• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I took my 40K loan for my small business and didn't make the 15% threshold for March (I think I likely did for April, but said meh to pursuing it any further). Pretty lucky that both my wife and I have stay employed throughout this pandemic and the CERB for my two daughters will have them in good shape as they go back to university in September.
I'm in commercial banking, and we did a shitload of those $40k CEBA loans (one week turnaround, pretty slick).
Just now, a couple of months after that fact, some audits are coming back to ensure that the payroll declared wasn't dividend income, for example.
but that's the right way to do it. People (and businesses) are fucked, let's help them as soon as possible.
changed the program on the run when they got feedback (threshold went from $40k payroll, to $20k, to $40k non-discretionary spending). Actively trying to help those who need it.
Loans were issued on an attestation basis. Those that did it deceitfully will face consequences, once they run through all of the paperwork.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah thats true. I came off as being too simplistic. Mask wearing isnt the only solution. But we here were allowing over 2 dozen flights a day from Asia at their pandemic height and still weathered the storm probably due to mask wearing and people having a social conscience.

As ive said before a government that supports its citizens financially so they arent forced to go to work during a pandemic would help stop the spread too :noidea: and yah ... none of this is happening in the states

Provide basics? For everyone? PSH

They are making demands of schools without providing them resources to do it properly. No extra nurses at school. No aides to help keep younger kids clean and with masks on. No extra janitorial staff. Most schools aren't even providing a person at the door taking temperatures of everyone coming in. They are trusting parents to do it at home and not send the kids if they have a fever. The chances of actually supporting more than that is...

You can always catch a child up on their education. You can never, ever bring back even a single person from being dead.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Health authorities in B.C. say four affected flights have landed in Vancouver in the last two weeks.

They are: Air Canada 8421 from Kelowna on July 6; Air Canada 311 from Montreal on July 8; American Airlines 1270 from Dallas on July 6; and, United Airlines 375 from San Francisco on July 7. Affected rows are not listed for any of these flights.

7346 new covid cases in cali 2 days ago & 10745 new covid cases in texas yesterday

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that did it deceitfully will face consequences, once they run through all of the paperwork.

cra will have 7 years to find the cheats but as far as wage subsidy goes they will have to dig deep to see if some corps bent their revenue recognition policies just so they could get free money :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provide basics? For everyone? PSH

They are making demands of schools without providing them resources to do it properly. No extra nurses at school. No aides to help keep younger kids clean and with masks on. No extra janitorial staff. Most schools aren't even providing a person at the door taking temperatures of everyone coming in. They are trusting parents to do it at home and not send the kids if they have a fever. The chances of actually supporting more than that is...

You can always catch a child up on their education. You can never, ever bring back even a single person from being dead.

at schools here in june, kids didnt wear masks. Each day the child was asked a series of health questions before entry and it was straight to the hand washing station after entry. Of course this could be done in this manner because the new daily case counts were double digits.

My daughters teacher made the comment that her days were a breeze. The kids were so cooperative and they knew the rules and followed them but also came to realize the seriousness of what we were living through. She compared it to the friday before spring break in mid march up here when the general public was getting antsy/fearful but that hadnt filtered down to effect the kids behaviour yet and they were doing their regular kid things (getting in each others space, pushing each other, licking the ground lol)
While i would give kids some credit for figuring it out and acting in a socially responsible way for sure id be leery in your area when you have kids going to school who are going home to a family with parents who are qanon freedumb fighters and cant be trusted to do the right thing for the greater good.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait for the Cornona Virus League movie!

Get Geena Davis and Thomas Hanks on the line now!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US is going to record over 70K in new cases today...

tenor.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb: - Not sure if my daughters will qualify, but certainly worth checking out.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
British Columbia reported 21 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday and no new deaths.

The province did not hold a live briefing, but reported the numbers in a statement.

It is the sixth time in the last week that the province has reported 20 or more cases in a 24-hour period, after new cases stayed in the teens or single digits for more than a month.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t6xrf80la7b51.jpg

Photo posted by someone in South Korea of what the government just delivered to them for their 14 day Quarantine. They just arrived in SK, not even a citizen (but married to one) and not necessarily positive themselves.

My country won't even supply masks.

If I was told to quarantine for 14 days, I would *have* to go out and get supplies first. Or send someone from my house out for me.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t6xrf80la7b51.jpg

Photo posted by someone in South Korea of what the government just delivered to them for their 14 day Quarantine. They just arrived in SK, not even a citizen (but married to one) and not necessarily positive themselves.

My country won't even supply masks.

If I was told to quarantine for 14 days, I would *have* to go out and get supplies first. Or send someone from my house out for me.

Is that bleach?