• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Capital from Miami

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it’s not there If you pay RK his $12M this year. If you cut/trade Ryan this year and don’t use his money on someone else this year, your available cap space for 2021 will increase by $12M.
show me as i have said you dont get to double dip . if you can show me that verbatim other then "you can roll over unused cap space " . then i will admit defeat . i have yet to see that in writing

then i will continue the debate on the grounds that anderson , brailford or odom are in no way shape or form better then RK and that paying sweat and young on lower costing rookie contracts means overpaying RK as a BU doesnt really matter if you arent going to acquire better players with the money you save by letting RK go

the FO hasnt given any indication it will let go RK and feel his value to the team is good by all reports that i have seen

now if we trade RK for a 3rd round or higher i am on board

if anyone can show me the FA out there right now that is a must have or combination of must have players that offer better value then RK for this season then again i am on board with it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you provide a reason why any team would agree to pay his near 12 mil salary AND give up a 2nd round pick - knowing he'll be a free agent next year? What would be their incentive to give up a 2nd round pick? Is that double doping? :)

Frankly, no!

I can't imagine why any team would do this and by no means suggested they would. What I actually proposed was making the attempt. Why, I suppose, is your next question and the best answer that I can give you is... for the same reason why anyone asks a question like this, and that is, you never know, if some team will accept it.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bruce royally screwed this team with a lot of inaction. This team would have gotten SF's 1st for Kirk and the Colts 2nd for Kerrigan. Chase Young would likely be not in the plans and a move down, if the pick was still at #2, the move to make.
Well, I suppose a 3rd rounder for him would be ok, but if I had a choice, I would still ask for that 2nd just to see if they would bite.
Can you provide a reason why any team would agree to pay his near 12 mil salary AND give up a 2nd round pick - knowing he'll be a free agent next year? What would be their incentive to give up a 2nd round pick? Is that double doping? :)
Frankly, no!

I can't imagine why any team would do this and by no means suggested they would. What I actually proposed was making the attempt. Why, I suppose, is your next question and the best answer that I can give you is... for the same reason why anyone asks a question like this, and that is, you never know, if some team will accept it.
That's why I should have asked Morgan Fairchild to marry me.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you must be old. She was hot though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it's a generational thing but in my chasing ass days some of the loneliest females around were the best looking ones. The guys who dared to approach them were so full of themselves, they had no idea how to play the game properly, the rest were too afraid to try to talk to a female that they considered out of their league.
Point is.. if you ever get the chance to approach this Fairchild lady, do it! Have no regrets in your life that you purposely passed up because there was a greater chance that she would have rejected you! Know for certain, then refine your game accordingly. There's always more than one "Fairchild" type around.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me as i have said you dont get to double dip . if you can show me that verbatim other then "you can roll over unused cap space " . then i will admit defeat . i have yet to see that in writing

then i will continue the debate on the grounds that anderson , brailford or odom are in no way shape or form better then RK and that paying sweat and young on lower costing rookie contracts means overpaying RK as a BU doesnt really matter if you arent going to acquire better players with the money you save by letting RK go

the FO hasnt given any indication it will let go RK and feel his value to the team is good by all reports that i have seen

now if we trade RK for a 3rd round or higher i am on board

if anyone can show me the FA out there right now that is a must have or combination of must have players that offer better value then RK for this season then again i am on board with it
First, I would only be offering to you want GK and a few others have offered you. And that is direct language from the CBA that makes it pretty clear.
Second, I have not said that I am a proponent of trading RK (I haven't said I'm not, either). I was just addressing the cap rollover clause in the Agreement.
Personally, I believe that RK's deal will be renegotiated before the season begins and he will retire as a Redskin.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I would only be offering to you want GK and a few others have offered you. And that is direct language from the CBA that makes it pretty clear.
Second, I have not said that I am a proponent of trading RK (I haven't said I'm not, either). I was just addressing the cap rollover clause in the Agreement.
Personally, I believe that RK's deal will be renegotiated before the season begins and he will retire as a Redskin.
Because it isn’t there . I don’t believe you can roll over RK’s salary then claim it again in2021. I see the roll over clause , I know you can. Rollover unused cap space

.also revenue could be affected by the virus so we will see how it shakes out

now when 2021 comes around and it is how you and others say , then heck I can admit to being dead wrong

wouldn’t be the first time I was

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it isn’t there . I don’t believe you can roll over RK’s salary then claim it again in2021. I see the roll over clause , I know you can. Rollover unused cap space

now when 2021 comes around and it is how you and others say , then heck I can admit to being dead wrong

Just for clarity's sake, why would anyone attempt to "claim it again" in 2021?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are not rolling over RK's salary you are rolling over all unused cap space in 2020 to 2021. If RK is not here in 2020, then they have an additional 12M added to the cap space in 2020. If they don't spend it on someone else, then that savings is rolled over.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not rolling over RK's salary you are rolling over all unused cap space in 2020 to 2021. If RK is not here in 2020, then they have an additional 12M added to the cap space in 2020. If they don't spend it on someone else, then that savings is rolled over.
See post 101 in this thread for his response.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well look i will cede you and GK could be right . how about that ?