• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Film: Bears Game

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as before, little things I noticed... both good and bad.

Manningham1stdrive.png

Opening drive, the Bears let Manningham go through their zone and unfortunately CK was locked in on Williams at the top... could have been another TD for CK, instead they settled for the FG.

ManninghamonKDubpass.png

This is the deep pass to Kyle Williams in the 1st QTR, and I just wanted to show that had he wished it he could have hit Manningham deep as well. I can't say enough about Manningham, he did this a lot with Smith as QB and still does it with CK. Only one guy can get the ball though, so this isn't a negative at all... just want to point this out for the guys trashing Manningham that he gets open a lot, but just doesn't get thrown to... under Alex and CK.

MossonVDTD.png

Same theme, for those trashing Moss along with Manningham for not producing. This is the TD pass to VD, it was designed for VD so CK never saw Randy... but Moss was more than a little wide open himself.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought after the Vernon TD that Moss looked less than thrilled. Maybe he thought it was going to him? Not that it should matter.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WalkeronpasstoVD.png

This was on a completed pass to Vernon, just thought I'd show that Delanie Walker could have made it a bigger play... but lets not kid ourselves, no guarantee Walker even catches that ball.

CKthrowingVDopen.png

This is that awesome pass to VD where CK through him open, something we don't usually see from Smith since he waits until the guy completely clears the defender before committing to the pass...

Crabtree-1.png

This is the last play of the 3rd Qtr, unfortunately the Bears got pressure on CK and flushed him out of the pocket. Because Crabtree beat his guy and if CK had time he probably could have hit him for a long completion or TD.

It's pretty crazy that CK had such a great game, and it could have been better. Really gets me excited for him as a starter.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought after the Vernon TD that Moss looked less than thrilled. Maybe he thought it was going to him? Not that it should matter.

Ha, yeah, Moss was a little disappointed for not getting thrown to. Who can blame him though.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KyleWilliams.png

KyleWilliams2.png

This isn't a big deal because the 49ers were up a lot and not picking up the 1st didn't matter, but he could have probably got it to Kyle here for a 1st but instead he tucked it and ran with the Bears stopping him a half a yard short.

VDgettingmugged.png

This play upsets me quite a bit, VD pretty much got tackled by the Bears without a flag. I guess with how quick CK is, and with how the blocking shifted to the right he is out of the pocket... but... man, getting tackled so you can't run your route should be a flag.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backfoot.png

Backfoot2.png

Probably my favorite play of the game, with Briggs in his face he just slings it into that tight window to VD on 3rd down and 12. A lot better than throwing 5 yard passes on 3rd and long.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work birds, nice work!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Birds, you know we'll be expecting a full passing game breakdown from you every week, right?

:hug:

Now I'm sure tht Kaep's going for 400 yards on Sunday!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words the Bears Defense is either overrated or just did not show up to play Monday. They couldn't stop the run even though they prepared for it, and they were letting receivers get open all over the field. That doesn't sound like something you would expect from the supposed best defense in the league.

It's hard hard to tell if we really played that well or if they just played that bad.... Honestly that's why I want to see Kaep play this weekend.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backfoot.png

Backfoot2.png

Probably my favorite play of the game, with Briggs in his face he just slings it into that tight window to VD on 3rd down and 12. A lot better than throwing 5 yard passes on 3rd and long.

yep seeing it from that angle removes any doubt of alex ever attempting that pass.

:duck:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So in other words the Bears Defense is either overrated or just did not show up to play Monday. They couldn't stop the run even though they prepared for it, and they were letting receivers get open all over the field. That doesn't sound like something you would expect from the supposed best defense in the league.

It's hard hard to tell if we really played that well or if they just played that bad.... Honestly that's why I want to see Kaep play this weekend.

it is something all Units go thru, even our own D struggled against the Rams. this even happens to offensive Units, some days it just doesn't go.

it was a combination of our offense (not only Kaep) with an exceptional game, and their D that just didn't show.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep seeing it from that angle removes any doubt of alex ever attempting that pass.

If we are being honest, that is presicely the same route Davis caught the winning TD on vs. the Saints last year. The difference with this pass by Kaepernick is, with the pressure, Smith would have bailed out of the pocket long before he would have thrown his pass.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Birds, you know we'll be expecting a full passing game breakdown from you every week, right?

:hug:

Now I'm sure tht Kaep's going for 400 yards on Sunday!

I'll do my best, I did this a little earlier in the year but I fell off for a few weeks.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd disagree, obviously Chicago had a bad day and I'm not going to argue that a lot of things went wrong for them... but just like the Vikings and Giants game, those teams had a lot to do with that bad day with how well they played.

To cite my other coaches film thread, Manningham was getting open a lot, Crabtree got open often, and Moss even got open a lot too. Which really aggravated me about Smith, because those guys would get behind the defenses but he'd take the safer throw underneath.

Biggest example for that is the Jets game, Randy Moss was behind Cromartie and the safety was far enough away that Alex could have hit him for a the TD, but instead Smith went to Walker cutting underneath Moss for the safe 1st down. The 49ers got a TD on that drive, so nothing was lost... except the continued belief that Randy Moss is a bum who can't get open and the 49ers are stupid for bringing him in.

To start my rant, listening to so many of the posters here degrade Moss, Manningham, and then Jenkins because he hasn't "beaten out those two losers for playing time" is driving me freakin nuts. Because what Moss and Manningham are doing doesn't show up since Alex for the most part, and even Kaepernick in the last game don't see them open for TDs or when they do get open they throw the TD to someone else.

Just a rough guess, both Manningham and Moss could have around 5 TDs each, but I'd guess about half of those combined TDs would have came at the expense of VD, Crabtree or Gore not eventually getting a TD.... so no big loss.

One of my biggest goals with posting these pics, in this thread and the previous coaching film one, is to prove that Moss and Manningham are doing a great job, they have both been fantastic FA signings and their contributions are lost in the stat column.. but the other team is noticing what they are doing and thats why defenses aren't rolling coverages over to VD or Crabtree even though they are the only two "producing".

The stuff I've seen on film from Manningham and Moss, is what made me lose so much faith in Smith... they were brought in to take him to the next level and they've done their part in my opinion, not saying I'm absolutely right, but just in my opinion those two have been everything as promised.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That particular pass, I don't want Smith throwing, unless you can say that he has the same arm or better than Kaep. I think Smith has confidence in doing what he can and believes it can lead us to victories - it has in the regular season and once in the playoffs (and he could have escaped the Giants game if not for turnovers, emphasis on the word "escaped"). But I think part of his hesitancy is his understanding of what throws he can consistently make, and that has helped us (over him trying to throw it). It, of course, hasn't helped us as much as Kaep could by completing it. If he can't consistently do what you need to ensure victory, get another QB, but I would not complain about his decision making, IMO. He made good decisions for his consistent capabilities. He shouldn't make those decisions based on what other QBs can consistently do. I'm not talking about open receivers missed, I'm talking about his decision making as to tighter windows and "give the receiver a chance" pop ups.

I keep saying 'consistent' because I have seen him make good throws, particularly when there's nothing to lose. The Minnesota game was actually the most disappointing game this year for me because I felt he had nothing to lose at some point and I didn't see him say f-it, now I'm going for it like he did in the Saints game or even the Philadelphia game in 2010. The rest of the games where you are winning or tied, fine, I accept it, as long as he's the QB - there's some playing the odds and relying on the defense. But with likely only one or two possessions, don't think too much about risks!

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That particular pass, I don't want Smith throwing, unless you can say that he has the same arm or better than Kaep. I think Smith has confidence in doing what he can and believes it can lead us to victories - it has in the regular season and once in the playoffs (and he could have escaped the Giants game if not for turnovers, emphasis on the word "escaped"). But I think part of his hesitancy is his understanding of what throws he can consistently make, and that has helped us (over him trying to throw it). It, of course, hasn't helped us as much as Kaep could by completing it. If he can't consistently do what you need to ensure victory, get another QB, but I would not complain about his decision making, IMO. He made good decisions for his consistent capabilities. He shouldn't make those decisions based on what other QBs can consistently do.

I keep saying 'consistent' because I have seen him make good throws, particularly when there's nothing to lose. The Minnesota game was actually the most disappointing game this year for me because I felt he had nothing to lose at some point and I didn't see him say f-it, now I'm going for it like he did in the Saints game or even the Philadelphia game in 2010. The rest of the games where you are winning or tied, fine, I accept it, as long as he's the QB - there's some playing the odds and relying on the defense. But with likely only one or two possessions, don't think too much about risks!

That Vikings game was immensely disappointing for me, Smith missed out on 3 TDs. The overthrow to Moss, the perplexing decision not to throw to Crabtree on the roll out after KW's huge return, and when he chose to go to Walker underneath even though Manningham 100% beat his guy for a back corner lob TD.

I'll forgive one or two misses, but Alex really started to lose me after that game. No guarantee he hits Crabtree or Manningham for TDs, but he had them and he didn't even try.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Vikings game was immensely disappointing for me, Smith missed out on 3 TDs. The overthrow to Moss, the perplexing decision not to throw to Crabtree on the roll out after KW's huge return, and when he chose to go to Walker underneath even though Manningham 100% beat his guy for a back corner lob TD.

I'll forgive one or two misses, but Alex really started to lose me after that game. No guarantee he hits Crabtree or Manningham for TDs, but he had them and he didn't even try.

Yeah, while I have supported him and still will if he plays, I never was ok with missing open receivers in an offense he's an "expert" in and knows the defense. I was ok with him not forcing even semi-covered receivers, knowing that the coaches emphasized both high percentage passes and protecting the ball. But when we're losing LATE? Push!!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That particular pass, I don't want Smith throwing, unless you can say that he has the same arm or better than Kaep.

Smith completed the same route to VD vs. New Orleans - granted, not with a defender in his face, but I explained that in my earlier post.