• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the same with any team. GS without Curry is not going to the Finals, maybe even without Dray or Klay. SA without Leonard. But Cavs without Kyrie and Love made it to the Finals. Most or all teams wouldn't do that with those caliber of players out.

Cavs made it to the Finals with the East as weak as it's ever been for quite some time. The star in question is Lebron. I guarantee you if the Cavs had to make a choice on the following:

1. Have a team with just Lebron and support staff.
2. Have team with Irving and Love, along with support staff.

Cavs fans would surely pick option 1. Also, the teams you listed are all in the West. The West representative in the Finals will have gone through a much more difficult gauntlet.

And yes, if Lebron stays healthy, regardless of who else is healthy on the Cavs - they'll be in the Finals. They have the best player, in the East anyway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,
James with Heat never failed to make the Finals, but he
still left.
If Cavs don't win it all, who knows where his head will be this summer, but I pretty much am certain that it won't be returning with both Love/Kyrie.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season that the Warriors are having is putting the pressure on Cleveland. It makes every success they have appear less impressive and every failure they have appear more meaningful.

Which I think is a good thing... IF the Cavs handle it well and use it as motivation to get themselves better (by being themselves, not trying to be like the Warriors).

I'd rather have it like this... than if the Warriors and Spurs were underperforming and at the same record as the Cavs. In that situation, everything would be rainbows and unicorns in Cleveland and it would be easy for them to coast into the playoffs feeling like "we got this".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody thinks the Cavs aren't going to the finals.

The problem is that there are 3 teams in the West who are better. Being the 4th best team in the League is not good enough when LeBron is on the roster.

But, LeBron would flip if the Cavs tried to move Irving, and that is the best way they can get enough assets to enable them to legitimately challenge the Warriors.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs made it to the Finals with the East as weak as it's ever been for quite some time. The star in question is Lebron. I guarantee you if the Cavs had to make a choice on the following:

1. Have a team with just Lebron and support staff.
2. Have team with Irving and Love, along with support staff.

Cavs fans would surely pick option 1. Also, the teams you listed are all in the West. The West representative in the Finals will have gone through a much more difficult gauntlet.

And yes, if Lebron stays healthy, regardless of who else is healthy on the Cavs - they'll be in the Finals. They have the best player, in the East anyway.

True and that's why those powerhouse West teams still need their teams healthy. When any star player gets injured it is going to affect that team and most likely prevent them from winning in the later rounds.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that there are 3 teams in the West who are better. Being the 4th best team in the League is not good enough when LeBron is on the roster.

But, LeBron would flip if the Cavs tried to move Irving, and that is the best way they can get enough assets to enable them to legitimately challenge the Warriors.
Interesting. What player do you think could replace Kyrie that would make the biggest impact to their roster?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still say two. OKC is definitely right there, but like I said their defense isn't up to par yet. The Spurs and especially Warriors are standing alone. Some things need click for the Cavs to beat one of those teams in the Finals. Lebron needs to play like last year and go into takeover mode even with Love and Kyrie out there IMO

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say two. OKC is definitely right there, but like I said their defense isn't up to par yet. The Spurs and especially Warriors are standing alone. Some things need click for the Cavs to beat one of those teams in the Finals. Lebron needs to play like last year and go into takeover mode even with Love and Kyrie out there IMO

I agree. Also... JR needs to have an awesome Finals (both ends of the court) in order for the Cavs to pull off an upset of CLE or GSW. He's capable of doing so... but he's almost equally as capable of disappearing. Call me crazy... but I think he might be the most important factor in a potential GSW-CLE Finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season that the Warriors are having is putting the pressure on Cleveland. It makes every success they have appear less impressive and every failure they have appear more meaningful.

Which I think is a good thing... IF the Cavs handle it well and use it as motivation to get themselves better (by being themselves, not trying to be like the Warriors).

I'd rather have it like this... than if the Warriors and Spurs were underperforming and at the same record as the Cavs. In that situation, everything would be rainbows and unicorns in Cleveland and it would be easy for them to coast into the playoffs feeling like "we got this".
i wish i could like, winner, etc etc. this post....extremely good.

When KI plays Curry to a standstill and LeBron shows Draymond there is a diffrence between an All Time Great and a second rounder that has worked his way up- and brings the ring home,I WILL be at the parade- and hopefully alive the next day.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. What player do you think could replace Kyrie that would make the biggest impact to their roster?

Because of his value, I think they could get a couple players.

Trade Kyrie for Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder, for example, and I think the Cavs are a much better team for it. Not sure the Celtics would want both Thomas and Irving, but they definitely seek star power, and Irving gives them that.

In terms of trade value, Kyrie would command a greater haul of assets than just those 2 players and somebody would likely have to throw in a contract to make the $ work, but the Cavs need players who can defend and shoot, and who don't dominate the ball.

As far as a 1 for 1 deal, that is much tougher. The players that would best fit, (Klay Thompson) would never be available.

I know LeBron wants to play with a scoring point guard, but it is not in his best interest.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade Kyrie for Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder, for example, and I think the Cavs are a much better team for it. Not sure the Celtics would want both Thomas and Irving, but they definitely seek star power, and Irving gives them that.

In terms of trade value, Kyrie would command a greater haul of assets than just those 2 players and somebody would likely have to throw in a contract to make the $ work, but the Cavs need players who can defend and shoot, and who don't dominate the ball.

As far as a 1 for 1 deal, that is much tougher. The players that would best fit, (Klay Thompson) would never be available.

I know LeBron wants to play with a scoring point guard, but it is not in his best interest.
All good points...and you're correct- NOBODY is getting Klay. :nono: :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude we could get a TON more for Kyrie---

Kyrie is signed up for 4 more years with a contract of like 16-17 million per year....hes 23....hes one of the most valuable commodoties/contracts in the entire NBA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude we could get a TON more for Kyrie---

Kyrie is signed up for 4 more years with a contract of like 16-17 million per year....hes 23....hes one of the most valuable commodoties/contracts in the entire NBA.

Totally agree you could get a ton more.

Just saying those two alone would make the Cavs significantly better. That is why I think they need to trade him this off season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley and Crowder isn't enough, I agree. But just like Klay, Kyrie isn't going anywhere. I know it is hypothetical though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with you about his value being high, I think that is crazy. Let me explain.

How many teams have we seen put all their eggs in one basket-in terms of picking talented players-just to end up with zero on the trade in. Kyrie has been injured a large majority of his career, and yet, there are still a lot of teams that would give up good role players & huge contracts to get him. That to me is so asinine. How can a guy bring value if he's wearing a suit & tie on the sidelines most of the time?

And I get the whole idea that any player could face injuries. But isn't it pretty bad when we're talking about a player that has already had several injuries? Shouldn't that make the odds even more lopsided that he would get hurt again?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, James needs rest Sunday , but then flies to Miami on Cavs off day, while at the same time making cryptic tweet, which to me seems to have to be about Kyrie.

Can't wait for the implosion this summer.:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, James needs rest Sunday , but then flies to Miami on Cavs off day, while at the same time making cryptic tweet, which to me seems to have to be about Kyrie.

Can't wait for the implosion this summer.:nod:

What'd the tweet say?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably directed at LeBron Jr for not replacing the toilet paper roll