• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Johnson Shot in the shoulder...wtf!?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things to do in Florida:
Go out late and shoot somebody?
Go out late and get shot?
Go out and shoot somebody that told somebody that you shot somebody?????

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll be the first one to say I hope he's okay and makes a speedy recovery.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4am Sunday morning? I'm guessing they weren't out really early trying to get good seats for sunrise service.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position did he put himself in? If this happened in a club or something your point would be valid.

He was in a car driving home and someone shot at him and his friend at a stop light.

That could happen to any of us who go out on a Friday/Saturday night and are driving home at 3 or 4 in the morning.

Hahahahaha. No.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are we supposed to do when we're in our 20's like I am and most of the NFL is? Be afraid of our life and make sure we're in the house every Friday/Saturday night before 12?

You don't have to stay in, but I would suggest the following:
  1. Don't associate yourself with gangster thugs
  2. Don't act like a gangster thug, as that can draw the attention of gangster thugs
  3. Don't go to clubs frequented by gangster thugs
  4. Don't go cruising around parts of town that are known hotspots for gangster thugs in your pimped out Escalade
With those four simple steps, you too can have a pleasant nightlife while avoiding being shot. Good luck.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not true its all about putting yourself in the best position that you can. If you think that being out till 3 or 4 in the morning is living your life then you just might want to rethink what your doing out at 3 or 4 anything productive? Having fun is one thing I get it . Being involved in a drive-by shooting come on man that does not happen to just anybody.

Have fun but be smart about it. Life is about choices good and bad.

JMHO

As a married 38-year-old with two children, I think your advice is sound. However, I'm young enough to remember what I was like from 19 to about 28, which included well more than my shares of nights being out until 3-4 in the morning, so I can understand where this kid is coming from. In all those nights of burning the midnight oil, I never once had any kind of issue with being shot and I attribute that fortune to the fact that I wasn't hanging around in places where gangster thugs hang out.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any felony involved, someone dying makes it murder.....

I personally don't agree with that law, because it's easy for the police to abuse*, but people do need to realise that it's a thing.

*Two people commit a felony robbery, police shoot one of them so the other gets charged with murder, for example

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason im not shocked by this at all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to stay in, but I would suggest the following:
  1. Don't associate yourself with gangster thugs
  2. Don't act like a gangster thug, as that can draw the attention of gangster thugs
  3. Don't go to clubs frequented by gangster thugs
  4. Don't go cruising around parts of town that are known hotspots for gangster thugs in your pimped out Escalade
With those four simple steps, you too can have a pleasant nightlife while avoiding being shot. Good luck.

Now this I totally agree with. Stay away from bad areas where thugs would usually hang out at & make sure you don't hang out with thugs and you should be fine

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't agree with that law, because it's easy for the police to abuse*, but people do need to realise that it's a thing.

*Two people commit a felony robbery, police shoot one of them so the other gets charged with murder, for example
Don't do the crime
if you can't do the time.....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are we supposed to do when we're in our 20's like I am and most of the NFL is? Be afraid of our life and make sure we're in the house every Friday/Saturday night before 12?
You can stay out until 12:30.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't do the crime
if you can't do the time.....
That's a fair point, but it is somewhat ludicrous that the police can in theory create a murder charge against someone by shooting their accomplice dead for little or no reason (and lets be honest, there have been quite a few debatable police shootings recently).

To take a very extreme hypothetical, say two guys commit a felony robbery, and one of them is caught pretty quick, but the other gets away and is later shot dead by police while resisting arrest. Would you be okay with charging the other guy with murder? It might be the letter of the law, but I wouldn't be happy with that.