• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Come on Lou!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we outbid Ducks for Nieds?? Hard to say he sold out when his brother was the reason he moved

Yeah Nieds left for reasons other than finance. Just like if Parise leaves it will be for his own reasons not because we can't afford him.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we outbid Ducks for Nieds?? Hard to say he sold out when his brother was the reason he moved

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good rant

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Poni but that's not the biggest loss in the world. I'm wondering if Bernier become the 3rd line guy or if Tedenby is ready to go.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
tedenby has to be given a shot on this club and if he doesnt cut it this year can look to shop him. same with jj if he cant stay healthy this year the whole year then he can be an issue

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Nieds left for reasons other than finance. Just like if Parise leaves it will be for his own reasons not because we can't afford him.

This statement couldn't be more incorrect. We're a trillion dollars in debt. Our owner had to get his revenue sharing in advance. He's facing an $80M debt payment in the coming months. In what way does that scream "the money's there"?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement couldn't be more incorrect. We're a trillion dollars in debt. Our owner had to get his revenue sharing in advance. He's facing an $80M debt payment in the coming months. In what way does that scream "the money's there"?

we have a 100 million dollar winger we could sell on ebay if we have to.If those numbers are coming from the post or daily news :L

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Poni but that's not the biggest loss in the world. I'm wondering if Bernier become the 3rd line guy or if Tedenby is ready to go.

We got far more from him tahn I thought we would. Was not in favor of bringing him back. He gets lazy in a hurry and doesn't snap out for a while.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From TG:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
People keep asking about cap room. It's not that. They have a budget in real dollars for 2012-13. $11 mil will go to Kovalchuk

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From TG:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
People keep asking about cap room. It's not that. They have a budget in real dollars for 2012-13. $11 mil will go to Kovalchuk

they stand to lose a lot in fan backlash and ticket sales plummeting more if they let him walk. Parise helped earn them an extra 26 mil for their playoff run, pay the guy.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they stand to lose a lot in fan backlash and ticket sales plummeting more if they let him walk. Parise helped earn them an extra 26 mil for their playoff run, pay the guy.

According to TG, the Devils made a very competitive offer.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to TG, the Devils made a very competitive offer.

Yeah, hopefully he gives them the last shot to match or come close to anything. if he leans elsewhere for a few extra $$$ upfront

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, hopefully he gives them the last shot to match or come close to anything. if he leans elsewhere for a few extra $$$ upfront

If his camp really wants $24M as a signing bonus that's a fucking truck load of cash to dump that I'd be shocked we had sitting around. Don't forget, that $30M has to go to that debt payment at least a little bit.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his camp really wants $24M as a signing bonus that's a fucking truck load of cash to dump that I'd be shocked we had sitting around. Don't forget, that $30M has to go to that debt payment at least a little bit.

What ever happened to the billionaire who was attempting to buy beek's debt for a hostile takeover??

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i dont believe money is an issue it cant be.

you bring up the kovalchuk 11 million but your telling me that beek didnt realize 2 years from then he would have to worry about parise and finding money for him?

also if it really is that bad off just wait until they let parise walk and this team just like after nieds/gomez/stevens/rafalski/dano all left for different reasons...only took 9 years to get back to the finals.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

you bring up the kovalchuk 11 million but your telling me that beek didnt realize 2 years from then he would have to worry about parise and finding money for him?

also if it really is that bad off just wait until they let parise walk and this team just like after nieds/gomez/stevens/rafalski/dano all left for different reasons...only took 9 years to get back to the finals.

JVB probably hoped that Kovy was going to help us start selling out every game. TG said the Devils have a budget, how much more of an authority on it do you want? Season before last was terrrrible for the team, they lost tons of cash, and that was before this massive debt payment we need to make. That's not just some make believe thing.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What ever happened to the billionaire who was attempting to buy beek's debt for a hostile takeover??

I don't think anything ever came of that. All during the finals there were rumors that there was some outside investment group from Toronto that was willing to become minority owners with JVB still in charge, BUT that hasn't come to fruition, and unless they buy the team tonight, Zach needs to decide where he wants to play while ownership is in turmoil.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, beek also had visions of making money on the arena, not losing his ass. He took a gamble and appears to have lost big. He should have let the big money in when people wanted to help and buy a chunk of the team or take it over.