• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs lost that game last night because they stunk it up on the defensive end and LeBron played pretty crappy--- 6 turnovers and 5/18 shooting. ...

Someone (probably Lue) said they were thinking of resting Lebron because of back-to-back -- but they decided against it. If they had to do it over -- they would have sat him.

He made one terrible play walking the ball up the court and got called for an 8-second violation.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that matters is Michael Beasley > LeBron! Right turnupthehatred?:nod:

Better player, LeBron by a million miles.
Who I personally prefer to be on roster. Beasley by a million miles.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Kyrie is the weak link...I thought everyone was saying Kevin Love was the weak link. Well we saw what they did without both of them, they won 2 games in the Finals. So basically have Delly and Thompson start for the defensive effort and Love and Kyrie come off the bench, is that the formula?? lol

First off Cleveland is not worse with Kyrie, I said they were only marginally better.

Everyone is saying Love is the weak link, but they are wrong. Love fits with LeBron. This is not about who the better player is, it is 100% about fit.

I believe that Kyrie is one of the very best offensive players in the league, and that he would help most teams because of his phenomenal scoring ability. Here is the problem though. The Cavs are not most teams. They have LeBron, who happens to be one of the best creators to ever play the game. LeBron is great at creating catch and shoot opportunities for teammates, and not so great playing off the ball.

Kyrie is an isolation scorer, and a pick and roll scorer. He is among he best in the game, but he is not a very good catch and shoot guy. LeBron is not great playing off he ball. Essentially, when Kyrie is doing his thing, LeBron is watching.

Kyrie, as great as he is, hinders ball movement, does not defend well, and every possession Kyrie does his thing is another possession where LeBron and Love are less involved. Cleveland's offense is good with Kyrie and simply good, not great without him.

Now, simply spewing Irving's stay lines and saying that the Cavs are better with him because they are is not enough. Irving is a productive player, but because he does not fit LeBron, the Cavs would be better served by trading him while his value is sky high.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in game 1 of the Finals that the Cavs lost in OT when Kyrie got hurt- he played Curry to a practical stand still and had one of his best overall games that I can remember

Kyrie: 10/22, 23 pts, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks, 1 turnover

Curry: 10/20, 26 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals, 0 blocks, 4 turnovers

Yah losing that stat line would for the rest of the Finals HELPS the Cavs? you have GOT to be freaking kidding me.

LeBron and Kobe seem to think that Kyrie is not only an all star level type player but a future MVP candidate level player- I can live with that.

Cavs lost that game last night because they stunk it up on the defensive end and LeBron played pretty crappy--- 6 turnovers and 5/18 shooting. Thompson also played like shit, and Jr had a kind of off game as well for how well he has been playing lately. Just a bad game. The Cavs are 40-15 right now despite a lot of crap that has happened from the beginning of the season till now- and have beat the Spurs and OKC within the last 10 games they have played.....ill take it at this point.

The Cavs did lose game 1 with Kyrie.

Also, Kyrie might be a future MVP candidate, but James Harden was too. MVP candidacy is based more on offensive stats than anything else, and Kyrie's offensive stats are not in question.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Cleveland is not worse with Kyrie, I said they were only marginally better.

Everyone is saying Love is the weak link, but they are wrong. Love fits with LeBron. This is not about who the better player is, it is 100% about fit.

I believe that Kyrie is one of the very best offensive players in the league, and that he would help most teams because of his phenomenal scoring ability. Here is the problem though. The Cavs are not most teams. They have LeBron, who happens to be one of the best creators to ever play the game. LeBron is great at creating catch and shoot opportunities for teammates, and not so great playing off the ball.

Kyrie is an isolation scorer, and a pick and roll scorer. He is among he best in the game, but he is not a very good catch and shoot guy. LeBron is not great playing off he ball. Essentially, when Kyrie is doing his thing, LeBron is watching.

Kyrie, as great as he is, hinders ball movement, does not defend well, and every possession Kyrie does his thing is another possession where LeBron and Love are less involved. Cleveland's offense is good with Kyrie and simply good, not great without him.

Now, simply spewing Irving's stay lines and saying that the Cavs are better with him because they are is not enough. Irving is a productive player, but because he does not fit LeBron, the Cavs would be better served by trading him while his value is sky high.

Yeah, I know what you meant that's why I said weak link, like weak link in the chain, who doesn't fit. When Kyrie plays his best he is distributing and his shot is on point, plus he attacks the basket when he needs to. Like Gordon said we haven't seen Kyrie at anything close to his best this season, it takes time and he has to get his groove back.

Not many people know this but before this year and since Lebron has been on the Cavs, 1 season, Kyrie is one of the best catch and shoot guys especially for a point guard at 46.6%. That has to be credited to Lebron getting him open, but he hasn't been shooting that well this season and hasn't been a groove.

But I agree that Kyrie needs to learn how to play off the ball more like Wade was in Miami, but Kyrie is the best creator on offense but he isn't the best creator for players around him, that's where Lebron comes in. I honestly think Cleveland is at their best with Lebron in isolation, obviously, but Lebron needs to move more without the ball like he also did in Miami. Something needs to change and stay consistent for them to win it all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is really hard to get two guys like Kyrie and LeBron to maximize eachother's talents because they both are at their best with the ball.

I don't think Wade and LeBron fit together all that well either. THe difference was that the Heat had an extreme talent advantage over the rest of the field and Wade was a hellish defender, so they were still able to win 2 titles.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you are saying. I think how it fits is that Lebron doesn't have to do the heavy lifting on every possession. Particularly as he gets older -- Kyrie can handle more of the load.

I think they can complement each other pretty well. Kyrie is a terrific 3-point shooter ... and Lebron could post up a little more and he seems to get 2-3 baskets / game moving without the ball.

The main challenge is to share load in the seamless way -- depending on what they other team is doing (matchups) and pace of the game.

Against the Warriors, Delly guarding Curry is a nice matchup. (at least as good as it gets vs. Curry)

One thing Curry said that helped him last year on Defense was when Kerr came in Kerr told Curry that he would have to guard the PG in almost all situations. Previously, Jackson tried to hide Curry on defense. Curry said he really liked the challenge and responsibility and worked on it. (good lesson for Kyrie)

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy.
When Wiggy wakes up, we're going to be pelted with a 15,000 word rebuttal.
As I asked Wiggy on Sunday, and he said no, I'm seeing your point as valid that the Cavs might be a better team if Love was option 2.

It still seems though, that if James has a bad game, or doesn't play, the Cavs lose.

It's not a wrong assumption. He'd definitely play better with a Rondo or Rubio type PG.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling...

Wiggyruss knows I have been saying this for years....Dame

@Mecca
Bookmark this post.
Pierce won't play next season.
He'll be placed on IR though so he can get paid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs, like most NBA teams that visit Oklahoma City for road games, stayed at the historic Skirvin Hilton Hotel. Not only is it known as the oldest hotel in OKC, but it also has a reputation for being haunted by a ghost named "Effie," a former housekeeper at the establishment.

I just don't get why he didn't asked to be moved to a different room if he couldn't sleep because of bed bugs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying. I think how it fits is that Lebron doesn't have to do the heavy lifting on every possession. Particularly as he gets older -- Kyrie can handle more of the load.

I think they can complement each other pretty well. Kyrie is a terrific 3-point shooter ... and Lebron could post up a little more and he seems to get 2-3 baskets / game moving without the ball.

The main challenge is to share load in the seamless way -- depending on what they other team is doing (matchups) and pace of the game.

Against the Warriors, Delly guarding Curry is a nice matchup. (at least as good as it gets vs. Curry)

One thing Curry said that helped him last year on Defense was when Kerr came in Kerr told Curry that he would have to guard the PG in almost all situations. Previously, Jackson tried to hide Curry on defense. Curry said he really liked the challenge and responsibility and worked on it. (good lesson for Kyrie)
its arealy good combo with Kyrie and Delly you would hope--- the idea is that Kyrie makes him work on the defensive end and tires him out and then delly comes in and can play some solid D---

unfortunately for the Cavs Kyrie got hurt, Love was hurt, Varejao was hurt, and Delly freaking had to be hospitalized because he was so freaking exhausted.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is really hard to get two guys like Kyrie and LeBron to maximize eachother's talents because they both are at their best with the ball.

I don't think Wade and LeBron fit together all that well either. THe difference was that the Heat had an extreme talent advantage over the rest of the field and Wade was a hellish defender, so they were still able to win 2 titles.

Yeah Wade and Bron wasn't a great fit. It took them about a year to learn how to play with each other

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a wrong assumption. He'd definitely play better with a Rondo or Rubio type PG.

Not those two because they can't shoot. Somebody like Conley would be perfect. He shoots and defends well and does not need the ball in his hands all the time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its arealy good combo with Kyrie and Delly you would hope--- the idea is that Kyrie makes him work on the defensive end and tires him out and then delly comes in and can play some solid D---

unfortunately for the Cavs Kyrie got hurt, Love was hurt, Varejao was hurt, and Delly freaking had to be hospitalized because he was so freaking exhausted.

You think Andy went there to win a ring, or as a paid spy by James, so he can win a ring?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not those two because they can't shoot. Somebody like Conley would be perfect. He shoots and defends well and does not need the ball in his hands all the time.
mike conley doesnt need the ball in his hands? he is a pure PG - of course he needs th eball in his hands

Kyrie Irving is an awesome floor spreader and much better without the ball than Mike Conley is. I dont think you understand the argument you are making.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mike conley doesnt need the ball in his hands? he is a pure PG - of course he needs th eball in his hands

Kyrie Irving is an awesome floor spreader and much better without the ball than Mike Conley is. I dont think you understand the argument you are making.

Mike Conley moves the ball. Kyrie holds it. I don't think you understand.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely rather have Lillard over Kyrie, and the Kings could have drafted him.......but they took Thomas Robinson instead :doh: