• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"People tend to forget or simply ignore what LeBron does on the defensive end. As good of a playmaker and finisher as he is on offense, it may not be far-fetched to say he is even more phenomenal as a defensive stopper. Opponents are shooting a league-low 32.8 percent from the field against him (minimum 15 games played). That’s nearly 12 percent worse than those player’s season averages." - NBA.com

That was as of January, could be more or less two months later of course. And that wasn't just perimeter it was from the field.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"People tend to forget or simply ignore what LeBron does on the defensive end. As good of a playmaker and finisher as he is on offense, it may not be far-fetched to say he is even more phenomenal as a defensive stopper. Opponents are shooting a league-low 32.8 percent from the field against him (minimum 15 games played). That’s nearly 12 percent worse than those player’s season averages." - NBA.com

That was as of January, could be more or less two months later of course. And that wasn't just perimeter it was from the field.
Wasn't aware of that stat, thanks for pointing it out. I guess I have this thing with players turning on the switch when they feel like it. I stand corrected in my argument.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't aware of that stat, thanks for pointing it out. I guess I have this thing with players turning on the switch when they feel like it. I stand corrected in my argument.

Just doesn't justify his decline. He is still one of the best, if not the best. He doesn't get credit where it's earned. If he doesn't run back on one play, people say he is overrated or a horrible defender. As everyone can see, not the case. :suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron is as good an on ball defender as there has ever been, but he also overhelps and does not do a great job staying connected to shooters, from what I have seen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the decline has just been his outside shooting. Everything else looks great and up to par for Lebron. I think he needs to keep attacking and post up more. Some games you will see Lebron in a rhythm actually shooting good from outside but he needs to leave that to JR, Kyrie (who has been struggling), and Love when open.

Uh, no it hasn't. At least not just in his outside shooting. It's also in his defense, which is still good, but not like it was. It's also in him needing more rest than in the past. I have no numbers, so I could be wrong, but I also don't see him attacking the rim as much or doing those rundown blocks from behind on defense that we used to see regularly.

In short, while he is still a great player, he isn't the "Lebron James with no regard for human life" version of himself anymore.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no it hasn't. At least not just in his outside shooting. It's also in his defense, which is still good, but not like it was. It's also in him needing more rest than in the past. I have no numbers, so I could be wrong, but I also don't see him attacking the rim as much or doing those rundown blocks from behind on defense that we used to see regularly.

In short, while he is still a great player, he isn't the "Lebron James with no regard for human life" version of himself anymore.

Well considering he was the best defender, then of course there is a dropoff bc we hold great defender to very high standards. Still a very good defender. I think he sometimes tries to do too much on defense like Tiance said and helps too much.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is getting old. He's at best 2-3 years away before he regularly starts missing games from various little injuries.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is as good an on ball defender as there has ever been, but he also overhelps and does not do a great job staying connected to shooters, from what I have seen.

I don't he is as consistently locked in as he was during Cleveland#1 and Miami years. He sometimes has "James Harden" moments where he watches the ball and loses his guy.

I think sometimes it would be better for him to guard a tough player to keep him focused. (Melo, Durant, etc.) But this should be balanced with playing time and wearing down.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry's defense also gets overlooked. His defense is not great like LeBron's defense, but it seems that most think Curry is a poor defender. Currently LeBron is at 35.3 FG% allowed, while Curry is at 39.5%. LeBron does have the edge in that his opponents usual FG% is 44.7, while for Curry it is 43.3. Curry's not great at defense, but he is far from the defensive liability that he usually is made out to be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you telling me older players don't slow down?

:L You gave a specific time 2-3 years, no way of knowing that. Could he see more rest, possibly. Every player is different.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't he is as consistently locked in as he was during Cleveland#1 and Miami years. He sometimes has "James Harden" moments where he watches the ball and loses his guy.

I think sometimes it would be better for him to guard a tough player to keep him focused. (Melo, Durant, etc.) But this should be balanced with playing time and wearing down.

At 31, he shouldn't have to guard the best player but like you said he really lives up to the challenge and plays harder when he does IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L You gave a specific time 2-3 years, no way of knowing that. Could he see more rest, possibly. Every player is different.

So when lebron hits 34 you actually think he's still going to be playing a full season without rest? And he's not going to be lingered with annoying little injures which make him miss a game or two?

I guess lebron must be a medical miracle then, Dr Assole Finger-popping!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering he was the best defender, then of course there is a dropoff bc we hold great defender to very high standards. Still a very good defender. I think he sometimes tries to do too much on defense like Tiance said and helps too much.

Yeah, I can see that to a point. I think that at this point, it has more to do with how long he can defend at that the level we're used to. He used to be able to defend that way for the entire game. Now, it's more in spurts. Which is to be expected. Dude has a lot of miles on him. Kobe went through the same thing when his decline started.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully LeBron took his talents back to Akron/Canton airport and is enjoying the beautiful weather there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when lebron hits 34 you actually think he's still going to be playing a full season without rest? And he's not going to be lingered with annoying little injures which make him miss a game or two?

I guess lebron must be a medical miracle then, Dr Assole Finger-popping!

Everyone has injuries, young or old. The way Lebron takes care of his body, he is built for a very long career. The point is nobody knows if he will have injury problems like he sort of did last year, a season where he played and started 69 games and a postseason where he played all 20 games at 42 mpg. He will most certainly get more rest, but the fact you know he will have injuries and that's why he will get less minutes is just...:L