• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick vs Alex Smith

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep has big play potential, but our running game has been surprisingly worst with him at QB. It also seems like our offense is more reliant on those big plays now to move the football. It seems like we gained big play potential but lost some ability to sustain drives and time of possession.

That might have happened because Hunter got hurt. It seemed like he used to come in and sometimes play an entire series to give Gore a good rest.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might have happened because Hunter got hurt. It seemed like he used to come in and sometimes play an entire series to give Gore a good rest.

true hunter kept everyone fresh and kept up the pace with out dropping off his level of play. There was also one game where we didnt run much.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true hunter kept everyone fresh and kept up the pace with out dropping off his level of play. There was also one game where we didnt run much.

Ya, the running game died in the 2nd half of the Patriots game and the whole Seahawks game. I wouldn't feel comfortable with pinning that all on the QB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Solid? How are you defining solid?

I basically mean that he's not going to cost his team most games, and he's not going to win his team most games. He's good enough not to count as a net loss, but he's not a difference maker. IMO he needs a strong supporting cast to have real success, but with that strong cast he can do some things.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I basically mean that he's not going to cost his team most games, and he's not going to win his team most games. He's good enough not to count as a net loss, but he's not a difference maker. IMO he needs a strong supporting cast to have real success, but with that strong cast he can do some things.

That works.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk about damning by faint praise.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Talk about damning by faint praise.

I think Smith is a starting caliber QB in the NFL, which is nothing to scoff at. I just think he's a bottom-half starting QB. Look, I supported Smith for a long time, but he's got too many serious shortcomings to carry his team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith is a starting caliber QB in the NFL, which is nothing to scoff at. I just think he's a bottom-half starting QB. Look, I supported Smith for a long time, but he's got too many serious shortcomings to carry his team.

I know my opinion is predictable, but I put Alex in the middle as opposed to bottom half. He won't carry a team, but with an average team, I could see him being middle of the pack. With our team, our offense was above the middle in efficiency, and yes, that includes the running team. Smith knew when to go with the run, which takes awhile to learn. That doesn't make him top ten or anything, just efficiency offensive wise. I suppose on a worse running team he'd pass more.

I know everyone and their dog disagrees with me, but fine. If you are looking for high passing numbers, of course, he's bottom half in overall numbers, but if you are looking at efficiency, he's at least average, to me. He has a lot of YAC, but he was pretty efficient YPA wise and completion wise (which of course was helped because of length of passes). He took sacks but the INTs he saved count for something. The reason I say this is, before Kaep came in I didn't see him as bottom half, so when Kaep came in, I'm not going to change what I thought about him. Alex was middle of the pack, Kaep is better.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks, lets face the facts here,

Whether its Alex or Kaep at QB, Our coaches need to become more consistent in their playcalling! Ive never seen a team that has such bi-polar and, sometimes, downright idiotic playcalling.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks, lets face the facts here,

Whether its Alex or Kaep at QB, Our coaches need to become more consistent in their playcalling! Ive never seen a team that has such bi-polar and, sometimes, downright idiotic playcalling.

I'm gonna disagree with all of this - - - - - - - -Wait - - - - No I'm not.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a FG kicker just might prove to be an unintended advantage

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my opinion is predictable, but I put Alex in the middle as opposed to bottom half. He won't carry a team, but with an average team, I could see him being middle of the pack. With our team, our offense was above the middle in efficiency, and yes, that includes the running team. Smith knew when to go with the run, which takes awhile to learn. That doesn't make him top ten or anything, just efficiency offensive wise. I suppose on a worse running team he'd pass more.

I know everyone and their dog disagrees with me, but fine. If you are looking for high passing numbers, of course, he's bottom half in overall numbers, but if you are looking at efficiency, he's at least average, to me. He has a lot of YAC, but he was pretty efficient YPA wise and completion wise (which of course was helped because of length of passes). He took sacks but the INTs he saved count for something. The reason I say this is, before Kaep came in I didn't see him as bottom half, so when Kaep came in, I'm not going to change what I thought about him. Alex was middle of the pack, Kaep is better.

As an outside observer, I wouldn't even say Smith was middle of the pack. I'd say he's above averag. Let's take last season. Stafford had huge numbers. But if you swap Crabtree for Megatron...IMO you guys win the Super Bowl because Smith gets a big target in the redzone, more mismatches, and a guy who could make up for what Smith lacks in arm strength by taking jump balls down field. He already had a hell of a season last year.

If you just swap Stafford and Smith, I don't think you guys win the Super Bowl with Stafford.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outside observer, I wouldn't even say Smith was middle of the pack. I'd say he's above averag. Let's take last season. Stafford had huge numbers. But if you swap Crabtree for Megatron...IMO you guys win the Super Bowl because Smith gets a big target in the redzone, more mismatches, and a guy who could make up for what Smith lacks in arm strength by taking jump balls down field. He already had a hell of a season last year.

If you just swap Stafford and Smith, I don't think you guys win the Super Bowl with Stafford.

Interesting observation - Right about now this is precisely what Smith & Condon are hoping a few GM's think as well.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or go another route. Keep Smith but trade Kaep for a big possession/redzone type tight end like Jimmy Graham. Your other receivers still need to step up downfield, but you've got Davis, and you've got Smith who seems to manage the run audibles better at this point, and you've got his wheels...which really aren't much slower than Kaep's.

As a Packer fan I'd be more worried about that move than just sticking Kaep in for Smith, personally.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or go another route. Keep Smith but trade Kaep for a big possession/redzone type tight end like Jimmy Graham. Your other receivers still need to step up downfield, but you've got Davis, and you've got Smith who seems to manage the run audibles better at this point, and you've got his wheels...which really aren't much slower than Kaep's.

I'd be more worried about that move than just sticking Kaep in for Smith, personally.

Nothing personal, but I'm going with 'no' on that. I want a big-bodied WR as much as the next fan but not at the expense of Kap.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree with this. I would rather have Smith over Stafford OR Cutler honestly. Both make way too many mistakes in my opinion.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a FG kicker just might prove to be an unintended advantage

Perhaps.

I could see a situation where we make everything 4 down territory inside the 40. Like, all those times Smith would throw it 2 yards on 3rd and 3?? Kap could do that as well...and then on 4th down just run him around the end or something for a first. If the D comes up to stop that, hit VD or Crabby for a wide open TD. I'd be cool with that...better than watching Akers miss.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps.

I could see a situation where we make everything 4 down territory inside the 40. Like, all those times Smith would throw it 2 yards on 3rd and 3?? Kap could do that as well...and then on 4th down just run him around the end or something for a first. If the D comes up to stop that, hit VD or Crabby for a wide open TD. I'd be cool with that...better than watching Akers miss.

Well playing for a 40+ yard FG cost us two games this year. If we stay with Akers, hopefully Roman will knock off the three runs around the 25-30 BS and actually to do something that resembles trying to get a first down.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with this. I would rather have Smith over Stafford OR Cutler honestly. Both make way too many mistakes in my opinion.

Hmmm, re: Stafford, if by mistakes you mean incomplete passes - yes, anything else though Stafford = Smith

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well playing for a 40+ yard FG cost us two games this year. If we stay with Akers, hopefully Roman will knock off the three runs around the 25-30 BS and actually to do something that resembles trying to get a first down.

Yup, we can always HOPE lol. Roman leaves me scratching my head a lot of times.