• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cignetti Was Bradford's Pick For OC

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before elevating Cignetti from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator, Fisher said he had a long conversation with Bradford about Cignetti and who he'd like to see in the coordinator role.

“I had a lengthy discussion with Sam, yes, prior to making the decision," Fisher said. "It was part of the information-gathering process. Sam was very forthcoming. He had some firm opinions. I really enjoyed and appreciated his input.”

Asked if Cignetti would have gotten the job if Bradford hadn't provided positive feedback, Fisher offered another not-so-subtle clue about where Bradford stands.

"We wouldn’t be sitting here right now,” Fisher said.

:lol: That's just crazy. It's not like Bradford is Peyton Manning.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam is the golden child.

And Fisher loves the Kool aid.

I'm starting to feel like a Cubs fan. "Just wait till next year"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have the rest of the West right where they want them. AZ has QB issues and their best player is aging, the Niners ran off their stud HC, and the Hawks will soon be dealing w cap issues trying to keep RW while Lynch may soon retire. Meanwhile Rams have a top D capable of upsetting anyone, just need a game manger at QB. Don't even need a stud to win. Bradford is a liability. I wonder if Fisher just doesn't want to be bothered w developing a young kid. Idk.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam is the golden child.

And Fisher loves the Kool aid.

I'm starting to feel like a Cubs fan. "Just wait till next year"

well its even worse with the illini right?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams seem willing to stick with having the oft-injured Sam Bradford as their starting quarterback in 2015.
"He’ll have significant input on that," Fisher said. "As I mentioned, that most likely is going to happen. It’s not as much from the standpoint of challenging Sam; it’s to have options. We don’t know what that looks like right now. We don’t know if that’s draft, free agency or what that looks like. But when we line up in September, we’ll have somebody there.”

Barring a major turn of events, that somebody will be Bradford. Given the dearth of legitimate and realistic quarterback options who figure to be available to the Rams this offseason, that should be no surprise. But Fisher's comment about having options and not "challenging" Bradford represents something of a step backward from his comments in the end-of-the-season news conference.

"There's going to be competition at the quarterback position, there's no doubt," Fisher said then. "With somebody that is not in the building right now. We're hopeful for that. You have to be realistic, but I think we need to do that. Sam understands that. He doesn't have any problem with competition. He's been competing his whole life."

Fisher has even backed off of his comments about bringing in a QB to compete with Bradford.

Man, Fisher is in love with this guy.

I wonder what Vegas odds are on Sam lasting the entire season. Whatever they are, clearly Fisher thinks it's 100%.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illini are starting to play good. Always a good thing in mid-Feb

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still rooting for Sam. He was something special. He's still hungry, that I have no doubt.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still rooting for Sam. He was something special. He's still hungry, that I have no doubt.

Unfortunately, being hungry doesn't keep a player from getting injured.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Bradford healthy is the key. Confusing him with yet another foreign offense doesn't help a lot with that typically. Some continuity is always good, and hopefully a fresh outlook (and a new play caller) will liven up that offense. Rams had signs of opening up the passing game off of an improving run game, but gave up on it too often, and got out-coached at halftime 9 times out of 10 it seemed. They don't need to re-invent the wheel, just change the driver (as long as Fisher isn't driving from the back seat).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is crazy. Fisher would look real stupid if Sam signs with someone else after these comments. Tells me the Rams in the end will give Sam whatever he wants to stay. Unless Sam really does just take a big cut in pay which would be something in this world. If he dose my hats off to him that would be super cool. not smart but cool.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think (hope) the FO and Fisher convince Sam to take a modest salary after the enormous contract he is finishing. If Fisher is consulting with Sam about the OC, then Sam isn't going anywhere.

I guess it's "all in" for Fisher.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, you are hereby on probation for three days. Another post on the wrong thread like you did above is going to get you a "vacation". Capeeche?

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have the rest of the West right where they want them. AZ has QB issues and their best player is aging, the Niners ran off their stud HC, and the Hawks will soon be dealing w cap issues trying to keep RW while Lynch may soon retire. Meanwhile Rams have a top D capable of upsetting anyone, just need a game manger at QB. Don't even need a stud to win. Bradford is a liability. I wonder if Fisher just doesn't want to be bothered w developing a young kid. Idk.
I think the NFC West will be the toughest division in football still for one more year and then there will be a clearing. They key things will be: Lynch needs to wear down, Palmer needs to wear down and the rest of the Niners 'old talent' has to wear down.

Everyone got beat up last year and the Seahawks were still the team to beat by a notable margin in terms of point differential and efficiency. The Rams would probably need a top...lets say 15 QB and they need to fix their oline.

Fisher obviously doesn't want to develop a new kid but they'll have to bring someone in who can actually challenge as a starter. I just think that as long as Fisher is in charge, he is going to keep sticking with Bradford.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, you are hereby on probation for three days. Another post on the wrong thread like you did above is going to get you a "vacation". Capeeche?

lol,ok ok that was my last one Retro, the opp was out there and i had to take it. :whistle:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the meeting with Garcia went well, but the Rams want to interview more candidates. Fish really takes these things slowly...

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey retro, is there really posting criteria or is it a joke? I notice one of mine got deleted. It wasn't really that bad.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are allowed to have strong opinions on what BS did here and who we think would be the best fit moving forward w the Rams but Sam does not?

Sounds like he just gave a strong opinion that fisher agreed with. Plus it sounds like we are assuming what was said/done behind closed doors when in fact we are just as clueless as the guy next to us.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey retro, is there really posting criteria or is it a joke? I notice one of mine got deleted. It wasn't really that bad.

No Joke, there are posting criteria. Read the appropriate thread to get the criteria.