• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick vs Alex Smith

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, re: Stafford, if by mistakes you mean incomplete passes - yes, anything else though Stafford = Smith

And the time has come for us to disagree on something. Haha there's always a first time for everything :)

Im just not impressed with Stafford. He singlehandedly gave that game to Green Bay a few weeks back. And he had something like 3 turnovers last week. Just way too many mistakes..dumb mistakes. I also dont like his attitude..he seems more like some stoned out dude than a QB that is serious about winning. I'll take Mr. Alex and his dump offs over that type of attitude any day.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the time has come for us to disagree on something. Haha there's always a first time for everything :)

Im just not impressed with Stafford. He singlehandedly gave that game to Green Bay a few weeks back. And he had something like 3 turnovers last week. Just way too many mistakes..dumb mistakes. I also dont like his attitude..he seems more like some stoned out dude than a QB that is serious about winning. I'll take Mr. Alex and his dump offs over that type of attitude any day.

LOL!! I'll concede on the "stoned out dude" comment - That is just too funny to argue with.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha Kap can run and has a better arm that's the reason, and he is just as good as Smith in his 1st year, he will continue to get better

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha Kap can run and has a better arm that's the reason, and he is just as good as Smith in his 1st year, he will continue to get better

One can only hope.
He has everything he needs in place to succeed though. A great QB coach for a head coach that is going no where soon.

Not all good young QB's continue to improve though. Let's not forget Mark Sanchez took the Jets to 2 straight AFC Championship games in his first 2 years. All he has done since then is regress into a QB I would not even want as a backup.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only hope.
He has everything he needs in place to succeed though. A great QB coach for a head coach that is going no where soon.

Not all good young QB's continue to improve though. Let's not forget Mark Sanchez took the Jets to 2 straight AFC Championship games in his first 2 years. All he has done since then is regress into a QB I would not even want as a backup.

Kap has a wayyy stronger arm then Sanchez and he runs a 4.4, huge difference in the 2

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only hope.

Sanchez has a defense-first HC, philosophically. I think his confidence is shattered, and he doesn't have somebody who can build him up the way the 9ers' QB's do with Harbaugh.

Having said that, I never thought Sanchez would pan out. He rode that stingy defense to those two AFCC's.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure its fair to judge Kaepernick on this week's game. The Niner offense is crippled and he is missing some of his most dynamic weapons. Additionally, the loss of Justin Smith will really affect his opportunities as well. He gets a pass from me on saturday.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not sure its fair to judge Kaepernick on this week's game. The Niner offense is crippled and he is missing some of his most dynamic weapons. Additionally, the loss of Justin Smith will really affect his opportunities as well. He gets a pass from me on saturday.

Agreed mostly

I don't buy that argument that if we don't get to the NFC Championship game then the CK experiment failed because there is 0 guarantee that Alex Smith would've gotten us back either.

I do expect Kaepernick to be effective and I would consider it a disappointment if he wasn't. He's down some weapons but he still has Davis and Crabtree along with Gore and LMJ who's shaping up nicely. So there is no reason for him to not have some success.

But if he does have a bad performance out there then it wouldn't be something I close the book on him by any means.

I still consider CK as unpolished and despite it being year 2 I still see him as being less polished then the current rookie crop of Luck, RGIII, and RW. So there is still a ton of room for him and the offense to grow.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it would be unfair to judge Kaepernick on this game when Williams, Manningham are out, Justin Smith hobbled, etc., but I guess it depends, if the game film shows that he was panicking, leaving plays on the field, not seeing receivers, or making dumb decisions with the ball or creating turnovers --- that would make me a little concerned. I think by 7 games, those should not be things we are seeing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it would be unfair to judge Kaepernick on this game when Williams, Manningham are out, Justin Smith hobbled, etc., but I guess it depends, if the game film shows that he was panicking, leaving plays on the field, not seeing receivers, or making dumb decisions with the ball or creating turnovers --- that would make me a little concerned. I think by 7 games, those should not be things we are seeing.

And just as important as Manningham, if not more, is Hunter. Don't forget about him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed mostly

I don't buy that argument that if we don't get to the NFC Championship game then the CK experiment failed because there is 0 guarantee that Alex Smith would've gotten us back either.

I do expect Kaepernick to be effective and I would consider it a disappointment if he wasn't. He's down some weapons but he still has Davis and Crabtree along with Gore and LMJ who's shaping up nicely. So there is no reason for him to not have some success.But if he does have a bad performance out there then it wouldn't be something I close the book on him by any means.

I still consider CK as unpolished and despite it being year 2 I still see him as being less polished then the current rookie crop of Luck, RGIII, and RW. So there is still a ton of room for him and the offense to grow.

A good defense should be able to take one receiver away which is what I think they'll try to do with Cranbtree and since Kaepernick does not throw to Davis, I would discount him as a weapon. In my opinion, James is nowhere near the player that Hunter is at this point. This O really needs Hunter.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree on this one Yoss, I think we all should judge Kap this week the same as we do every week - on "his" play alone. He should be be judged on his confidence, his decisions, his accuracy, etc.

IMO, the judgement of any QB remains largely the same with or without his supporting cast. In the case of injuries, I would understand a drop in his production but not "his" performance - if that makes sense.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on this one Yoss, I think we all should judge Kap this week the same as we do every week - on "his" play alone. He should be be judged on his confidence, his decisions, his accuracy, etc.

IMO, the judgement of any QB remains largely the same with or without his supporting cast. In the case of injuries, I would understand a drop in his production but not "his" performance - if that makes sense.

I think we meant the same thing, I just stated it poorly -- I agree his confidence his decisions, accuracy are the benchmarks, not the final score necessarily. My list of things that would make me concerned were meant to show that. In other words, if they lose 35-33, and he has a fine game and our defense just wilts, that's not on him, or if GB suddenly plays like the 85 Bears and he has no options and loses 17-10 (as unlikely as that is), that's not on him necessarily either.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A good defense should be able to take one receiver away which is what I think they'll try to do with Cranbtree and since Kaepernick does not throw to Davis, I would discount him as a weapon. In my opinion, James is nowhere near the player that Hunter is at this point. This O really needs Hunter.

We're playing an average defense and I'm not trying to say he has the weapons to light up the Packers for 400 yards and 5 TDs but he still has enough to work with to be productive and move the ball.

We've seen guys like both Rodgers, both Mannings, and Brady be able to work with whatever they have. Yes they are better with a full assortment of healthy weapons but they can still keep the offense going with a bunch of low round no name draft picks.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we meant the same thing, I just stated it poorly -- I agree his confidence his decisions, accuracy are the benchmarks, not the final score necessarily. My list of things that would make me concerned were meant to show that. In other words, if they lose 35-33, and he has a fine game and our defense just wilts, that's not on him, or if GB suddenly plays like the 85 Bears and he has no options and loses 17-10 (as unlikely as that is), that's not on him necessarily either.

Yes, I completely agree - we are indeed on the same page and even if we wern't that would be okay too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're playing an average defense and I'm not trying to say he has the weapons to light up the Packers for 400 yards and 5 TDs but he still has enough to work with to be productive and move the ball.

We've seen guys like both Rodgers, both Mannings, and Brady be able to work with whatever they have. Yes they are better with a full assortment of healthy weapons but they can still keep the offense going with a bunch of low round no name draft picks.

Agreed, but we are doing it with average weapons and an inexperienced QB. Rodgers will be the difference, especially with as much time as he'll have to throw without Justin Smith.

This defense differs from last year's in that they don't take the ball away. The 49ers will need a couple of TOs and a defensive touchdown to win this. I could see all the 49er deficiencies due to injury, coupled with Rodgers and a healthy group of receivers and improved defense, leading up to a Perfect Storm for the Pack. I don't think it wiil be as bad as it was in Seattle, but it will be bad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys give the Packers too much credit. Their defense is substandard, the special teams will be below average if Cobb is out ( havent seen if he is or not though). Rodgers is great and their O is good but they have 0 running game and even minus J Smith you guys have a defense that should be able to control a one dimensional team. I mean its not like GB lit up Minnesota at home last week. 24 points should not be enough to beat SF even without some of your guys because its not like those guys are your go to people. Manningham has sucked this year, Williams is a peripheral guy. Hunter is the ONLY one who is any sort of loss on offense IMO. As to CK in this game this the the MAIN REASON you made the switch. Its because he has more versatility, more big play making ability with his legs, more athleticism etc. This is the game where he can prove that it was the right call by using all of these things that you guys have been touting for the last 2 months. No excuses now. This is why the switch was made, for this exact instance, so lets see it.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but we are doing it with average weapons and an inexperienced QB. Rodgers will be the difference, especially with as much time as he'll have to throw without Justin Smith.

This defense differs from last year's in that they don't take the ball away. The 49ers will need a couple of TOs and a defensive touchdown to win this. I could see all the 49er deficiencies due to injury, coupled with Rodgers and a healthy group of receivers and improved defense, leading up to a Perfect Storm for the Pack. I don't think it wiil be as bad as it was in Seattle, but it will be bad.

I believe you picked the saints last yr too. You will be wrong again : ) lol