• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ Anderson signs offer sheet with Miami

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen players from a SB team so anxious to get outta town as this....What's the deal !!!!!

Dolphins sign C.J. Anderson to offer sheet
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2016, 4:51 PM EST
c-j-anderson.jpg Getty Images
The Super Bowl champion Broncos will lose yet another key player if they don’t match the Dolphins’ offer sheet to running back C.J. Anderson.

Anderson has signed a four-year contract offer sheet with Miami, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. Anderson played for Dolphins coach Adam Gase while Gase was the Broncos’ offensive coordinator, so he knows the offense in Miami.

There’s no immediate financial detail on the offer, but the Broncos will get five days to match the Dolphins’ offer. Anderson is a restricted free agent whom the Broncos chose to tender at the lowest level, which means Denver will not get any compensation if it chooses not to match the offer.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in the fa thread but now this one has its own: Have no idea what the Broncos were thinking by placing the lowest tender amount on Anderson. They could have had him back at 1 year for $2.5M. And if another team would have made him an offer, they would have got a 2nd round pick back. Instead they put a $1.6m tag on him and now they need to match or let him walk and create yet another hole for them to try and fill this offseason.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'd call it anxious to get out. Most of them said they'd like to have stayed, and would have done cheap deals last year to stay(Although this is hard to believe with the contracts they signed, versus what the Broncos offered). More like they got big offers from other teams that were hard to turn down.

You got to realize in most of these players' cases they are low round picks or even undrafted in the case of CJ Anderson. So you bet your ass they're gonna hop at the chance to make huge money

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised they didn't put a 2nd round tender on him either. My guess is they basically had no interest in keeping him, thinking the Kubiak/Shanahan offensive system turns out backs no matter what and were looking for a better fit, or guy who's a better weapon in the pass game as well. I know he wasn't even their leading rusher, but had a really strong finish to the season and good playoff run. Didn't think the 2nd round tender was a bad option at all.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically in Kubiak's offense almost anyone can succeed(I say almost anyone because you still have to have some talent) so you don't need to pay for a RB when you're next 1,000+ yard rusher is probably waiting in line.

He made people like Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Reuben Drones, Justin Forsett, & Arian Foster(remember he was undrafted so no one expected anything from this guy) into big time players at least for a little bit so the Broncos don't need to pay a RB $4+million when they can do just the same if not better in some cases with a guy for $1million.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, they couldn't have done that last year! lol

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how and if that continues as the NFL further increases the rules on chop blocking. I am fine with them not paying that kind of cash for him, but 2.6 mil seems fair.

Interesting thought. Did they feel that he was easily replaceable, and while they would have been ok putting a 2nd round tender on him for that price, not put that tender on him to help him get a nice big contract elsewhere?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen players from a SB team so anxious to get outta town as this....What's the deal !!!!!

More like Denver had a bunch of players playing for cheap and now that they've won these people want to get paid the big bucks. Denver just had the luck of having most of these free agents hit the same year they won the SB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler is the only one that I know wanted to get out of town and that was more because he was benched. Throw in then he got offered a ridiculous contract. The rest have all said they loved Denver and wished they could have stayed.

As for Anderson there is a lot to love and a lot to hate. The past 2 years straight what we have seen is him show up to camp very out of shape and take half the season to get to the point of being game ready. It is why he stinks the 1st half of the season and then seems to turn it on as the season progresses. Heck one of the coaches actually called him "Chubby" for how he showed up to camp. The coaches were so mad that they moved him from potential starter to 4th string.

Now again there is a lot to like though when he is healthy and in shape. He makes guys miss. He is highly intelligent. He is faster than you think. And he is actually great in the passing game both blocking and receiving. I think the Broncos though are looking for a bit more consistency and a player that maybe fits their scheme just a bit better. It is why as soon as Miami made their offer the first call the Broncos made was to Alfred Morris' agent. He thrived under Shanahan who runs a very similar scheme and should come cheaper than what Miami is signing Anderson to.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you forget about the mass exodus of players from Baltimore after the 2012 season? They lost 8 starters. If we lose CJ, that's still just 5 starters from the Super Bowl

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget about the mass exodus of players from Baltimore after the 2012 season? They lost 8 starters. If we lose CJ, that's still just 5 starters from the Super Bowl

2 retired and Ed Reed should have too, we opted to let him walk...But Oz leaving a seemingly perfect opportunity for his career for a roll of the dice is what amazes me...MJ got way over paid but the rest are by choice...
And now Elway gets the Butt Fumbler in there to run that O....This can't be good !!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Denver had a bunch of players playing for cheap and now that they've won these people want to get paid the big bucks. Denver just had the luck of having most of these free agents hit the same year they won the SB.

Understood but they wouldn't pay Oz and still let those guys leave....Makes no sense !!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 retired and Ed Reed should have too, we opted to let him walk...But Oz leaving a seemingly perfect opportunity for his career for a roll of the dice is what amazes me...MJ got way over paid but the rest are by choice...
And now Elway gets the Butt Fumbler in there to run that O....This can't be good !!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:
And we also had a guy retire, and Houston offered more money than Elway was willing to go.

I think the biggest screw up the Broncos had was undervaluing CJ Anderson. They could have essentially kept him for another year at just a million more than what they tendered, now it's going to cost over $4 million per year to keep him.

Either that or they think he's easily replaceable.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SB starters currently not under contract with Denver or already signed elsewhere...

Manning.
CJ
Owen Daniels
Ryan Harris
Evan Mathis
Louis Vasquez
Malik Jackson
Danny Trevathan

I can't find anything of if Denver put a tender on Matt Paradis.
Brandon Marshall only has a 2nd round tender and negotiating window is open.
Vernon Davis officially was listed as a starter in the SB...

So looks like it could be as high as half the starting roster (as long as Ware agrees to a restructure or pay cut)... we will see, but 8 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we also had a guy retire, and Houston offered more money than Elway was willing to go.

I think the biggest screw up the Broncos had was undervaluing CJ Anderson. They could have essentially kept him for another year at just a million more than what they tendered, now it's going to cost over $4 million per year to keep him.

Either that or they think he's easily replaceable.

I can tell you from having gone thru it twice, it's dog on near impossible to recover from losing that many good players and system guys in 1 off season...
It don't look good, but the good news is, no matter what this season turns out to be for them, they are the Champs the whole season....Enjoy it all, they don't come around very often in today's NFL....
Unless you have a hidden video camera and an extra air gauge , of course....
:lol:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'd count Vernon as the 11th starter on offense it doesn't really matter. If you wanted to change that to Hillman, or a WR like Fowler, Norwood, or Caldwell instead, they are all free agents as well.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like it benefits Anderson going to a RBBC with Ajayi. Miller was wise to get out of there.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like it benefits Anderson going to a RBBC with Ajayi. Miller was wise to get out of there.

Will he split? Ajayi is a 5th round pick 2nd year player who had less than 300 yards of offense and 3.8 a carry with an injury history (Hamstring, Cracked ribs, torn ACL) as a rookie. He played 9 games after coming off IR last year but after a hot first two, in his last 7 averaged just 15 total yards a game and 2.5 a carry.

If that's a worry of splitting time, what team doesn't have that worry? And either way, he got his big payday. I doubt he see's another like that in his career.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller's production fell off in the second half last year because of Ajayi. He's no Foster though.