• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on a conference call last week where they are laying out the plan for high school...
its seems that they are counting on young people 1) not catching it as much 2) not catching it as bad, and 3) not transmitting it as much.
it didn't inspire confidence.
they will be giving the kids 2 masks each. and asking the kids to walk single file in the hallways.

but they are making the kids go to school every day for one class. second class per day will be remote.

seems like a pretty good job at maximizing contact (including public transit) for the absolute least amount of education

is that for private high school?

/i know of a bby private catholic elementary school that has installed 3 sided plexiglass surrounds for each kids desk ... i guess the threat of legal liability trumps Gods ability to make miracles happen :noidea:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/i know of a bby private catholic elementary school that has installed 3 sided plexiglass surrounds for each kids desk ... i guess the threat of legal liability trumps Gods ability to make miracles happen :noidea:
In Soviet US, Trump trumps the threat of legal liability.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The event will cost an estimated $12.2 billion in health-care costs, they wrote.

That's the part that will bother some - not the death toll or sickness spread from the event. The dollars. Which I am sure will end up being paid by the poor.

Would it be worth pointing out that if healthcare was government run, then the costs could be controlled and the number of dollars lost would be way lower? And the poor would not feel the brunt of th-

Yeah, I know.

I *wish* the missus' private school had those.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Are you a politician? Pretty sure someone's going to say exactly this in a press conference in the near future lol.

And it's very true. I don't get it at all. If you're going to justify opening the schools at least believe your own BS.
you can cut contact in half by alternating kids each day instead of making everyone come every day for 2 hours.
They didn't want to deal with a lunch time, I guess

no, kid is in public school now.

they actually said on the call - and the good news is because the school buildings are mostly old, there is decent air flow through the windows. that helps with fresh air circulation.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, kid is in public school now.

they actually said on the call - and the good news is because the school buildings are mostly old, there is decent air flow through the windows. that helps with fresh air circulation.

my kids elementary school is similarly suited for a pandemic lol 50s/60s era 1 floor with a sprawling footprint. Bonus being each classroom has its own exterior door and sinks/running water. kids who need to use the bathroom, will go outside and back in through the gym doors and use the gym washroom

My son has already earmarked a certain kid who might try using the classroom sink for that purpose

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my kids elementary school is similarly suited for a pandemic lol 50s/60s era 1 floor with a sprawling footprint. Bonus being each classroom has its own exterior door and sinks/running water. kids who need to use the bathroom, will go outside and back in through the gym doors

My son has already earmarked a certain kid who might try using the classroom sink for that purpose

I'll call a plumber right now!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
x0yi52aff1m51.jpg

This was tweeted by duh Presidente on the last day I was in my office.

Today, we just got told that my department should be expecting to work from home into Spring of 2021.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another unqualified person working for ‘this president’

One of the comments from the story perfectly sums it up

I would not hire a plumber to fix my electrical wiring.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's about hockey. And Corona.

Bummed about this. Was looking forward to going up for games, especially the one where a kid I know and coached is coming to play against BG. Hopefully they do get underway.

But this also means no D2 and D3 teams for now and no chance for my kid to keep playing.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nancy Pelosi should burn in hell for that maskless haircut though

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how it was mandated that people seated behind Trump wear masks (probably more for the cameras than for his own safety), but nobody else were forced to wear masks.