• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiance, I agree man lol I always thought the same thing about kyrie. I remember someone in the warriors org said once kyrie went down that he thought " this series is going to be a lot tougher now with Irving down" looks like they were right.

People are too easily blinded by flashy offensive talent!

LeBron sits today and the Cavs get blown out by my Wizards, who pretty much suck this year. It is easy to look at the box score and say Kyrie showed up, nobody else did, but true elite players raise the level of the others around them. Kyrie does not.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron sits today and the Cavs get blown out by my Wizards, who pretty much suck this year. It is easy to look at the box score and say Kyrie showed up, nobody else did, but true elite players raise the level of the others around them. Kyrie does not.

Exactly! Warriors org is a great talent evaluator, when they say something like that they're usually right. The unselfish players are usually better at elevating the team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah exactly. Inexcusable to lose in such an embarrassing fashion as they did.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither does Love.
That's the big difference IMO, both Wade and Bosh could/did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does Love.
That's the big difference IMO, both Wade and Bosh could/did.

I agree for the most part. I actually think Love and Bosh are fairly comparable, Bosh may have the edge because of his defense. Both add value as very good complementary players, neither is a superstar.

The thing with Kyrie is that he just does his thing regardless of the talent around him. While it may look spectacular, it does not net out to all that much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie could be fantastic in the right setting. Put him on a team with great defensive bigs and scoring issues (like the Iverson 7ers), but the Cavs are not that team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie could be fantastic in the right setting. Put him on a team with great defensive bigs and scoring issues (like the Iverson 7ers), but the Cavs are not that team.

I think if some talented, young players played under a defensive-minded, teamwork first kind of coach, like Pop, etc., then they would become more defensive-minded and play more team ball. You think playing under Coach K could have helped some, but he didn't play much under actually being on the floor. All I know is this team has to get it together before the playoffs start or this team is making big changes in the offseason.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if some talented, young players played under a defensive-minded, teamwork first kind of coach, like Pop, etc., then they would become more defensive-minded and play more team ball. You think playing under Coach K could have helped some, but he didn't play much under actually being on the floor. All I know is this team has to get it together before the playoffs start or this team is making big changes in the offseason.

Big change like Decision III?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think everyone is panicking just because of how well GSW is playing...The Cavs are on pace for nearly 60 wins, and the 1 seed despite loads of crap that has happened this year---- no matter what happens- they have a chance against ANYBODY as long as they have LeBron...in a regular season they would be lauded right now for their record and consistenncy despite injuries, coaching change etc........ combine the GSW winning along with the OIC mentality and people are not NEARLY enjoying this season as much as they should...I seriously CANT wait until the playoffs get underway.....no team ever wins the NBA title without some decent timing and a little bit of luck- and if the Cavs were not suffering through any adversity and simply winning games that would just give them a false sense of confidence. The calendar does not even change over until March until tomorrow.

For the Cavs- is the first relevant game that they can play all season in June? or maybe late May?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- anyone out there willing to take a step or two out onto a limb and declare they dont think the Cavs make it to the Finals?

didnt think so.

Miami experienced this after losing to the Mavs---- all though- the Heat were healthy when they lost to a Dallas team that was far LESS talented than the GSW team the Cavs lost to. There was nothing they could do to change their narrative until they got back to the Finals the next year.

For the Cavs- playing a very talented opponent (many would argue more talented- though i dont know if i would per se) while being severely short handed- and losing in the Finals after only losing 2 whole games in the entire Eastern Playoff run- has left them in a similar position. Until they get back to the Finals- everything else is pretty much just window dressing.

As we sit here in February- its IMPOSSIBLE to tell what will be going on in June--- other than the fact that it is almost certain we will have a Cavs team play the Warriors again--- the same Cavs team that was a LeBron last second shot from possibly being up 3-0 (though the circumstances are sure to have played out at least somewhat differently).

until June rolls around- i am going to thoroughly enjoy the ride to the Finals- and then watch some- hopefully- historic basketball. Cant wait to see who timing and luck favors this postseason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- anyone out there willing to take a step or two out onto a limb and declare they dont think the Cavs make it to the Finals?

didnt think so.

Depends. Lebron gets injured, cramps or bed bugs and I'll declare they don't even make it past the first round.

Don't get too cocky Wiggy. The Raptors have beaten you before, and they most likely will beat you again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think everyone is panicking just because of how well GSW is playing...The Cavs are on pace for nearly 60 wins, and the 1 seed despite loads of crap that has happened this year---- no matter what happens- they have a chance against ANYBODY as long as they have LeBron...in a regular season they would be lauded right now for their record and consistenncy despite injuries, coaching change etc........ combine the GSW winning along with the OIC mentality and people are not NEARLY enjoying this season as much as they should...I seriously CANT wait until the playoffs get underway.....no team ever wins the NBA title without some decent timing and a little bit of luck- and if the Cavs were not suffering through any adversity and simply winning games that would just give them a false sense of confidence. The calendar does not even change over until March until tomorrow.

For the Cavs- is the first relevant game that they can play all season in June? or maybe late May?

I don't actually disagree with much written here except then don't come on here in November saying the Cavs made a statement when beating Boston, or just last week saying Cavs were rolling after beating Ok City.

Heat fans pretty much always said our first important game was prob in round 2 and didn't beat our chest over any regular season win.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave a co worker 3-1 odds on Cavs getting to the Finals back at the beginning of the season. Still feeling good about that bet.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave a co worker 3-1 odds on Cavs getting to the Finals back at the beginning of the season. Still feeling good about that bet.

As you should. The East is weak when it comes to final contenders outside of Cleveland. Toronto has a choking issue that they need to get over before I can take them serious

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Lebron gets injured, cramps or bed bugs and I'll declare they don't even make it past the first round.

Don't get too cocky Wiggy. The Raptors have beaten you before, and they most likely will beat you again.

That is the same with any team. GS without Curry is not going to the Finals, maybe even without Dray or Klay. SA without Leonard. But Cavs without Kyrie and Love made it to the Finals. Most or all teams wouldn't do that with those caliber of players out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the same with any team. GS without Curry is not going to the Finals, maybe even without Dray or Klay. SA without Leonard. But Cavs without Kyrie and Love made it to the Finals. Most or all teams wouldn't do that with those caliber of players out.

GS without Curry could actually make it to the finals.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is this team has to get it together before the playoffs start or this team is making big changes in the offseason.

Cue up the Lebron to... [your team here] rumors. :lol:

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Cavs without Kyrie and Love made it to the Finals. Most or all teams wouldn't do that with those caliber of players out.

True, but let's not pretend it was that difficult a task. It says as much about how weak the East was as it does about the Cavs ability to make up for the loss of those players.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

didnt think so.

Miami experienced this after losing to the Mavs---- all though- the Heat were healthy when they lost to a Dallas team that was far LESS talented than the GSW team the Cavs lost to. There was nothing they could do to change their narrative until they got back to the Finals the next year.

For the Cavs- playing a very talented opponent (many would argue more talented- though i dont know if i would per se) while being severely short handed- and losing in the Finals after only losing 2 whole games in the entire Eastern Playoff run- has left them in a similar position. Until they get back to the Finals- everything else is pretty much just window dressing.

As we sit here in February- its IMPOSSIBLE to tell what will be going on in June--- other than the fact that it is almost certain we will have a Cavs team play the Warriors again--- the same Cavs team that was a LeBron last second shot from possibly being up 3-0 (though the circumstances are sure to have played out at least somewhat differently).

until June rolls around- i am going to thoroughly enjoy the ride to the Finals- and then watch some- hopefully- historic basketball. Cant wait to see who timing and luck favors this postseason.

Dubs are one of the most talented teams in the history book as far as the NBA goes. But Dallas was not full of scrubs as you make them out to be. More importantly, if we're comparing rosters of what the Heat were trotting out in year 1, you'll see that outside of the Big 3, the Heat were trotting out scrubs. Mike Bibby and Big Z were the starting PG and C. That tells you all you need to know, it wasn't some monumental upset that you're making it out to be.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good comparison. Kyrie & Love are NOT their respective teams' best player- where Steph is for GS & probably the same for Leonard in SA. Apples to oranges.