• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take you serious because you've been complaining every season since the Superbowl win...
the playoff loss to the falcons in 2011, after the stupid bullshit FB handoff that they ran on 4th and goal at the end of the half I said straight up stupid shit like that would cost us a SB.

and it did. my complaints have been valid. at this point im not even complaining im simply stating what needs to be done and im not the only one here that sees it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think keeping wilson will doom us to mediocrity AT BEST. hell thats what we have been since 2014 anyways.

No. Mediocrity is the Giants or the Jets or the Lions or Dolphins or the Chargers. Having the most wins in the last 10 years is most certainly NOT mediocrity.

i was talking about the steelers, but if I was a gambler id take that bet

Ben is cooked. Has been cooked for a few years.

thats not even the point really, regardless of who we keep or let go we have very little cap space to fill all the holes we are going to have.

We have the 7th most cap space of any team going into the offseason. We have one good sized contract we need to re-up(Diggs) and a bunch of guys closer to league minimum.

based on what ive already said. the team is already bad, we are going to lose some decent players all over the team including the OL. its NOT going to be a good year anyone who thinks they will be competitive is delusional.

Well you thought they were bad last year when they were 12-4.

you said he cares most about winning, if he wont take a pay cut then that obviously isnt true. which is not a criticism. but if he wants to pretend and make people think winning is the most important object, then taking a pay cut should be a no brainer.

How many top tier QBs have taken a pay cut?

id like to keep metcalf, but if wilson stays I dont think there is any way in hell metcalf will resign. it makes sense to trade him for max value instead of letting him walk

And you know this based on all of your interactions with Metcalf? He's told you how much he doesn't like Wilson?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I must have read that wrong... I thought you were ok if he was the new HC... I'm ok with him staying on as the OC as well, just not the HC...

Oh definitely not head coach. Not even sure I want him to stay on as OC. It would only be because Russ wanted him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this based on all of your interactions with Metcalf? He's told you how much he doesn't like Wilson?
I never imaged there was any friction between Wilson and Metcalf. Wilson targets him a bunch, even when it is not wise and his passes to Metcalf are like guided missile at times. Metcalf is a deva who wants the ball every play but still have a hard time imaging him having a problem with Wilson. If he does ...well it's all on him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never imaged there was any friction between Wilson and Metcalf. Wilson targets him a bunch, even when it is not wise and his passes to Metcalf are like guided missile at times. Metcalf is a deva who wants the ball every play but still have a hard time imaging him having a problem with Wilson. If he does ...well it's all on him.

Yeah. The practice together in the offseason. He's always looking for him. Metcalf is I'm sure frustrated because the team is sucking and he isn't getting the ball enough. Both are good reasons for him to be frustrated.

We should never have a game where he isn't targeted AT LEAST 5 times.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf's body language is pretty clear when wilson misses him being wide open, or throws off target to him. And it happens all the time.
Ill be shocked if he resigns with us.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The practice together in the offseason. He's always looking for him. Metcalf is I'm sure frustrated because the team is sucking and he isn't getting the ball enough. Both are good reasons for him to be frustrated.

We should never have a game where he isn't targeted AT LEAST 5 times.
Looked it up and according to the chart Metcalf averages 7.3 per game.

Wilson does seem to to zone in on a single player at times which means at times it would be Lockett getting target after target or Metcalf, usually Metcalf it seemed to me and the chart says Lockett averaged 7.1 so slightly less then Metcalf. Actually IMO neither have reason to be unhappy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf's body language is pretty clear when wilson misses him being wide open, or throws off target to him. And it happens all the time.
Ill be shocked if he resigns with us.
Metcalf is a hot head who is also a bone head. Could care less if he's upset because for the most part it would be unwarranted. He gets targeted plenty.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Mediocrity is the Giants or the Jets or the Lions or Dolphins or the Chargers. Having the most wins in the last 10 years is most certainly NOT mediocrity.

Repeatedly losing in the divisional or wild card round is mediocrity

Ben is cooked. Has been cooked for a few years.
Agreed

We have the 7th most cap space of any team going into the offseason. We have one good sized contract we need to re-up(Diggs) and a bunch of guys closer to league minimum.

Well you thought they were bad last year when they were 12-4.

They won game they shouldn't have and then lost at home in the wildcard round. Maybe thats acceptable to you but its not to me.

How many top tier QBs have taken a pay cut?

Brady, and how many superbowl does he have?

I already answered this but even the idiots on sports radio recognize it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson doesn't throw a good ball for Metcalf, he hates to jump. How can you be 6 foot 4 and hate to jump? he wants to catch everything in stride. He needs to use his big body to go up and get EVERYTHING no way he should be waiting for the ball to come to him 90% of the time like he does.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf is a hot head who is also a bone head. Could care less if he's upset because for the most part it would be unwarranted. He gets targeted plenty.
He gets targets, but for whatever reason wilson misses on a lot of those throws. Wilson also doesnt see him wide open on a regular basis. Its easier to see when you are at the game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson doesn't throw a good ball for Metcalf, he hates to jump. How can you be 6 foot 4 and hate to jump? he wants to catch everything in stride. He needs to use his big body to go up and get EVERYTHING no way he should be waiting for the ball to come to him 90% of the time like he does.
Not only that he's dropped balls that hit him right in the hands. Big important passes to boot.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its hilarious that the two of you are trashing metcalf, he is our best offensive player. God forbid a receiver wants to be hit in stride instead of having to jump for an overthrown ball when he is wide open in the flat with no defender in a 10 yard radius. Come on, thats ridiculous.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets targets, but for whatever reason wilson misses on a lot of those throws. Wilson also doesnt see him wide open on a regular basis. Its easier to see when you are at the game.
I've been to plenty of games. It's mostly a timing thing, being open when the QB has to avoid a sack and can't throw happens. Wilson doesn't miss a lot of throws to Metcalf in reality, rather he targets him to often or when he shouldn't throw to him at all. Fuck Metcalf and his diva act.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its hilarious that the two of you are trashing metcalf, he is our best offensive player. God forbid a receiver wants to be hit in stride instead of having to jump for an overthrown ball when he is wide open in the flat with no defender in a 10 yard radius. Come on, thats ridiculous.
Lockett is superior to Metcalf and it's not close.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
DK is a physical freak and seemingly unstoppable at times, but his hands have been inconsistent. That alone keeps him from being elite. I'd hoped for a lower percentage of drops this year but it seems about the same (I haven't researched it).
That being said, RW has too often been off target recently. Hopefully it is the finger and it will heal to 100% after the season.
The fact is that if we want draft capital then DK should be considered. Some team might pay big for him, and we should be able to get similar production from Eskridge numbers-wise (compared to this year's DK numbers at least,).
When we drafted Eskridge it was a waste of a pick on a position of depth. At the time I questioned why not a CB, OL, or DT, and in retrospect we sure could have used something in those areas instead of WR. So to top it all off, if we did move DK then maybe the Eskridge pick won't go down as yet another total waste of a 1st day pick like so many others recently.

Reactions: MrS

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeatedly losing in the divisional or wild card round is mediocrity

So every team is mediocre except for 3 or 4. Gotcha.

They won game they shouldn't have and then lost at home in the wildcard round. Maybe thats acceptable to you but its not to me.

And WHY did they win games they shouldn't have? I think it is time for the Seahawks to move on from Carroll precisely because he hasn't been able to get to the next level over the last 5 years.

Brady, and how many superbowl does he have?

So basically we should move on from Wilson because he's not Tom Brady.

I already answered this but even the idiots on sports radio recognize it.

Oh sports radio says so. Got it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you guys keep running in circles over the same things, the question is what does our owner think? If she doesn't have the passion and drive to do hard things and take risks to get better, is there any chance she actually gets rid of Carroll?

I mean most of us agree he has to go, even if there aren't agreements on how many more we should get rid of.

Do we think there is an appetite for firing the most successful coach in franchise history? Would Paul have done so?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you guys keep running in circles over the same things, the question is what does our owner think? If she doesn't have the passion and drive to do hard things and take risks to get better, is there any chance she actually gets rid of Carroll?

I mean most of us agree he has to go, even if there aren't agreements on how many more we should get rid of.

Do we think there is an appetite for firing the most successful coach in franchise history? Would Paul have done so?

I do agree that this is the big question. I do think that Paul would have done so. He did it with Holmgren who was our most successful coach up to that point.

I think the big issue with Jodie is that she's still caught up in just unwinding Paul's estate. I'm not sure how much time or energy she will invest in actually handling the Seahawks.

The more that the fans clamor for moving on from Pete the better chance she will actually do so, IMO.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every team is mediocre except for 3 or 4. Gotcha.
28 teams lose in the WC or divisional round every year? making the playoffs is the minimum, winning a few WC games is a disappointment. battered wives syndrome has set in here.
And WHY did they win games they shouldn't have? I think it is time for the Seahawks to move on from Carroll precisely because he hasn't been able to get to the next level over the last 5 years.
we only disagree on trading wilson then
So basically we should move on from Wilson because he's not Tom Brady.
maybe there is a correlation between having a QB taking up 25-30% of your cap and not winning any superbowls. id bet if you looked at the numbers you would see that its true.
Oh sports radio says so. Got it.
they are the biggest bootlickers around but they still get it right once in a while

according to some reports she isnt happy and might pull the trigger on changes.