• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of the point. The Chiefs score lots of touchdowns.

What correlation? It's an easy question.
Do you think Bell will get on average at least 8 carries and 3 catches?
If yes... is he better or worse than what Williams could provide?
If no... well, I guess there's nothing to discuss... he would be an empty handcuff.
Alright , pencil in bell for 8-10 carries. And a td a game.lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of the point. The Chiefs score lots of touchdowns.

If no... well, I guess there's nothing to discuss... he would be an empty handcuff.

I guess we have to look at what each player offers to the table and KC system put in place. They could have a Chubb-Hunt dynamic where touches are consistent but really unknown (when Chubb was healthy).

In Stefanski's system they run the ball quite a bit more but I think the talent level for each players is comparable. We could see a 50-50 split when Bell gets up to speed and I wouldn't be shocked BUT your main point, how many carries/touches is that?

rushes by RB's

Week 1 -32
W2 - 16
W3 - 24
W4 - 17
W5 - 14

If their running game blossoms do they depend on it more often to take more off Mahomes? I think that was the whole point of this pickup tbh.

I think an average of 8+ carries and 3 receptions is fair to expect from Bell but having Bell in two leagues...I will probably give it one week (which would be the Jets game) to see how it goes, then make my decision based upon that very short sample size. I am playing it right now like Bell is on IR but of course he won't be available till Week 7

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrell Williams in three games last year with at least 8 carries... (standard) 10, 15, 9 points... 3 TD, 10 catches.

Is Lev Bell not getting 8 carries? Or is he worse than Darrell Williams?
You bring up touches and then subsequent points t by Williams and correlate them to bell. Insinuating he’s as talented and can match that production ,yes?
Is that a less than 8 carries endorsement? Or a worse/no better than Darrell Williams endorsement?kind of the point. The Chiefs score lots of touchdowns.
again stick with the bell is better than Williams, and that the chiefs score a lot of touchdowns, so that correlation holds true.

Now we’re not gonna correlate him scoring a touchdown weekly? Because unless he’s popping off 10 yards a touch...he’s not cracking that 10 point marker.....

which was my point...
Never said he was an empty cuff....saying using 3 games from Williams in which he scored is quite skewed...

Maybe I’m missing something. So we are or are not counting and expecting touchdowns every week with 8-11 touches?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have to look at what each player offers to the table and KC system put in place. They could have a Chubb-Hunt dynamic where touches are consistent but really unknown (when Chubb was healthy).

In Stefanski's system they run the ball quite a bit more but I think the talent level for each players is comparable. We could see a 50-50 split when Bell gets up to speed and I wouldn't be shocked BUT your main point, how many carries/touches is that?

rushes by RB's

Week 1 -32
W2 - 16
W3 - 24
W4 - 17
W5 - 14

If their running game blossoms do they depend on it more often to take more off Mahomes? I think that was the whole point of this pickup tbh.

I think an average of 8+ carries and 3 receptions is fair to expect from Bell but having Bell in two leagues...I will probably give it one week (which would be the Jets game) to see how it goes, then make my decision based upon that very short sample size. I am playing it right now like Bell is on IR but of course he won't be available till Week 7

Define "depend"...
They're usually lights out on offense, even with a lead, certainly from behind.
Define "blossoms"...
I assume this has more to do with score, and opponent than it does a generalized "will they run more" question.

Week 1 - pound Houston with effective run
Week 2 - stingy LAC in a OT battle
Week 3 - beat the Ravens with ineffective run (would like to see box, was this 4th quarter majority carries?)
Week 4 - Pats just do their Pats thing and hold them down all over
Week 5 - Raiders shock them in a shoot out. No time to run.

Their remaining schedule looks like a run fest (assuming leads), with a couple shoot outs. But Mahomes will always have 30+ attempts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "depend"...
They're usually lights out on offense, even with a lead, certainly from behind.
Define "blossoms"...
I assume this has more to do with score, and opponent than it does a generalized "will they run more" question.

Week 1 - pound Houston with effective run
Week 2 - stingy LAC in a OT battle
Week 3 - beat the Ravens with ineffective run (would like to see box, was this 4th quarter majority carries?)
Week 4 - Pats just do their Pats thing and hold them down all over
Week 5 - Raiders shock them in a shoot out. No time to run.

Their remaining schedule looks like a run fest (assuming leads), with a couple shoot outs. But Mahomes will always have 30+ attempts.

Depends - kinda what you said, it is game to game. Do they dominate and get out to big leads so they can pound the ball? That would help those running attempts climb but I mean that can be said for a lot of teams.

Blossoms - pretty much same as above.

It just seems like Bell/CEH carries depends on a lot of outcomes and there is no clear outcome either way but what I do know is...I think we will see Bell as the GL back and the opportunities will be there for him. Everything else is game to game as far as touches but even with all that uncertainty...I like for Bell to get equal or above that "Darrel Williams baseline". Just my opinion though so that's why I am giving it time.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up touches and then subsequent points t by Williams and correlate them to bell. Insinuating he’s as talented and can match that production ,yes?

again stick with the bell is better than Williams, and that the chiefs score a lot of touchdowns, so that correlation holds true.

Now we’re not gonna correlate him scoring a touchdown weekly? Because unless he’s popping off 10 yards a touch...he’s not cracking that 10 point marker.....

which was my point...
Never said he was an empty cuff....saying using 3 games from Williams in which he scored is quite skewed...

Maybe I’m missing something. So we are or are not counting and expecting touchdowns every week with 8-11 touches?

I used the games Williams had 8 carries. There were 3.
The touchdowns are irrelevant, outside the fact they happen every game, more so with the Chiefs, but specifically in those three games as well.

My question was, is Bell as productive with 8 carries and 3 catches? (left out the TD on purpose)
Being better (as I believe) implies the touchdowns aren't as necessary.

Take the TD away then...
10, 15 and 9 turns to 4, 9, and 3.

Is Bell better or worse than 4, 9 and 3 points II'll even give ya an average of 6.5 points)... on 8 carries and 3 catches a game?
IF he indeed gets the 8 and 3, which was the other part of the question.

Me: 8 and 3 = >6.5 points
You: 8 and 3 = (> or <)6.5 points?

I'm not trying to trip you up here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the games Williams had 8 carries. There were 3.
The touchdowns are irrelevant, outside the fact they happen every game, more so with the Chiefs, but specifically in those three games as well.

My question was, is Bell as productive with 8 carries and 3 catches? (left out the TD on purpose)
Being better (as I believe) implies the touchdowns aren't as necessary.

Take the TD away then...
10, 15 and 9 turns to 4, 9, and 3.

Is Bell better or worse than 4, 9 and 3 points II'll even give ya an average of 6.5 points)... on 8 carries and 3 catches a game?
IF he indeed gets the 8 and 3, which was the other part of the question.

Me: 8 and 3 = >6.5 points
You: 8 and 3 = (> or <)6.5 points?

I'm not trying to trip you up here.
the point is the logic was shifting.I’ll let this go. Bell will be fine... :suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends - kinda what you said, it is game to game. Do they dominate and get out to big leads so they can pound the ball? That would help those running attempts climb but I mean that can be said for a lot of teams.

Blossoms - pretty much same as above.

It just seems like Bell/CEH carries depends on a lot of outcomes and there is no clear outcome either way but what I do know is...I think we will see Bell as the GL back and the opportunities will be there for him. Everything else is game to game as far as touches but even with all that uncertainty...I like for Bell to get equal or above that "Darrel Williams baseline". Just my opinion though so that's why I am giving it time.

I think I'm fine with letting him go in the Denver game... guess that's a roster question though.... some leagues, I have nothing else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm fine with letting him go in the Denver game... guess that's a roster question though.... some leagues, I have nothing else.

Ohh thought they were playing the Jets next week...I guess I need to check these things. I was watching a segment from the Cowherd show and Joy said he will be available next week for the Jets. If you don't talk much in the show, at least get it right when you do LOL. Yeah I agree, the Denver game will be fine with as well.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh thought they were playing the Jets next week...I guess I need to check these things. I was watching a segment from the Cowherd show and Joy said he will be available next week for the Jets. If you don't talk much in the show, at least get it right when you do LOL. Yeah I agree, the Denver game will be fine with as well.

shit.. I don't know. don't take my word. I was just going off espn

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if nothing else, it injected life into the board

CEH was such a polarizing figure until Bell came in to end the discussion.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CEH was such a polarizing figure until Bell came in to end the discussion.

He's a rookie that didn't get a real preseason if I drafted him I'd be ecstatic with his production so far, but I also wouldn't have used a redraft first round pick on him...

Bell being a great receiver definitely hurts his value ROS

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a rookie that didn't get a real preseason if I drafted him I'd be ecstatic with his production so far, but I also wouldn't have used a redraft first round pick on him...

Bell being a great receiver definitely hurts his value ROS

Yeah, but draft position is all relative now anyway. Everybody that drafted Barkley 2nd will tell you that. Right now the top five draft picks should have been Kamara, Cook, Elliott, Aaron Jones, and Chris Carson. It's funny that everybody is saying that they wouldn't have drafted him, but in comparison to the other guys that might have been taken ahead of him at running back he's done just fine. Yes he's RB12 on the season, but Chris Carson, Mike Davis, Kareem Hunt, James Robinson, and Todd Gurley are all ahead of him and none of them were on anybody's damn list to be taken in the 1st round and he's outperformed Miles Sanders, Chubb, Ekeler, and Kenyan Drake, but he's been outperformed by Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs, and Joe Mixon. So if you took CEH as your RB7 you might have still made the right choice depending on who was next on your list.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but draft position is all relative now anyway. Everybody that drafted Barkley 2nd will tell you that. Right now the top five draft picks should have been Kamara, Cook, Elliott, Aaron Jones, and Chris Carson. It's funny that everybody is saying that they wouldn't have drafted him, but in comparison to the other guys that might have been taken ahead of him at running back he's done just fine. Yes he's RB12 on the season, but Chris Carson, Mike Davis, Kareem Hunt, James Robinson, and Todd Gurley are all ahead of him and none of them were on anybody's damn list to be taken in the 1st round and he's outperformed Miles Sanders, Chubb, Ekeler, and Kenyan Drake, but he's been outperformed by Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs, and Joe Mixon. So if you took CEH as your RB7 you might have still made the right choice depending on who was next on your list.
The Jones Jacobs Mixon grouping are the dudes I was advocating for in place of a guy like CEH (redraft), but yes, even I, absolutely would've jumped on CEH the second those guys were gone..probably over Sanders, definitely over Ekeler...and Drake?? Lol. Yeah, definitely. Come on Edmonds, take that brass ring.

Dynasty I certainly can't fault anyone for taking him #1. I would have, and still would, take Dobbins and Taylor over him. But thus far, production wise, I'd be behind. Long term I think both of them long outlast CEH. But, we shall see

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An 0-5 team in my 12 team dynasty league just traded his 1st next year for Bell.... Hmmm, wonder why you’re 0-5, bro?