• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im glad lebron thought waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay differently.

LeBron might start thinking waaaaaaayyyy differently again if this season ends with an L.

Wouldn't you agree chance of wining for Cavs decreases next year?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc Chalmers was essentially a role player, when you get a PG that is an All-Star possibly more things change. I agree with all your points but Lebron picked Kyrie for a reason he wants him to dominate the ball more. He just needs to be smarter with it and not just look for his shot, he needs to have his head on a swivel at all times like Lebron.

Until James commits to being a post player for the majority of the time, nothing will change.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see Cleveland winning the title again this year. In fact I can see Toronto, Boston or even Miami surprise a lot of people and make it to the final from the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see Cleveland winning the title again this year. In fact I can see Toronto, Boston or even Miami surprise a lot of people and make it to the final from the East.
A. Toronto will give the Cavs a series. I would be more afraid of them if they would have upgraded at PF- which is a very weak position for them. Kyle Lowry, DeRozan, Valuncinas is a pretty nice place to start a team i do have to admit. They just simply have no answer for Bron...or really Love too....and Tristan will do a number on the boards against them.

B. Boston's best player is, Isiah Thomas? You DO NOT win in the NBA playoffs when you have a bunch of solid players but no stars. Boston is scrappy- but until they cash in their assets to bring in an Alpha dog, they are not winning shit. A 7 game series is near impossible to win with a roster like Bostons.

C. Miami? IF Bosh is out- this conversation begins and ends right here. If Bosh is healthy- they have the punchers chance they have had since the beginning of the year- but not much more than that. As i said when Bosh went down- the only way Miami makes it interesting is if they jump on the Cavs and LeBron starts getting tight and the rest of the team starts getting tight. Regardless- 6 games MAAAX- is what i would think.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I'd like to see the Celtics pull of a playoff miracle I don't see any team in the E beating a healthy Cavs team in a 7 game series.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Toronto will give the Cavs a series. I would be more afraid of them if they would have upgraded at PF- which is a very weak position for them. Kyle Lowry, DeRozan, Valuncinas is a pretty nice place to start a team i do have to admit.

B. Boston's best player is, Isiah Thomas? You DO NOT win in the NBA playoffs when you have a bunch of solid players but no stars. Boston is scrappy- but until they cash in their assets to bring in an Alpha dog, they are not winning shit. A 7 game series is near impossible to win with a roster like Bostons.

C. Miami? IF Bosh is out- this conversation begins and ends right here. If Bosh is healthy- they have the punchers chance they have had since the beginning of the year- but not much more than that. As i said when Bosh went down- the only way Miami makes it interesting is if they jump on the Cavs and LeBron starts getting tight and the rest of the team starts getting tight. Regardless- 6 games MAAAX- is what i would think.
in 3 games vs the pistons this year...the cavs have lost twice to the pistons... thats something to wrap your mind around.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not my argument. My argument is that he does not fit with LeBron, and he never will.
i know what you were saying about the 3 and D guys though and i agree with you----- In the supposed Love/Boston rumors- I always said- that I dont want them to trade Love unless they get blown away- but if they did- getting guys like Bradley (or Smart) and Crowder would be a must- i put it in one of my very first posts when I drafted MKG in the 30 team draft- its extremely important to have as many guys as possible that can play solid perimeter defense and hit 3s in todays game---- however- you also need the alpha dogs- and Kyrie is one of them- and I think its a big advantage that he can switch back and forth from PG to SG at times when LeBron wants to take over the offense.....if we had a guy like a Conley I think he would do a better job of getting LEBron in the sets and in the post- but you just take that playmaking ability away from LeBron which is the very best thing about him and what makes him great. Its why he has never played with a PG like that in his career and likely neve will.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's bigger problem(if they meet GS), is that they will get their doors blown off if they try to beat GS, by playing GS's game

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know what you were saying about the 3 and D guys though and i agree with you----- In the supposed Love/Boston rumors- I always said- that I dont want them to trade Love unless they get blown away- but if they did- getting guys like Bradley (or Smart) and Crowder would be a must- i put it in one of my very first posts when I drafted MKG in the 30 team draft- its extremely important to have as many guys as possible that can play solid perimeter defense and hit 3s in todays game---- however- you also need the alpha dogs- and Kyrie is one of them- and I think its a big advantage that he can switch back and forth from PG to SG at times when LeBron wants to take over the offense.....if we had a guy like a Conley I think he would do a better job of getting LEBron in the sets and in the post- but you just take that playmaking ability away from LeBron which is the very best thing about him and what makes him great. Its why he has never played with a PG like that in his career and likely neve will.

But see, that is my whole point. Kyrie takes away LeBron's playmaking ability. Conley is just as good off the ball as Irving is.

Irving's true FG% on catch and shoot is like 49%, Conley is 52%. Neither is great, both are solid. LeBron would have the ball much more with Conley, because he does not hold it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows the Warriors are having an all-time great season.

Slightly under the Radar... the Spurs are actually on track to have their best regular season ever in team history... which is saying something.

Which leaves the Cavs' (& Thunder's) 40-15 start to the season understandably underwhelming. In reality, an average of less than 2 teams per year have had that good of a 55-game start in the 70 year history of the NBA.

The Cavs are probably better than their perception. Their problem is the timing of competing against a couple of powerhouse teams. But hey... that'll only make the ultimate prize that much sweeter. :D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd like to see the Celtics pull of a playoff miracle I don't see any team in the E beating a healthy Cavs team in a 7 game series.

The Pistons, with their acquistions have a better chance than anyone, if Miami isn't at full strength.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that it's not likely the Cavs win the title this year. GSW looks like they are on a mission to prove last year wasn't a fluke, the Spurs have quietly put together the 2nd best record in the NBA and an OKC/Cavs series is probably about even and would likely be decided by who has HCA.

I think it would take injuries or a meltdown by the Cavs for anyone else to come out of the East though.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons, with their acquistions have a better chance than anyone, if Miami isn't at full strength.

Their only addition is Tobias Harris -- which was a very nice move. The other two guys would have fit really well also -- but they were sent back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their only addition is Tobias Harris -- which was a very nice move. The other two guys would have fit really well also -- but they were sent back.

I thought they got Morris too, but they got him in the offseason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it's not likely the Cavs win the title this year. GSW looks like they are on a mission to prove last year wasn't a fluke, the Spurs have quietly put together the 2nd best record in the NBA and an OKC/Cavs series is probably about even and would likely be decided by who has HCA.

I think it would take injuries or a meltdown by the Cavs for anyone else to come out of the East though.

I think the Cavs could handle OKC, honestly without a problem. Why? Bc of defense. OKC doesn't play much defense. Westbrook, Kanter, and Waiters all are pretty bad defensive. Cleveland as a team is a better defensive team and just as good if not better on offense. The Warriors and the Spurs are the 2 best teams by far and the Warriors stand alone, at this point.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiance, I agree man lol I always thought the same thing about kyrie. I remember someone in the warriors org said once kyrie went down that he thought " this series is going to be a lot tougher now with Irving down" looks like they were right.