• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can’t Lose... the ‘Optimistic/Non Poop’ Skins Thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poop and Negative Nancy posts will be ignored.

Realistic/ Real FB points and Optimistic posts encouraged.

I’d like this thread to be one where we fans can discuss and share what we are hopeful and happy about this year. You know...what we actually LIKE...what a concept!

And yes, I have quite a few thoughts which I will post here.

Hail to the Redskins my brothers and sisters!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 players that I have been very pleased with. MClaurin is a legit NFL receiver. Not only does he run great routes, but he has great hands ( dont think he has had a drop all year), but he has great YAC. Also, he is a very good down field blocker.
Fuller has also had a very good year and appears to have a nose for the ball.
Gibson has been a very pleasant surprise. he is a playmaker that needs more touches.

my biggest disappointment this year has been our defensive front 4 against the run. Specifically, I am surprised how little I hear Jonathan Allen’s name during the game. I would expect to see him make more big plays behind the LOS, but I just haven’t. Maybe I‘m missing it, but he just hasn’t lived up to his draft position or expectation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t go with the obvious guys but wright has come a long way . We have forgotten fuller but he is on a pro bowl team , chase makes plays as does sweat . JD has done some good things , Moses and roulier have played well

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAYNE has been a beast! LOVE HIM. Wish Ionman was out there with him.

Allen has been having a good year from all I’ve read and heard from peeps who know their Xs and Os. I think we should have expected more from him, given where he was drafted but by no means is a bust in any way imo. I’m hoping that he continues to improve and be a more consistent bully. Dudes mentality and comments certainly continue to impress me.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he is a very good down field blocker.
Agree! Amazing how Terry just balls the F out every play. Couldn’t be happier with that pick. Such heart. Exactly the type of player every team hopes for!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been impressed with McKissick too. Been a sure handed safety valve for our QBs and impressively dogged after being tackled on run plays. I noticed he had more snaps than Gibson against the Gnats and I liked what I saw. Think we’ve got some talent with both those guys.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Redskins face mask. It gets a lot of positive comments. It's my dress mask, for going out to dinner.
I just LOVE that. I didn’t realize you were a Skins fan? Did that happen in the 80s or did you originally live in this area way back when?

Oh, and hi DD, nice to see ya!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Mac
Fuller
Tress Way
Gibson
Logan Thomas is growing on me.
Why isn't Cam Sims playing more?
The run defense has been better, at least imo, than the stats say. QBs are the ones who are really killin WFT in the run game.
Liked the gambling RR did yesterday.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to my man Kerrigan. Tied for the team lead in sacks on 25% of the snaps.

Moreland does not get a lot of snaps but I like what I have seen from him.

I think Ironman is the best DT but Payne has been pretty good also.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 players that I have been very pleased with. MClaurin is a legit NFL receiver. Not only does he run great routes, but he has great hands ( dont think he has had a drop all year), but he has great YAC. Also, he is a very good down field blocker.
Fuller has also had a very good year and appears to have a nose for the ball.
Gibson has been a very pleasant surprise. he is a playmaker that needs more touches.

my biggest disappointment this year has been our defensive front 4 against the run. Specifically, I am surprised how little I hear Jonathan Allen’s name during the game. I would expect to see him make more big plays behind the LOS, but I just haven’t. Maybe I‘m missing it, but he just hasn’t lived up to his draft position or expectation.

Allen actually has 29 tackles on the season, same amount as Aaron Donald. He only has two tackles for a loss, but I think he has seen quite a few double teams with Ion and Chase missing time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen actually has 29 tackles on the season, same amount as Aaron Donald. He only has two tackles for a loss, but I think he has seen quite a few double teams with Ion and Chase missing time.
That’s great to hear! And it makes sense. That position is unheralded and hard to understand for me unless pointed out by those who understand responsibility and scheme.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these surprised me...

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this thread idea, Cali!

I’ll say it: I like Logan Thomas as a TE. That catch he made in the end zone is a catch none of the other TE’s on the team could make. I think he’s pretty legit.

i like Isaiah Wright, and think he projects to be a good slot wr.

I think that one high drafted olineman, and one quality olineman free agent signing could make a huge difference next year.

And of course Terry Mac and Gibson look pretty damn good.

with better blocking and a better oline, I think Gibson could be really really good.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this thread idea, Cali!
Why thank ya sirrah! Thought we could all use a thread that focused on what makes us hopeful for a change. Lord knows, we all know how being a fan of this team can drive us all insane!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help thinking that week 1 was no mirage. This team has young talent but needs good consistant play at the QB position. We can and we do compete. I believe that's RR getting through to his team. I do not like all the flip flopping however, the team has upside for sure and "if" everyone can be patient, this team will improve and compete year in and year out in the near future. Stay the course!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I preach patience all the time and get mocked for it. Good luck with that message

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help thinking that week 1 was no mirage. This team has young talent but needs good consistant play at the QB position. We can and we do compete. I believe that's RR getting through to his team. I do not like all the flip flopping however, the team has upside for sure and "if" everyone can be patient, this team will improve and compete year in and year out in the near future. Stay the course!
Totally agree. I believe we can start making the run next year tho, with luck and a good draft and STILL not cut corners... as opposed to 3 years out.