• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even at our worst with mora we werent 2-14. as it is RIGHT NOW, we are a 5 win team I dont know why we are ok with this.

Who is ok with it? Virtually everyone is saying that it is time for Pete and probably JS to move on. You and some others want us to go full tank and do something that no team ever does willingingly, trade a Pro Bowl level QB.

maybe not, but what have they done lately? maybe they should

I guess every team that doesn't win a Super Bowl every few years should just blow everything up. That has shown itself to be such a successful strategy.

have you looked at our FAs? basically our entire OL. 52 right now might as well be 0. you are right about the draft picks, I was thinking of last year and our 3 picks.

The biggest is finding replacements for Duane Brown and whomever else we think we need to move on from.

we are guaranteed at least two, including this year.

We aren't guaranteed anything next year.

I remember reading that the mcgwire pick came from the top, maybe im wrong on that one. regardless ken behring was an awful owner and I 100% believe his intent was to move the team from day 1.

hes not worth a 37-40m cap hit

And yet there are probably 20 teams that would take on his cap hit in a heartbeat.

he is the one throwing deep on 3rd and 4 consistently

That is true. He is the one throwing the ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I can’t stand about Norton is how he never makes adjustments when it’s not working, drives me bat @@$ crazy ! He’s the man with the headset on, blitz! Run man, mix it up … I doubt Pete is like Norton, run cover 3 and that’s it! You know Ken is calling some shots as the D coordinator he’s just not very innovative … I like the guy, I’m totally cool keeping him around is they decide that, just get someone in there that can read an offense and make adjustments when needed … I watched an interview where Pete said he lets his coordinators call the shots, he allows them to grow and be who they are as coaches….

How has our defense changes between Bradley, Quinn, Richard and Norton? Other than the personnel? We have ALWAYS run a vanilla defense. By design. But when you have elite talent you can just out execute everyone. When you don't have elite talent then you need to do more than pick between one of 2 defensive schemes.

If they fire Norton and keep Pete then there really is no hope for this team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t even take a QB with a first pick honestly, such a gamble … If we let Russ go we’re most likely gonna suck for a while…

Spoken like a fan of a team that has had 4, soon to be 5, losing seasons in 20 years.

I get that fans love the idea of getting high draft picks that can be franchise players but that rarely happens and the odds of the Seahawks being able to recoup Wilson's value in draft picks is close to nil.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, there is that. The problem with Pete is that he couldn't change his game plan as the roster changed. He still thought he could get the same results after the Legion of Boom was dismantling

Going with Russ so soon after his finger surgery certainly didn't help matters much this year, either.

No, as much as I appreciate what he HAD done for us, it's time for him to step down.
Actually Pete has changes his game plan a lot going from run heavy to being more of a passing team due to the roster changing. The roster just isn't that good and that's the problem. Now how to restock and do it quickly. If you figure that out let us know.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a fan of a team that has had 4, soon to be 5, losing seasons in 20 years.

I get that fans love the idea of getting high draft picks that can be franchise players but that rarely happens and the odds of the Seahawks being able to recoup Wilson's value in draft picks is close to nil.
I'm not against keeping Russ and not against trading him for the right haul. However you were correct about his trade value being at a all time low so maybe they try to hold on to him. I'm not sure RW wants to stick around TBH, we have all heard the whispers about RW being unhappy here for the last couple of years. Last year the volume turned up to high on the rumors. Certainly this season didn't help and the outlook of few draft picks and not a large amount of cap space isn't going to put a smile on his face.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against keeping Russ and not against trading him for the right haul. However you were correct about his trade value being at a all time low so maybe they try to hold on to him. I'm not sure RW wants to stick around TBH, we have all heard the whispers about RW being unhappy here for the last couple of years. Last year the volume turned up to high on the rumors. Certainly this season didn't help and the outlook of few draft picks and not a large amount of cap space isn't going to put a smile on his face.

I have no idea whether Russ wants to leave or not. Honestly, I think Russ wants to win more than anything else. If we bring in a coach and front office he approves of, I suspect he would be more than happy to stay.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea whether Russ wants to leave or not. Honestly, I think Russ wants to win more than anything else. If we bring in a coach and front office he approves of, I suspect he would be more than happy to stay.
Well I have no idea either TBH but some remarks he made last couple of years do raise eyebrows and questions. I do agree he wants to win more then anything, but he aware of father time and he's aware of all the needs the Seahawks have, which is why I doubt a new coach and front office is what gets him to stay despite the roster lacking...if the rumors have any truth to them.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years in the league without missing a snap but he injures his finger on a freak play so now he has a history of injuries. That's ridiculous even for you.
a finger injury on your throwing hand is a serious problem and it shows. maybe he will recover from that but I believe drew brees had a similar injury and it lingered for a couple years.
Who is ok with it? Virtually everyone is saying that it is time for Pete and probably JS to move on. You and some others want us to go full tank and do something that no team ever does willingingly, trade a Pro Bowl level QB.
detroit traded stafford because he was making too much money and their team was trash. I think we arent in that bad of a situation but we arent far off. if a team stepped up and offered us that haul I would take it in a heart beat.
I guess every team that doesn't win a Super Bowl every few years should just blow everything up. That has shown itself to be such a successful strategy.
they are looking at missing the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years, its time to move on at that point. or how long should a franchise wait?
The biggest is finding replacements for Duane Brown and whomever else we think we need to move on from.
look at this list: Seahawks' full list of 2022 free agents
its going to be difficult to sign and/or replace these guys. next year is set up to be a bad one, period I dont think there is any way out of it barring a miracle.
We aren't guaranteed anything next year.
its not looking good
And yet there are probably 20 teams that would take on his cap hit in a heartbeat.
someone mentioned his cap hit, if traded, would be 11m for the team that takes him. so nobody is taking that hit except us
he wants fame and money more than anything. if he wanted to win he would take less like brady basically always has.

the only way I would keep him is if he took an extension that lowered his cap hit to $20m a year. that would let us sign an extra 1-2 players or keep a player like diggs and possibly help extend metcalf (though like i said i dont think he wants to play with wilson)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m worried about his abilities diminishing, so if we don’t make the move we get nothing for him… If we get nothing for him and his skills do diminish, the rebuild will take way longer …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, you’re saying the draft picks have low odds to recoup Wilson’s value, I agree with that, if it was a younger sharper Russell Wilson… He’s not that guy anymore… He’s not using his legs as much, he’s not making as sharp of decisions as he used to, example is that inexcusable sack late in that game making a chip shot game ending field goal a longer one … And man, I say these things as a huge Russell Wilson fan, he’s my favorite QB in Seahawks history, I’d hate to see him leave… If he stay’s I’m ok with it, but I know we’ve already seen the best of him, he’s not gonna age like Tom Brady, he’s not a pocket passing QB and he’s taken TONS of hits in his career that slowly wear on you … My feeling is, this is it, we either make the move this off-season or he’s our guy until he can’t perform anymore ..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a finger injury on your throwing hand is a serious problem and it shows. maybe he will recover from that but I believe drew brees had a similar injury and it lingered for a couple years.

detroit traded stafford because he was making too much money and their team was trash. I think we arent in that bad of a situation but we arent far off. if a team stepped up and offered us that haul I would take it in a heart beat.
[/QUOTE]

Because you are fine with being in the wilderness and praying for the team to get lucky in the draft. I am not. All those picks don't mean crap if you don't have a QB.

they are looking at missing the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years, its time to move on at that point. or how long should a franchise wait?

So now the team is doomed to missing the playoffs 3 out of the next 4 years?

look at this list: Seahawks' full list of 2022 free agents
its going to be difficult to sign and/or replace these guys. next year is set up to be a bad one, period I dont think there is any way out of it barring a miracle.

Which guys do you think we NEED to keep? Diggs? DJ Reed? Sidney Jones? I see a list of pretty decent players but guys like Al Woods, who has had a nice year, aren't going to be expensive.

its not looking good

Based on what, exactly? You don't even know who the coaches will be. Unless of course we do trade Russ then we will definitely suck next year.

someone mentioned his cap hit, if traded, would be 11m for the team that takes him. so nobody is taking that hit except us

Sure

he wants fame and money more than anything. if he wanted to win he would take less like brady basically always has.

So unlike every other QB other than Brady, whose wife is absolutely loaded? You are just creating an absurd frame. No player takes a discount unless money is completely irrelevant to them.

the only way I would keep him is if he took an extension that lowered his cap hit to $20m a year. that would let us sign an extra 1-2 players or keep a player like diggs and possibly help extend metcalf (though like i said i dont think he wants to play with wilson)

We should get rid of all of our good players so we have plenty of cap room to sign other players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you’re saying the draft picks have low odds to recoup Wilson’s value, I agree with that, if it was a younger sharper Russell Wilson… He’s not that guy anymore… He’s not using his legs as much, he’s not making as sharp of decisions as he used to, example is that inexcusable sack late in that game making a chip shot game ending field goal a longer one … And man, I say these things as a huge Russell Wilson fan, he’s my favorite QB in Seahawks history, I’d hate to see him leave… If he stay’s I’m ok with it, but I know we’ve already seen the best of him, he’s not gonna age like Tom Brady, he’s not a pocket passing QB and he’s taken TONS of hits in his career that slowly wear on you … My feeling is, this is it, we either make the move this off-season or he’s our guy until he can’t perform anymore ..

He's over 10 years younger than Brady. We don't need to expect him to be playing in 10 years to see that getting rid of him as a 33 year old is pretty batty.

I just don't see how we would be able to lure any sought after coach if we were to dump Wilson.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's over 10 years younger than Brady. We don't need to expect him to be playing in 10 years to see that getting rid of him as a 33 year old is pretty batty.

I just don't see how we would be able to lure any sought after coach if we were to dump Wilson.

That’s a good point, having him here could lure a good coach, having a veteran QB makes there job easier … As far as the Brady thing, it was an example, I don’t think Russ will be playing at 40 honestly, he’s taken way too many hits, bad O-lines being a big part of that …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady is a unicorn because it's beyond not being normal to being able to play at his level at his age and has regressed in some areas. Never being a mobile QB but having the drive to excel has help hone some mental skills that has made up for being less physically, that's not the case for RW. He hasn't honed his footwork in the pocket ( and he certainly should because it's rather poor ) or learned to go go through progression while staying in the pocket and so forth and etc.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are fine with being in the wilderness and praying for the team to get lucky in the draft. I am not. All those picks don't mean crap if you don't have a QB.
i think keeping wilson will doom us to mediocrity AT BEST. hell thats what we have been since 2014 anyways.
So now the team is doomed to missing the playoffs 3 out of the next 4 years?
i was talking about the steelers, but if I was a gambler id take that bet
Which guys do you think we NEED to keep? Diggs? DJ Reed? Sidney Jones? I see a list of pretty decent players but guys like Al Woods, who has had a nice year, aren't going to be expensive.
thats not even the point really, regardless of who we keep or let go we have very little cap space to fill all the holes we are going to have.
Based on what, exactly? You don't even know who the coaches will be. Unless of course we do trade Russ then we will definitely suck next year.
based on what ive already said. the team is already bad, we are going to lose some decent players all over the team including the OL. its NOT going to be a good year anyone who thinks they will be competitive is delusional.
So unlike every other QB other than Brady, whose wife is absolutely loaded? You are just creating an absurd frame. No player takes a discount unless money is completely irrelevant to them.
you said he cares most about winning, if he wont take a pay cut then that obviously isnt true. which is not a criticism. but if he wants to pretend and make people think winning is the most important object, then taking a pay cut should be a no brainer.
We should get rid of all of our good players so we have plenty of cap room to sign other players.
id like to keep metcalf, but if wilson stays I dont think there is any way in hell metcalf will resign. it makes sense to trade him for max value instead of letting him walk

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even at our worst with mora we werent 2-14. as it is RIGHT NOW, we are a 5 win team I dont know why we are ok with this.

maybe not, but what have they done lately? maybe they should

have you looked at our FAs? basically our entire OL. 52 right now might as well be 0. you are right about the draft picks, I was thinking of last year and our 3 picks.

we are guaranteed at least two, including this year.

I remember reading that the mcgwire pick came from the top, maybe im wrong on that one. regardless ken behring was an awful owner and I 100% believe his intent was to move the team from day 1.

hes not worth a 37-40m cap hit

he is the one throwing deep on 3rd and 4 consistently
Hard to take you serious because you've been complaining every season since the Superbowl win...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nothing. But continuity for Russ has some value. I'm not saying we need to keep him. But I could live with him staying providing we get a new head coach.

I may skip the season if Pete is head coach again next season.
Oh I must have read that wrong... I thought you were ok if he was the new HC... I'm ok with him staying on as the OC as well, just not the HC...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think keeping wilson will doom us to mediocrity AT BEST. hell thats what we have been since 2014 anyways.
We differ there. Making the playoffs adds a lot to enjoying the season, expecting a Superbowl every few years is delusional, because everything has to fall right for that to happen. I don't think Russell dooms the Seahawks to mediocrity it is the lack of enough talent that does that. That what comes from being a playoff team yearly for long time and not accepting just winning a few games for a year or two in order to restock and make another run. SonnyCID once said everyone EXCEPT Russell was replaceable. The better course would of been to let Sherman, Thomas , Bennett etc go, take their lumps and reload with early draft picks and have another run. Now the Seahawks have run the string right down to the end in order to extend the winning and NOW a full rebuild has to happen. As flyerhawk has mentioned a full rebuild often doesn't work, we got tons of examples, but there isn't really isn't much choice now. Me....I'd rather do it with a coach that has done it then some flavor of the week, hot over hyped rookie head coach, but it has to happen one way or the other and for me kick starting it with a slew of picks for RW seems the right way to begin......if they can actual get that sort of haul for Russell....seriously it may not even be in the cards, but this is like the last chance to do try IMO.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our cabin had 3 feet of snow this weekend... We spent Christmas there... Sledding, snowshoeing, etc.... It was beautiful.... Right on the Canadian border...

Attachments

• Snow day.jpg
    Snow day.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 4