• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland Browns Ongoing Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey's first draft he took 2 NFL caliber players. One a stud the other OK...and a bust at #1.

It's cool he signed Schwartz from us and he's only probably the best right tackle in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on DT they weren't injured on draft day

They have been franchise QBs when healthy

And no my point is they could have not once but twice had their guy and the follow up pick was a bust and a guy they played out of position. Bad teams cannot afford that.
what part of injured in college did you not get, stakes? They had a history of severe injuries in college. and here's a flash....they were right that it should be a concern.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey's first draft he took 2 NFL caliber players. One a stud the other OK...and a bust at #1.

Fisher has been starting for the Chiefs since day 1...you can keep labeling him as a bust but you just don't the definition of a bust then.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see if I have this straight....now you are saying Sashi Brown needed to go to a guy who had been a DC for, what, 20 years, and tell him what to do? Never mind when Peppers was played correctly last season he played well.

Hilarious you blame the guy who picked him and not the guy who played him out of position. That cannot be topped.

If someone bought a perfect steak and another guy burnt it, you'd blame the guy who bought the steak?

I blame everyone involved. But Jackson was doing wrong by Chubb and Dorsey fixed that situation by trading Hyde.

Yes I'd suspect there should be a clear vision as to what to do with a guy when you acquire him. A fourteen year old playing Madden wouldn't put Peppers at FS

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey has drafted many stars that are in this league. Sashi got scared and traded picks. Those are the facts, I mean there is no way of dancing around the facts and trying to give credit a now a job-less guy. It just has no motive trying to give Sashi credit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame everyone involved. But Jackson was doing wrong by Chubb and Dorsey fixed that situation by trading Hyde.

Yes I'd suspect there should be a clear vision as to what to do with a guy when you acquire him. A fourteen year old playing Madden wouldn't put Peppers at FS

The reason why he was awful in coverage. He was a "hybrid" player but really more of a LB. Should fit the Giants better bc he will be basically be a less talented version of Landon Collins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool he signed Schwartz from us and he's only probably the best right tackle in the league.
One of the best...also traded one of the top guards who Sashi signed.

What's funny, though, is, I'm rational and objective and am able to see both sides here. Not sure why they let him get away, though I'm also not sure we know the entire story. Sashi did make an offer for the same amount he took.

what I do like that Sashi and Paul D did (which was mentioned in the article) was sign guys well before they reached FA. Like Bitonio and Kirksey. Had Farmer done this, it's likely schwartz (and maybe even mack) don't even reach FA. Now we'll see if Dorsey does the same with guys like Shoebert, Ogunjobi or maybe Njoku when the time comes....This assumes Garrett is a no-brainer

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what part of injured in college did you not get, stakes? They had a history of severe injuries in college. and here's a flash....they were right that it should be a concern.

Deshaun missed zero games in college his sophomore and junior year and was crushing it when he got hurt in the NFL. He played all 16 games last year and had a 26-9 an over 100 rating and over 4000 yards

Wentz could possibly be injury prone but is a top five young QB and you would probably still get folks that would prefer him to Baker

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey has drafted many stars that are in this league. Sashi got scared and traded picks. Those are the facts, I mean there is no way of dancing around the facts and trying to give credit a now a job-less guy. It just has no motive trying to give Sashi credit.
You crack up just making shit up as you go along. He had 2 top picks in round 1 and made one of them. Traded down with another later 1st ACQUIRED from the first trade down, and that pick became a HIGHER pick the next season.

Read my cause/effect explanation until you get it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why he was awful in coverage. He was a "hybrid" player but really more of a LB. Should fit the Giants better bc he will be basically be a less talented version of Landon Collins.
He was played out of position....somewhat out of necessity, but still should not have done it IMO. There was no Randle yet to play FS and our CBs were God awful (which was why he played him so far back).

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best...also traded one of the top guards who Sashi signed.

What's funny, though, is, I'm rational and objective and am able to see both sides here. Not sure why they let him get away, though I'm also not sure we know the entire story. Sashi did make an offer for the same amount he took.

what I do like that Sashi and Paul D did (which was mentioned in the article) was sign guys well before they reached FA. Like Bitonio and Kirksey. Had Farmer done this, it's likely schwartz (and maybe even mack) don't even reach FA. Now we'll see if Dorsey does the same with guys like Shoebert, Ogunjobi or maybe Njoku when the time comes....This assumes Garrett is a no-brainer

Farmer was worse than Sashi I will grant you that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshaun missed zero games in college his sophomore and junior year and was crushing it when he got hurt in the NFL. He played all 16 games last year and had a 26-9 an over 100 rating and over 4000 yards

Wentz could possibly be injury prone but is a top five young QB and you would probably still get folks that would prefer him to Baker
Watson had torn an ACL before. I do like the guy, but most believed there were a ton of great QBs in 2018 so the plan was position themselves to get the one they wanted.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what so many don't take into account was it was the guy's first time in this position (with Paul D, as well). 2nd year was better than the first. Imagine that. And his first 2 years are absolutely comparable to Dorsey's first 2 as a GM.

And how about this.....his first 2 drafts were better than the drafts of Belichick, Ozzie, Pioli, Savage, etc when they were here. Again I AM 100% certain you all wanted those guys fired. I'll check it out, but think those guys have had a little success as time went on.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. He was allowed to use his athleticism to make plays often close to the LOS. I don't understand how a football guy could think he'd be good as a FS in the NFL

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what so many don't take into account was it was the guy's first time in this position (with Paul D, as well). 2nd year was better than the first. Imagine that. And his first 2 years are absolutely comparable to Dorsey's first 2 as a GM.

And how about this.....his first 2 drafts were better than the drafts of Belichick, Ozzie, Pioli, Savage, etc when they were here. Again I AM 100% certain you all wanted those guys fired. I'll check it out, but think those guys have had a little success as time went on.

I did not want Savage fired at all. It's hard to look back on Belicheck and Pioli. The Browns weren't far enough from three afc title appearances

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Burnett pickup but have to admit Garrett Gilbert is a concern. I would hope they have a better plan than what they do now should Baker go down for a few games.

Gotta trust the guy, of course, but cannot say I'd be confident with either of the other QBs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. He was allowed to use his athleticism to make plays often close to the LOS. I don't understand how a football guy could think he'd be good as a FS in the NFL
Guessing that's why that football guy isn't employed here anymore...at least one of the reasons. I've never been a big Greggggggggggggggggg fan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason why that guy isn't in the NFL anymore lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Burnett pickup but have to admit Garrett Gilbert is a concern. I would hope they have a better plan than what they do now should Baker go down for a few games.

Gotta trust the guy, of course, but cannot say I'd be confident with either of the other QBs.

They have Drew Stanton. It is a good idea to have 3 QB's on the roster though