• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 Preview Tidbits

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins is 1-5 in six career starts on the road, with the lone win coming in his first career start in Week 15 of 2012 at Cleveland. He's thrown for over 300 yards in each of his last three road starts (365.7 per game).

Devonta Freeman is the first player to rush for three or more touchdowns in back-to-back games since LaDainian Tomlinson did it in three straight games in 2006. And the 23-year-old Freeman is the first player under the age of 24 with back-to-back games of three-plus rush TD since Jim Brown in October 1958.

Both of these teams (Skins & Falcons) rank in the top five of the league in third down conversion percentage: the Falcons are second at 54.1 percent, while the Redskins are fourth at 46.8 percent.

Josh McCown passed for 356 yards in San Diego last week, which was his third-highest yardage output in an NFL game, and his most since passing for a career-high 398 yards against the Panthers 10 years ago (on October 9, 2005). McCown's 697 passing yards over the last two games are also the most by a Browns quarterback in back-to-back games since 1981, when Brian Sipe passed for 714 yards in back-to-back games.

After rushing for just 124 yards over his first three games of the season, Justin Forsett rushed for 150 yards against the Steelers last week -- the third-most rushing yards by a player this season (Carlos Hyde, 168 vs. Vikings; Chris Ivory, 166 vs. Dolphins).

The Browns already have five different players with at least 10 receptions this season. The only team with more players with double-digit receptions this season is the Saints (six).

Russell Wilson completed 20 of 26 passes for 287 yards and a touchdown in Week 4, but was sacked six times in the win. Wilson has been sacked at least once in 27 straight games (the longest active streak in the NFL), and 137 times since joining the league in 2012 -- second most among all quarterbacks (Ryan Tannehill -- 149).

Andy Dalton threw for 321 yards and a touchdown last Sunday, recording his second straight 300+ yard performance in the victory (383 passing yards versus Ravens in Week 3). Dalton is 15-2-1 (.861) in home starts since the beginning of 2013 (fifth best among all NFL quarterbacks over the last 2+ seasons).

The Bengals have scored 21 points on their game-opening drives this season -- most in the NFL. Seattle is one of six teams in the league yet to score on its first drive of the game in 2015 (also Baltimore, Houston, Indianapolis, San Francisco and Tampa Bay).

Rams' rookie Todd Gurley gained 146 rushing yards in the win over the Cardinals in his second career game. It was the most rushing yards by a Rams player in either his first or second game with the team since Greg Hill gained 158 in a 34-33 win at Buffalo on September 20, 1998. Gurley's total is the second most in this category by a Ram since 1960.

The Packers have scored 383 points over their last 10 home games, the most in any 10-game home span in franchise history. During this span, they have posted 42 points of more four times and their lowest point total is 26.

Aaron Rodgers has thrown 11 touchdown passes without an interception this season. Since 1960, only two quarterbacks have thrown more TD passes without an interception in the first four team games of the season (Peyton Manning -- 16 in 2013 with Denver & Don Meredith -- 14 in 1966 with Dallas).

Chicago and Kansas City are tied for last in the NFL in scoring defense (31.3 points per game allowed). The Chiefs have never finished last in the league in scoring defense, while the Bears have only done so once in franchise history (in 1945).

Jay Cutler earned his 45th career win as the Bears starting quarterback last week. Cutler is now one win shy of tying Jim McMahon for most wins by a Bears starting quarterback since 1950 (the QB starts era).

Last week, Alex Smith threw the ball 45 times for 386 yards, but did not have a single touchdown pass or an interception. Smith's 386 passing yards were the third most in NFL history for a quarterback who did not throw a touchdown pass or interception. The record is 432 yards by Warren Moon of Houston on November 10, 1991 against Dallas.

Drew Brees reached two major milestones in Sunday's win, tossing his 5000th career completion and his 400th career touchdown pass. Brees did so in 205 career games, the fastest any player has ever reached either milestone. His 359 yards on Sunday gave him 46 career games with at least 350 passing yards, 11 more than any other player in NFL history and six more than the Eagles franchise has had all-time.

Sam Bradford completed just 15 of his 28 attempts last week (53.6 percent), but he threw for 270 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. The 122.6 passer rating was the second best of Bradford's career, and it was only the fourth time Bradford has tossed three touchdown passes without throwing an interception in a game.

C.J. Spiller's 80-yard catch in overtime sealed the game for the Saints. Since 2012, Spiller is the only NFL player with at least five rushes of 50+ yards and two receptions of 50+ yards.

DeMarco Murray rushed 24 times for 149 yards and two touchdowns against the Saints in Week 4 of 2014, his last meeting with New Orleans. In 29 carries this season, Murray has just 47 yards and one touchdown. His 1.62 yards per carry are the fewest by any player through four team games since the Bengals' Harold Green in 1993 (1.54), minimum 25 carries.

Tampa Bay has now turned the ball over in each of its last 25 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NFL (Washington is second at 15 straight) and the third-longest streak by the Buccaneers all-time.

Allen Hurns set career-highs in receptions (11) and receiving yards (116) in Week 4. Eight of Hurns' 11 Week 4 receptions came in the first half; entering Week 4, Hurns' career-high in receptions for an entire game had been seven (had seven catches in Week 9 of 2014 at Cincinnati).

Blake Bortles has totaled 510 career rush yards (91 this season), but has yet to rush for a touchdown. Among active quarterbacks with no rushing touchdowns, Bortles 510 rush yards are the most.

Jameis Winston had his first pass of Week 4 intercepted and returned for a touchdown, the second time his first pass attempt was picked off and returned for a touchdown this season (also Week 1). The only other player in the last 20 years to have his first pass attempt of the game picked off and returned for a touchdown twice in the same season was Geno Smith in 2014 (Week 3 and Week 14).

With his 367 pass yards in Week 3 against the Colts, Marcus Mariota set a Titans' rookie record for pass yards in a game. In addition, dating back to the 1970 NFL/AFL merger, Mariota's eight passing touchdowns are tied for the most with Dan Marino through a rookie quarterbacks' first three career starts.

Tyrod Taylor went 28-for-42 with 274 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Week 4 loss to the Giants. Taylor so far this season has completed 71.7 percent of his passes, the sixth-highest percentage in the league (minimum 14 attempts per team game) and the highest percentage ever by a Bills' quarterback through the team's first four games in a season (minimum 60 attempts).

Chris Johnson led the Cardinals with 83 rushing yards last week and now ranks fifth in the league with 302 yards in 2015. He's also played in exactly 100 consecutive games, which is the longest active streak among running backs.

Calvin Johnson caught seven passes on Monday, including the one which resulted in a fumble on a potential go-ahead score in the last two minutes. He now has 670 receptions in his career, which is tied with Herman Moore for the most in Lions history.

Matthew Stafford leads the league with 106 completions in 2015. However, those passes have resulted in an average gain of just 9.59 yards, which is the second-lowest mark among 34 qualifiers (minimum 14 attempts per team game). Only Kirk Cousins (9.57) has averaged fewer yards per completion.

Tom Brady is averaging an NFL-high 370.7 yards passing per game -- the next-highest figure is almost 50 yards behind his (Drew Brees -- 323.0). Brady has nine TD passes and no interceptions in 133 passes in 2015, and his streak dating back to 2014 is 153 consecutive regular-season pass attempts without being picked off.

Brandon Weeden leads the NFL with a completion percentage of 76.3 percent; he is third among qualifying passers with an average of 9.34 yards per attempt. Weeden has lost his last 10 starts since quarterbacking the Browns to a 30-7 win over the Chiefs on December 9, 2012.

Amari Cooper caught four passes for 49 yards and a touchdown last Sunday, giving him 24 receptions and 339 receiving yards in his first four games -- the most receiving yards and receptions by any rookie this season. The last rookie to catch at least 24 passes in his team's first four games of the season was Julio Jones who had 24 receptions for the Falcons in 2011.

Denver has just 10 plays of 20+ yards in 2015 -- fewest in the AFC, and tied for second fewest in the league overall. The Raiders have allowed 20 plays of 20 or more yards this season (tied for second most in the NFL).

Colin Kaepernick completed just 52.0 percent of his passes last Sunday (0 TD, 1 INT), and including a 25.7 rating in his last two games, has an overall passer rating of 67.7 in 2015 -- worst of any qualifying NFC quarterback. Kaepernick is just 2-7 in his last nine starts (dating to Week 13 last season).

Eli Manning had three touchdown passes to three different receivers in last Sunday's triumph, recording his third three-touchdown performance in his last seven games -- tied with Tony Romo for most of any quarterback in the league since Week 15 last season.

The Giants have a +6 turnover differential in 2015 -- tied with the Falcons and Jets for second best in the league (Carolina is +8). San Francisco's turnover differential is -5 this season (worst in the NFC and third worst in the NFL).

Le'Veon Bell ran for 129 yards and a touchdown in Week 4, giving him an AFC-high 1552 rushing yards since the beginning of last season. Bell rushed for 204 yards the last time he played on Monday night (November 17, 2014 at Tennessee) -- most of any player on a Monday night since Ricky Williams had 216 yards on the ground for Miami on December 19, 2002 versus the Bears.

Philip Rivers threw for 358 yards and three touchdowns (0 INT) last Sunday, giving him an NFL-high 1248 passing yards on the season. Rivers has 31,215 yards through the air since 2008 -- second most in the league (Drew Brees -- 35,813).

Pittsburgh is one of just two teams that has yet to lose a fumble in 2015 (also Atlanta). The Chargers have lost four of their five fumbles this season (tied for third most in the NFL).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where do u find this stuff? awesome thoguh

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know what to do with myself if Buffalo really have a QB now. What a strange feeling.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to start a new thread...

I'm 4-0 in a PPR/IDP league but I have bye week problems at RB.
I currently have Matt Jones in the spot now.
I have Antonio Andrews on the bench.
But Boobie Dixon is available. Should I plug Dixon in, bench Jones, and drop Andrews?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have Matt Jones in the (starting) spot now.
I have Antonio Andrews on the bench.
But Boobie Dixon is available. Should I plug Dixon in, bench Jones, and drop Andrews?

Per the ESPN idiots: Coach Jay Gruden said he ideally wants to get Alfred Morris 65 percent of the carries, with Matt Jones getting 35 percent. Jones is still in the doghouse after his Week 3 fumble, but has the better chance to take over a game. There's potential for Jones and Morris to have big weeks against Atlanta. The Falcons are allowing 4.4 YPC and have given up the most rushing touchdowns in the league.

I just don't buy the "big weeks against Atlanta" theory. If the Skins still want to run the ball after falling behind by 3 or 4 TD's, then they're idiots.

And after reading this, I may just dump Matt Jones altogether. Not worth the headache anymore trying to figure out when he's not in the doghouse, or when he'll bust out again.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the ESPN idiots: Coach Jay Gruden said he ideally wants to get Alfred Morris 65 percent of the carries, with Matt Jones getting 35 percent. Jones is still in the doghouse after his Week 3 fumble, but has the better chance to take over a game. There's potential for Jones and Morris to have big weeks against Atlanta. The Falcons are allowing 4.4 YPC and have given up the most rushing touchdowns in the league.

I just don't buy the "big weeks against Atlanta" theory. If the Skins still want to run the ball after falling behind by 3 or 4 TD's, then they're idiots.

And after reading this, I may just dump Matt Jones altogether. Not worth the headache anymore trying to figure out when he's not in the doghouse, or when he'll bust out again.
Don't forget about the other guy as well.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to believe it, but Boom Herron is getting some serious talk up by coaches. I love watching Boobie rumble, and don't think he's bad in pass pro or catching.... gonna be interesting.

Call me crazy but I would actually start Jones too.... but you can't trust me with a Bill, I may be over conservative sometimes.