• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think what He and Deebo will be doing all over the field. Both can play WR and RB. Defenses will go crazy trying to figure out if Deebo is going to be the runningback and CMC is the WR or vice versa and then motion them both.
This is kinda what makes this a head-scratcher for me. SF already has a CMC in Deebo, not sure this was a high need for them. But as you say, it definitely makes them a more dangerous offense, if both guys are going to take snaps from those same positions

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kinda what makes this a head-scratcher for me. SF already has a CMC in Deebo, not sure this was a high need for them. But as you say, it definitely makes them a more dangerous offense, if both guys are going to take snaps from those same positions

If Deebo goes down the entire 9ers team implodes. CMAC provides some sort of insurance as well as keeping Deebo out of harms way. Both are HIGH injury risk.... along with Kittle. IF (and it's a huge IF) CMAC, Kittle, and Deebo all stay healthy - San Fran has a quietly dangerous offense...

IMO San Fran has a roster built for a Super Bowl at the moment... but it's all about whether the key players stay healthy. CMAC, Deebo, Kittle is extremely dangerous for a D to plan against... same with the 49ers defense if Bosa remains.

49ers might be a dark horse this year. I mean they're going to likely suck ass in 2024+ due to the forfeit of draft picks, worn out players, and Trey Lance, but yah... until then.... let's.. ........... let's dig? (49ers, get it, gold? :pound:)

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what this does ultimately does for the Niners.

At the end of the day Jimmy is still the QB however the NFC is really really weak so maybe it does make a difference. Regardless the Niners do not have a ton of time in terms of years to make a move so in that sense I get it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant trade for the Panthers.

Once they trade Burns they will lock up the No. 1 pick and take Young/Stroud and have a bounty of picks to rebuild with.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once they trade Burns they will lock up the No. 1 pick and take Young/Stroud and have a bounty of picks to rebuild with.
We still need the right coach, though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fire selling a team like the Panthers are doing is a stupid move... you're likely not getting some fix all solution in Young/Stroud and Wilks has zero fucking clue what he's doing. And then they're willing to trade a pretty decent DE who is still 24-25 years old... you're also not going to attract any free agents let alone keep your existing decent players without overpaying the hell out of them. Oh... nice situation you put your new giant investment #1 QB in. :pound:

Still blows my mind flyer... that you support tanking a season to get draft picks. Tell me the last time a team did that successfully? And I mean purposely trade away everything... it's never happened. And no Peyton Manning doesn't count.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire selling a team like the Panthers are doing is a stupid move... you're likely not getting some fix all solution in Young/Stroud and Wilks has zero fucking clue what he's doing. And then they're willing to trade a pretty decent DE who is still 24-25 years old... you're also not going to attract any free agents let alone keep your existing decent players without overpaying the hell out of them. Oh... nice situation you put your new giant investment #1 QB in. :pound:

Still blows my mind flyer... that you support tanking a season to get draft picks. Tell me the last time a team did that successfully? And I mean purposely trade away everything... it's never happened. And no Peyton Manning doesn't count.

I'm not really supporting tanking. The Panthers are a not good football team. They are 1-5. Trading an oft injured RB who is getting paid 20 million a year when you are, at best, 2 to 3 years away from relevancy is a pretty smart move.

Trading Burns is a little more problematic but I could see them getting a 1st plus other picks for him.

Wilks is a caretaker and unlikely to be the coach next year.

They are going to have a new coach next year. Maybe a new GM. And they are going to be starting over. It's not a desirable situation to be in. But keeping McCaffrey makes no sense given the shelf life of RBs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really supporting tanking. The Panthers are a not good football team. They are 1-5. Trading an oft injured RB who is getting paid 20 million a year when you are, at best, 2 to 3 years away from relevancy is a pretty smart move.

Trading Burns is a little more problematic but I could see them getting a 1st plus other picks for him.

Wilks is a caretaker and unlikely to be the coach next year.

They are going to have a new coach next year. Maybe a new GM. And they are going to be starting over. It's not a desirable situation to be in. But keeping McCaffrey makes no sense given the shelf life of RBs.

Well, trading CMAC is fine... that makes sense. But Burns? And rumors are now speculating anyone on the team is basically on the block... and then all the QBs they brought in? Carolina is a fucking disaster...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, trading CMAC is fine... that makes sense. But Burns? And rumors are now speculating anyone on the team is basically on the block... and then all the QBs they brought in? Carolina is a fucking disaster...

They are a disaster. Which is why they fired their HC.

You only trade Burns if you can get a king's ransom in return. But if some team were willing to trade 2 1st rounders for him, you really need to think long and hard about doing that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this trade tells me is that if your club likes anyone on the Panthers roster, just call and offer them a couple of picks

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they should trade Burns, Idk what the hell Fiterer is doing. I guess he figures he can conduct a fire sale and fans will stay loyal for 10 years?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 10 games the previous two seasons. He will be injured.

You’re looking at this trade through 2017 tinted glasses

Being injured previous doesn't guarantee an injury in the future.

Do you think Carl Pickens was a completely wasted draft pick by your Steelers?

Did you have Saquan Barkely as a top RB this year?

Simple fact is RB's get hurt at a higher rate than any other position. Nature of the position. A guy like McCaffery isnt any more likely or less likely to get injured moving forward than any other RB in the league. Every RB in the league right now for the most part has a troublesome injury history.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being injured previous doesn't guarantee an injury in the future.

Do you think Carl Pickens was a completely wasted draft pick by your Steelers?

Did you have Saquan Barkely as a top RB this year?

Simple fact is RB's get hurt at a higher rate than any other position. Nature of the position. A guy like McCaffery isnt any more likely or less likely to get injured moving forward than any other RB in the league. Every RB in the league right now for the most part has a troublesome injury history.

And this is why heavy investments into running backs are always a bad idea.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I wouldn't trade Burns or DJ Moore unless they really wanted out. Trading CmC is a no-brainer, though.

Going to make the KC game a lot more interesting.
Will it? He'd have about 48 hours to get integrated. Probably more likely that itll make the Rams game next week interesting.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I wouldn't trade Burns or DJ Moore unless they really wanted out. Trading CmC is a no-brainer, though.

Yeah I don't think they should trade Burns. But I've heard a lot of speculation that they were trying to.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they should trade Burns, Idk what the hell Fiterer is doing. I guess he figures he can conduct a fire sale and fans will stay loyal for 10 years?

Yah I have no clue wtf is going on John... but I read that Burns is on the block... again, I have zero clue why.... unless they are really trying to tank for Stroud/Young, which IMO is the dumbest thing to do.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why heavy investments into running backs are always a bad idea.

Every big RB contract in the last couple of years I guarantee you every team would do again.

Cook, Henry, Kamara, Jones. All have missed time and yet even with that those guys add big time value to their teams that a rookie RB is unlikely to bring. Hell the only reason McCaffery got traded is not him...its the rest of the team around him in Carolina.

And what people fail to notice when they say how RB's don't matter is just how many draft picks teams without good RB's have to spend to get a competent RB core.

The 49ers in the last 2 drafts had spent 2 3rd rounders and a 6th rounder before getting McCaffery. So almost as much to get a RB core they werent happy about.

Again the NFL and people have taken this whole RB dont matter thing WAY too far to the point where good RB's are solid deals.