• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can’t Lose... the ‘Optimistic/Non Poop’ Skins Thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo much goodness, I got to repost this in this thread.... oh yeah, HTTR!!!!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COTT DAMN... SO MUCH GOOD STUFF... getting impossible NOT to be optimistic about this TEAM. This thread may soon need to go into retirement, I hope it does, LOL

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 players that I have been very pleased with. MClaurin is a legit NFL receiver. Not only does he run great routes, but he has great hands ( dont think he has had a drop all year), but he has great YAC. Also, he is a very good down field blocker.
Fuller has also had a very good year and appears to have a nose for the ball.
Gibson has been a very pleasant surprise. he is a playmaker that needs more touches.

my biggest disappointment this year has been our defensive front 4 against the run. Specifically, I am surprised how little I hear Jonathan Allen’s name during the game. I would expect to see him make more big plays behind the LOS, but I just haven’t. Maybe I‘m missing it, but he just hasn’t lived up to his draft position or expectation.

Totally agree. I believe we can start making the run next year tho, with luck and a good draft and STILL not cut corners... as opposed to 3 years out.
A few posts from the beginning of this thread... how ya feelin now skins fans? More optimistic?

Ready to buy in Caliskins style yet?! Lol!

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few posts from the beginning of this thread... how ya feelin now skins fans? More optimistic? Ready to buy in?
Oh, I am a convert. Of course, their play across that line is miles better than it was when I originally posted this. As I stated in another thread, the line took a hit for a few weeks after Ionnidis when down. But Allen has really picked up the slack and has become that unsung hero on that line in the last four weeks or so.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I am a convert. Of course, their play across that line is miles better than it was when I originally posted this. As I stated in another thread, the line took a hit for a few weeks after Ionnidis when down. But Allen has really picked up the slack and has become that unsung hero on that line in the last four weeks or so.
This post makes me so happy :)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the following:

WR: McLauren is a legit one.
Sims is a legit slot.
Wright is a possibility.

RB: Love needs his chance when healthy.
Gibson is a legit weapon.

OL: Roullier is a decent center.
Moses is a decent RT.
Scherff is a very good G.

DT: Allen and Payne are both good.
Ion is very good.

DE: Chase and Sweat are both very good with big upside.

CB: Fuller is AP.
Good call on some of these...Thoughts now Gke?

The black shirts and pants on are coaches make them look cool and badasss makes them look like bouncers i am glad we got coaches that can probly win rumbles
Still love this post!!!! ^^^
skinz2winz said:

I'm hoping for Kueckly upside in Holcomb. He has the athletisicm, now he needs to get the mental part of his game up to speed.

Not a bad hope at all Skinz! While not Keukly level, he has definitely helped shore up...

I like the way the WTF is trending ... I am thinking (hoping for 8-8)
What’s crazy is I had them at 6-7 wins and I was the crazy optimistic one! Ha! Love it!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad hope at all Skinz! While not Keukly level, he has definitely helped shore up...

What’s crazy is I had them at 6-7 wins and I was the crazy optimistic one! Ha! Love it!

Great thread you started here Cali which has received lots of hits and most of all positively refreshing at a time when we all can use some refreshing.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about NEW ERA DEFENSE!? C'mon, this defense needs a name as dominating as their performance has been. Any suggestions?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will now add Camren Curl as a legit safety and Cam Simms as a possible answer at 2.

From there I would be remiss not to add Cornelius Lucas to the stud LT list and Roullier upgraded to legitimately good.

I stand by my others.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nod:
Sooooo much goodness, I got to repost this in this thread.... oh yeah, HTTR!!!!