• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much older officials are the ones who re-opened bars and restaurants and everything else and then said "But don't go there!".

Much older officials are also the ones who haven't mandated mask-wearing.

Look to the people with grey hair before blaming the ones who are just finishing puberty lol

I mean, we all knew with the nice weather and long weekends that it was only a matter of time before we had a surge of cases. You just hope that we don't undo all the good work that has been done to this point.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we all knew with the nice weather and long weekends that it was only a matter of time before we had a surge of cases. You just hope that we don't undo all the good work that has been done to this point.
I just feel like young people are being scapegoated because officials offer mixed messaging and expect people of an age group that is usually preoccupied with their social lives to begin with to be the most cautious in our society.

People forget that young people are almost entirely 1) unmarried and 2) do not live with significant others. It's easy to forget what that time in our lives was like but imagine suddenly you can't see your girlfriend/boyfriend for 6 months, or you have none to begin with and you can't go out in search of one for 6 months, and then the gov't is like "Oh yeah let's open all the bars etc.". We expect these kids to practice extreme caution?

Empathize a little is all I'm saying (not you in particular but society/the media in general). There's a lot of demographics for whom this shit has been a lot harder for than others.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
sigh

EfOzvoBUYAAFfFH

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the BC govt announced they were going to phase 3 they said that day the numbers were going to rise :noidea: because they know the idiots walk among us lol

And there are idiots in every age cohort not just 18 to 25 year olds. Much of this uptick is said to have been caused by people hosting parties of large groups. Thats what started it in Kelowna.

Does Bonnie Henry need catchier catchphrases???? I saw someone say she has said “fewer faces in bigger spaces” over 60 times at press conferences and town halls since she first said it May 7th (.... May fuckin 7th lol ???).

we dont need seth rogan or ryan reynolds to talk to the kids lol... Im thinking the idiots out there understand the messsage .... theyre just too selfish to do the right thing for the good of society

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the general public at large at this point are well aware that the point of the mask is to prevent YOU from potentially transmitting the virus to others, not to prevent catching it.
You would think, but no. Especially here in the US.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want anyone to get sick, I don't. However a childhood friend who I haven't seen in 20+ years friended me on Facebook years ago has:

posted numerous things about how Trump may be the greatest president ever because of his hard work and sacrifice

always responds "all lives matter" when she sees Black Lives Matter

posts "I'm straight!" gifs and banners all gay pride times

posted how proud she was of her husband for not harming a gay waiter they had recently

posts vaguely racial things giving her just room for deniability if called on it

when I returned Field Of Dreams to a video store she worked at and she asked how I liked it - I responded "It sucked"*. She then told me I did not like it because I did not understand it.**

Anyway, she has a disease where she is immunosuppressed and still decided to go to Sturgis this year and has been posting tons of pictures of her and her husband in very large groups with pro Trump signs. So while I do not want anyone to get sick, if somebody absolutely has to - I nominate her.
(only time I almost responded to her was the other day. She posted a picture of herself and about 10 other backwoods Appalachian looking people with the caption "Guess what were doing tomorrow?". I had "Discussing philosophy or great literature?" typed out but thought better and did not post)

*its a really bad movie, I still feel that way

**probably the real reason for my animosity

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want anyone to get sick, I don't. However a childhood friend who I haven't seen in 20+ years friended me on Facebook years ago has:

posted numerous things about how Trump may be the greatest president ever because of his hard work and sacrifice

posted how proud she was of her husband for not harming a gay waiter they had recently

posts vaguely racial things giving her just room for deniability if called on it

when I returned Field Of Dreams to a video store she worked at and she asked how I liked it - I responded "It sucked"*. She then told me I did not like it because I did not understand it.**

Anyway, she has a disease where she is immunosuppressed and still decided to go to Sturgis this year and has been posting tons of pictures of her and her husband in very large groups with pro Trump signs. So while I do not want anyone to get sick, if somebody absolutely has to - I nominate her.
(only time I almost responded to her was the other day. She posted a picture of herself and about 10 other backwoods Appalachian looking people with the caption "Guess what were doing tomorrow?". I had "Discussing philosophy or great literature?" typed out but thought better and did not post)

You wonder how some of these people manage to navigate life in general :L

This facebook “friend” from highschool is an actual real life teacher. She teaches at a private catholic school that a buddy of mine sends his kids too. I remind him all the time that this is what he pays for lol

E83E88A1-77B4-4F3B-813C-1CCC38BB3A33.jpeg
D2640C31-C896-4D2C-A53D-5FE85A8E0D2C.jpeg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah yeah yeah... let's cut to the important part. What was her review of the Smashmouth concert?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This facebook “friend” from highschool is an actual real life teacher. She teaches at a private catholic school that a buddy of mine sends his kids too. I remind him all the time that this is what he pays for lol

View attachment 250545
View attachment 250546

Them: "So much weird information that doesn't add up"
You: Here's a video of her saying dreaming about demon sex causes cancer
Them:
giphy.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 250545
View attachment 250546
My "friend" became more of and acquaintance as we got older partly due to the fact her family sent her to a 'good' private school instead of the public school that commoners like me went to.

Imagine sending your kid to a fancy private school only to find out they think Field Of Dreams is a good movie. And they post paintings of Trump riding a motorcycle that look more like Chris Evans than Trump.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine sending your kid to a fancy private school only to find out they think Field Of Dreams is a good movie.

*in my best james earl jones impersonation*

people are dumb comeds ... people are dumb

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to her press briefings, I read this comment and thought it was worth sharing:

Is Kayleigh necessary? Can’t they just leave the binder at the front and let the reporters flip through and find whatever bullshit responses they’re looking for?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

China cases per 1MM population: 59
USA cases per 1MM population: 16,183

China new cases yesterday: 25
USA new cases yesterday: 54,345

look a little closer to home, champ.
would like to see how that lawsuit played out though.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

China cases per 1MM population: 59
USA cases per 1MM population: 16,183

China new cases yesterday: 25
USA new cases yesterday: 54,345

look a little closer to home, champ.
would like to see how that lawsuit played out though.
You laugh, yet there is actually legislation in the US Senate that would allow individuals to sue China because of it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You laugh, yet there is actually legislation in the US Senate that would allow individuals to sue China because of it.

Yeah, I remember a story about 2 to 3 months ago where a Florida based law firm was preparing a class action law suit suing China for their actions regarding COVID-19. No idea if it has proceeded further.