NFL MVP have to become about the Seahawks? Seriously? It's going to be nice when the Seahawks start sucking again and Seattle fans go back to whatever they were doing before 2012.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does even a thread about the NFL MVP have to become about the Seahawks? Seriously? It's going to be nice when the Seahawks start sucking again and Seattle fans go back to whatever they were doing before 2012.

Look, you seem like a classy guy and I apologize if I offended you. I just can't stand it when athletes that performed poorly don't own up to their own poor play as one of the reasons for their side losing. And all the crap he said about the whole Ryan Braun thing when he obviously didn't know what the hell he was talking about was really weak. Some guy was thrown under the bus to protect a guy's reputation (and salary) when it obviously wasn't worth protecting.