• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is good. At this point, the US must have 10s of millions of doses just sitting there not being used by dumb, selfish Americans that I hope we'll be shipping off to other places.

It would be beneficial at this point for US to announce that vaccines will be free until August 1st. Adults over 18 not vaccinated by then will have to pay $200 per shot. I bet we'd see a rush of people. It wouldn't be huge, but maybe combined with the increasing number of teens that can now be vaccinated, it just might get us to herd immunity range by the end of summer.

Not likely to happen though.

CORRECTION - Did a little looking...If the US innoculated everyone over the age of 5, apparently we'd still have 460+ million doses left. We should really be sending tons to Canada, Mexico, and others at this point.
The US border states, on both sides, are really pushing for a re-opening but given that some provinces right now really couldn't handle any additional cases (particularly MB and NS at the moment) I don't think Trudeau's really rushing to make that happen before 75% here are fully vaccinated and I don't think that's realistic before August with current supply so it comes down to how much of a thing people with influence and under pressure like Schumer press the administration to make it happen.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things continue as they are and this schedule gets accelerated there's a good chance most of Ontario has their second doses by the end of July.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i was just going to post ... but the short term trend looks like we may have hit the wall ... ever since Canada had that 488K vaccinated in one day last week the daily vaccinations have really tailed off. Now a lot of that hopefully is just the long weekend and reporting lag but I sure hope we arent into the hesitancy cohort for first doses now.

I saw reports Friday that this wall was expected in Ontario and Quebec (tail off has been huge there) where hesitancy is higher but not in BC ... but BC has gone from averaging 56K per week to around 43K (edit) 46K the past 4 days
going through the wall it appears ... second largest vaccination day in Canada ... 463K

record breaking day in BC ... 73K vaccinated

"67.2% of all adults and 62.7% of those aged 12 and older have now received their first dose"

Is it July 1st yet ??? (also a Jimbo quote)

MqZi5yF.png

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going through the wall it appears ... second largest vaccination day in Canada ... 463K

record breaking day in BC ... 73K vaccinated

"67.2% of all adults and 62.7% of those aged 12 and older have now received their first dose"

Is it July 1st yet ??? (also a Jimbo quote)

MqZi5yF.png
Your percentages will go down after we ship you more doses and selfish people.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the j&j shot is watered down baby shampoo ... no more tears tho :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really despise takes like this. Yeah, it sucks that a lot of people are still exposed to this while a small percentage are slowly achieving immunity, just like it sucked when HIV began to get under control in North America while it raged in Africa.

But the faster the modern, first-world economy and society get back on track the faster the less fortunate regions of the world will too, from personal health to their own economies. They're also the ones who spent a literal fortune getting these vaccines researched and distributed and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

The media companies are really scraping the bottom for Covid-terror pieces at this point knowing they're going to be out of new death pron very soon.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I needed a feel good story like the above after the residential school news story and the horrific discovery that was made in Kamloops last week.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I needed a feel good story like the above after the residential school news story and the horrific discovery that was made in Kamloops last week.
I think that Kamloops story is good because it brings to light a lot of what you just saw in newspaper columns before. That shit was real and it was horrifying.

What I hope we see is more awareness, and more pressure on the government to follow the TRC recommendations. What I hope we don't see, despite what I've seen a lot of the past two days, is more calls for more investigations and more commissions and more talk and talk and talk. We did this. Anybody who paid any attention to the TRC knows this is what happened and that there are likely many more places in the country like this one. Honour the past and recognize our failures but move forward.

/Justin Trudeau is probably going to have to have some pretty uncomfortable discussions about his dad pretty soon.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more corona-related note I absolutely hate that we've basically disavowed the AZ vax. We could have pharmacists across the country giving these out and getting people second doses right now but we aren't for literally no reason. Meanwhile the AZ-dependent UK is basically opened up now and they're seeing 1/5th the number of deaths Canada is daily with twice the population.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more corona-related note I absolutely hate that we've basically disavowed the AZ vax. We could have pharmacists across the country giving these out and getting people second doses right now but we aren't for literally no reason. Meanwhile the AZ-dependent UK is basically opened up now and they're seeing 1/5th the number of deaths Canada is daily with twice the population.

I think it's really dumb, I'm ready for my second dose of AZ (as is my wife) and honestly there seems to be greater concern for mixing vaccines as opposed to the 0.0004% chance of developing blood clots from AZ.