• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Carousel

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College you play mostly for the love the game a piece of paper .. When you play for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I would say you should be clean .. they all should be tested daily they are paid to be the best and that should not be tainted .. You add in guys getting way to large and causing people to get hurt and all the other chances of getting killed on the field literally from players taking stuff that will fk up there judgment and how to handle themselves ..

I think last week showed us all that there might be teams cheating on some stuff those guys were trying to kill each other that is not a clean operating mind my guess is the Steelers and Bengals are doing some unsavory stuff

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wondered how things might have turned out differently for Shanahan in Washington had he not made the horrendous decision to keep an obviously injured RGIII in that playoff game against Seattle several years ago. Still can't believe he did that and things really seemed to head south for Washington after that game.

He was kind off nutty that way with hut players .. I agree that did not help .. RG got rather lazy not sure if he was paying him back or that is a fatal flaw in him because he was never right again

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was kind off nutty that way with hut players .. I agree that did not help .. RG got rather lazy not sure if he was paying him back or that is a fatal flaw in him because he was never right again

Totally agree. I don't really know why that is, but I know a lot of people blame Griffin for that. I've often heard that he just didn't work hard enough to turn himself more into a scrambler than a runner. That might be true, but I am reluctant to discount the effects of a serious knee injury. Like you say, he has just never looked the same physically since getting hurt.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I don't really know why that is, but I know a lot of people blame Griffin for that. I've often heard that he just didn't work hard enough to turn himself more into a scrambler than a runner. That might be true, but I am reluctant to discount the effects of a serious knee injury. Like you say, he has just never looked the same physically since getting hurt.

Adding to the Subway sandwich curse. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, we will agree to disagree on Shanahan

But regardless of the way we see Shanny, I think we can completely agree on one thing:

Alex Gibbs was a huge part of our Super Bowl run

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what we saw was a guy that for his entire career had relied completely on his athleticism to dominate. His knee injury hindered that ability making it to where if he was going to continue to find success in the NFL he had to the other things beyond just being a special athlete to go and dominate. From my understanding he wasn't willing to put in enough time in the film room and wasn't willing to try and learn a true NFL system. The plan from the beginning was to start with his college style of play but slowly ease him into a more traditional NFL system as he got more comfortable. He just wasn't willing to put in the time to learn a pro style of play and coaches knew that he would be out of the league with injuries in 3 years if they kept playing him in his college style of offense.

This is why to me RGIII's best course of action would be to find a team where he can sit for an entire year and do nothing but work with a QB coach and just sit in film half the day with a coach showing him the ropes of what it takes to succeed in the NFL as a QB. Then after a year of keeping him behind the scenes give him back the reigns and I think he could come out and dominate. He has all the talent you could ever want.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, we will agree to disagree on Shanahan

But regardless of the way we see Shanny, I think we can completely agree on one thing:

Alex Gibbs was a huge part of our Super Bowl run

Yep I will agree with that for sure