• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Come on Lou!

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sign Bernier and Carter but haven't got Parise or Brodeur signed yet.. and for all the people that say Marty isn't going anywhere... why did he hire an agent? This is the first time that I've actualy thought he could leave.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carter and bernier make 1/10 combined what marty and parise will make. Has nothing to do with lou.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, those two together couldn't hurt the negotiations with parise... minimal $ compared to what Parise & Lou are discussing about.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor Marty will be Henrik's backup next season and Parise will be a top line winger for the Rags.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are like no teams out there looking for starting goalies though..Tampa , Toronto and Edmonton are really the only ones that come to mind.

Any chance the Habs trade Price and sign Marty for 2 years? Doubtful to me but it would probably get people in Montreal excited about the team again.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really cant believe he brought bernier back.

It's a strange move to bring thwse two back and not gionta? Esp when you have jansen who just signed yesterday and that other bum who they signed last year.

5 guys for the 4th line?!?!?!?!?!

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying these 4th liners shouldn't even be talked to until we have at least 1 or the other signed not that the money we are paying them will in any way affect their contracts

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense guys, but your logic is completely flawed and idiotic. I'm sure Lou is doing everything in his power to bring Parise back but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other things to take care of. The signing of these guys has absolutely no impact whatsoever on whether or not Parise re-signs.

I'm glad we brought Bernier back, he was a tremendous asset to this team last year. Janssen, who gives a shit. He'll get his 5 minutes total of ice time during the year, goon it up here and there, and then be a healthy scratch most of the year. He didn't play a second of the playoffs and he'll just fill a roster spot when neccessary throughout the season. Not a big deal.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a sign.....Brodeur hired Sid Crosby's agent.
Could this be him going elsewhere or hoping to get the most money possible?
Last contract he negotiated himself.

Devils' Brodeur hires agent Brisson; could test open market

edit// Sorry Kelmit read the last piece, which you brought up marty...my bad

Last edited by a moderator:

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time Lou made right decisions, except McLean hiring. Let's wait till July 1 and don't waste our emotion on this. Devils' financial situation is not stable at all and it is normal for players to test free market. They need adrenaline.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am sure Lou didn't tell Parise to hold on because I need to sign Gionta and Bernier first.
I too rather see Parise then Janssens signing contracts, but Parise is the number 1 priority.
Its very possible Parise and his agent are tempted to wait it out til July 1st to see what other offers they might receive. Loyalty aside, most of us would do the same if we were in his shoes.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Regarding Brodeur, this surprised me. Few weeks ago, he said he would work out something with Lou. Now that he has an agent tells me the negotiations didnt go too well.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its not like these guys are that difficult to negotiate a contract with.

"OK, we are going to offer you a 1-way contract. It will be for $700,000 per year. See you in September for training camp!"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like these guys are that difficult to negotiate a contract with.

"OK, we are going to offer you a 1-way contract. It will be for $700,000 per year. See you in September for training camp!"

Haha, I was thinking the same exact thing. They probably banged out these deals while Parise and his guys were on their lunch break.

"Hey Cam, do you want to come back for the league minimum?"
"Sure."
"Great, done deal." Click.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the past two posts said sums up my feelings on this 4th line signing fest today. Might as well knock out the easy ones early, because you know that Parise (And now all of sudden Brodeur) 's contract talks will go down to the wire. So the complete focus needs to be there.

For Parise, I'm actually getting worried. I really don't like the Pens rumors going around. If you think Zach isn't at least thinking about the idea of playing with Sid, you're simply kidding yourself. Now, no one really knows if the Pens will go after him or not, but if they are, I would have to think he goes there if things don't work out with the Devils. Imagine the damage they would do together, it wouldn't even be fair. Not to mention it would be a double whammy for me cause I live near Pittsburgh, Pens fans would never let me hear the end of it AND I would be watching him on TV all the time. Ugh. But I hope Zach stays loyal and has confidence the ownership thing can work itself out. The Devils are too good of a franchise to be having these issues, it's a shame.

For Marty, my first thoughts to the news of him hiring an agent all led to one concept: Bargaining ploy. Him hiring an agent says that he's not going to piss around if the Devils low bridge him on offers. I don't know what he has in mind for contract, and I don't know if this is a bluff or not, but honestly that's how I see it. I really don't see why he would play somewhere else. Any of the teams that need a number one goalie in my opinion won't be cup contenders. What is most important to Marty? Cups. I can't see him going to a team that won't contend, it would contradict everything he has ever said in his career.

Hope for both signings to happen ASAP. The real question is, what if they could only sign one? Talk about a tough decision...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! I mean really oh no. There's a chance neither could be Devils for next year? What the hell are we supposed to do now? Was last year our real "last hurrah" could we be seeing a rebuild similar to what my Cubs are going thru right now? I hope not because every one of my sports teams is in rebuild/transition right now the one thing I thought I could count on was the Devils staying together and helping me thru it. I can't deal with this I REALLY can't deal with this.

Don't think that I'm jumping ship because I would NEVER do that, if I was it would've been after 2010-11 but this is going to really suck for a few years of both leave.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! I mean really oh no. There's a chance neither could be Devils for next year? What the hell are we supposed to do now? Was last year our real "last hurrah" could we be seeing a rebuild similar to what my Cubs are going thru right now? I hope not because every one of my sports teams is in rebuild/transition right now the one thing I thought I could count on was the Devils staying together and helping me thru it. I can't deal with this I REALLY can't deal with this.

Don't think that I'm jumping ship because I would NEVER do that, if I was it would've been after 2010-11 but this is going to really suck for a few years of both leave.

the cubs have been rebuilding for 100 years or so

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
heres the problem. like someone stated other teams are locking their stars up.

crosby extension. quick locked up. schnieder locked up.

devils? same story different year its a guessing game....i thought we were passed this shit already

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres the problem. like someone stated other teams are locking their stars up.

crosby extension. quick locked up. schnieder locked up.

devils? same story different year its a guessing game....i thought we were passed this shit already

You know how it is with Lou, status quo every year. For better of for worse, can't argue with the results over the years but I know how you feel Cup, there are times when you really need to lock players up like Zach.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guys, this is completely different than other years. In the past we really didn't want to pay these "stars" the amount the market had set for them. This season there are two scenarios.

1: We have the physical money.

2: We don't. I've been saying this since last off season and everyone thought I was nuts. Now the day of reckoning is upon us and we're either going to keep Zach and Marty or we're not.