• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats to Aaron Rodgers.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Aaron Rodgers. I first lost respect for him while he was at Cal and about not getting picked by Rose Bowl. I started to gain respect for him in NFL when he led the Packers to his 1st Super Bowl, but then he went on TV and whined about the NFL Draft and that he dropped all the way to the Packers and compared himself to QBs picked ahead of him.

I always had enough respect for him to say he is elite, but I still don't have all that much respect for him. I was hoping that Watt was going to win MVP, but Rodgers was also deserving of it.

So, as hard as it is to say, Congrats to Aaron Rodgers. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was awful when he didn't get picked by Rose Bowl.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Aaron, he is good and deserves it, but why does a QB always win it? They need to spread the wealth.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To have a defensive player get that close to winning it... To even have his name in the discussion... Should have gone in Watt's favor...

Only 2 defensive players have every won it in the history of the award... Lawrence Taylor & Alan Page

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with Rodgers is him saying the better team lost when he played like crap. The guy put up a 55 QB rating with 1 TD and 2 INT's. The throwing conditions were brutal but when evaluating why things went the way they did he might want to look at his own performance before pointing the finger of blame at someone else. The defense and special teams gave him plenty of opportunities in the red zone and all they did was kick field goals. Own up to it Aaron.

On the flip side, Cobb seems like a class act. He was the only guy that went over to Bostick to try to get his spirits up after he blew it. Maybe if they had more guys like him on their sideline then they'd be able to handle the unpredictable nature of pro football better than they do right now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Aaron, he is good and deserves it, but why does a QB always win it? They need to spread the wealth.

Simple. AP was not allowed to play this year.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with Rodgers is him saying the better team lost when he played like crap. The guy put up a 55 QB rating with 1 TD and 2 INT's. The throwing conditions were brutal but when evaluating why things went the way they did he might want to look at his own performance before pointing the finger of blame at someone else. The defense and special teams gave him plenty of opportunities in the red zone and all they did was kick field goals. Own up to it Aaron.

On the flip side, Cobb seems like a class act. He was the only guy that went over to Bostick to try to get his spirits up after he blew it. Maybe if they had more guys like him on their sideline then they'd be able to handle the unpredictable nature of pro football better than they do right now.

don't know if that game was included, anyway the MVP award is subjective in the end

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan I am happy to see my guy win it, but they really just need to make a non-QB award and put it on par with MVP. If JJ didn't win it this year, I don't think we are ever going to see anyone but QBs and the occasional 2000 yard RB win MVP

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know if that game was included, anyway the MVP award is subjective in the end

It's a regular season award so it wasn't. Rodgers reminds me of Tiger Woods. When things go as planned he's a flippin robot. When things don't he can't adjust. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing but because they're both ridiculously successful but neither is the type of guy that's going to lift their game out of the ashes for the win. The thing that both of them have going for them (or had as far as Tiger goes) is that they're on a hell of a lot more often than they're off.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a regular season award so it wasn't. Rodgers reminds me of Tiger Woods. When things go as planned he's a flippin robot. When things don't he can't adjust. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing but because they're both ridiculously successful but neither is the type of guy that's going to lift their game out of the ashes for the win. The thing that both of them have going for them (or had as far as Tiger goes) is that they're on a hell of a lot more often than they're off.

Yeah Rodgers attitude has changed, he was funnier and nicer before, well at least in the media stuff, lately he is arrogant and boring, where did the fire and discount double check go? maybe Aaron is getting a little long in the tooth.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt had a tremendous year but never really posed any threat to Rodgers for this award. 2nd Mvp with many more to come.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here I thought he led them down the field to the game tying field goal with less than a minute and a half left. A field goal that would have won the game if that fluke 2 point conversion that went a mile into the air across the field hadn't been converted. The Packers also kicked a couple of field goals from the 1 yard line. Had they converted just one of the two Seattle wouldn't be playing in the Super Bowl. I also don't remember Rodgers pointing "the finger of blame" at anyone. Honestly, do you just make up things in your head and pretend it's reality?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers deserves the award and the question seems to be: why always QB, someone posted how rare it is for D player to get award, which leads us to the question why

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Aaron Rodgers. I first lost respect for him while he was at Cal and about not getting picked by Rose Bowl. I started to gain respect for him in NFL when he led the Packers to his 1st Super Bowl, but then he went on TV and whined about the NFL Draft and that he dropped all the way to the Packers and compared himself to QBs picked ahead of him.

I always had enough respect for him to say he is elite, but I still don't have all that much respect for him. I was hoping that Watt was going to win MVP, but Rodgers was also deserving of it.

So, as hard as it is to say, Congrats to Aaron Rodgers. :clap:

:stephena::lever::stfu:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought he led them down the field to the game tying field goal with less than a minute and a half left. A field goal that would have won the game if that fluke 2 point conversion that went a mile into the air across the field hadn't been converted. The Packers also kicked a couple of field goals from the 1 yard line. Had they converted just one of the two Seattle wouldn't be playing in the Super Bowl. I also don't remember Rodgers pointing "the finger of blame" at anyone. Honestly, do you just make up things in your head and pretend it's reality?

Blah, blah, blah. And if Russell Wilson didn't have the worst day behind center of his entire life, .... But hey, that isn't what happened! What did happen is that he did, gutted it out, and won the game. Better team won.Move on. I'm sure that there's an alternate universe where Rodgers is a 5x SB champ and the consensus is that he's the best athlete ever. Unfortunately for you, it isn't this one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to read all the hate shit. I think Rodgers as the MVP is ok. He really had a good year and without him, GB is nothing. I would have voted for Watt. I love Russell Wilson ut he was not MVP, nether was Brady or Peyton - 2 QB's that carried their teams.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two weeks after that game, an you are still complaining about a comment he made? Jesus. Give it a rest.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah. And if Russell Wilson didn't have the worst day behind center of his entire life, .... But hey, that isn't what happened! What did happen is that he did, gutted it out, and won the game. Better team won.Move on. I'm sure that there's an alternate universe where Rodgers is a 5x SB champ and the consensus is that he's the best athlete ever. Unfortunately for you, it isn't this one.

Why don't you take your advice, stop being a hypocrite and "Move on". He made a comment about the better team not winning two weeks ago, your team is playing in a Super Bowl tomorrow and you still can't get over his comment. Sounds like you are the one who needs to move on. :L:L:L