• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie already in over his head at ut

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the problem is, Austin wants so badly to be the LA of the MId-West, yet they forget their roots and still live their racist double standard bull shit lives.. fucking hypocrites

well, first off, Austin is not the "mid-west". Just a little geography note for ya.

Second, well, I'm not really sure what else to say about your post.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when did LA become the bastion of acceptance and model to be like??? Good God some people are myopic about their own favorite parts of the country in comparison to Texas. We aren't all dragging people down dirt roads you know while the rest of the enlightened parts of the country hold hands in solidarity. Texas is just as diverse as any state in this country, and guess what? Somehow we live together daily without going on racist murdering rants constantly. Only by pure luck apparently according to the hoop...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the problem is, Austin wants so badly to be the LA of the MId-West, yet they forget their roots and still live their racist double standard bull shit lives.. fucking hypocrites

You are ignorant.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for me it's not. Strong was my FIRST choice, David Shaw my second. I was ECSTATIC they hired him, and so were a lot of other Texas fans.

Then you don't know what is what. I have nothing against Charlie Strong, but everyone wants Saban. Texas would have jumped in recruiting immediately into the top spots.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty neutral in regards to Charlie Strong and UT, but I don't see how his lack of public speaking skill means that he will be a poor coach.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.......everybody's different.

Leave the guy alone.

tumblr_lnrhzrBtw61qc9z2jo1_400.gif

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas is the LA of the South. #1 in plastic surgery, right in front of LA. Bunch of 30 yr olds living at home driving BMWs and Mercedes.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all that worried about QB going into the future. Class of 2014 we got the 2nd ranked dual threat QB in the country. We currently have verbally committed for the Class of 2015 the 6th ranked Pro Style QB. Ash is solid when healthy and we have him for two more years. Swoopes is an athlete trying to learn to play QB. I have no idea what to expect out of him in the future. I don't think the QB position is as dire as many believe it is. There are a whole bunch of teams in much worse positions. We are just very young behind Ash but Heard is a major talent. He was pretty unbeatable in high school in a large classification.
Might want to wait a bit before giving him the starting job.

Remember Garrett Gilbert...that 5* who was going to win the NC and Heisman,,,the below are from Wikipedia

An ESPN columnist pointed out that Gilbert was the most likely player from the camp to win the college football national championship.[11]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrett_Gilbert#cite_note-11

In January 2009, a Scouts Inc. reporter predicted Gilbert will win the Heisman Trophy before his collegiate senior season

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might want to wait a bit before giving him the starting job.

Remember Garrett Gilbert...that 5* who was going to win the NC and Heisman,,,the below are from Wikipedia
That is just poor logic. First off, Gilbert was drafted (talk about an indictment of the staff). Secondly, He is one 5 star kid. Pointing out 1 5 star failure hardly makes the pt. You want me to give you a list of 3 star failures v 3 star successes? You got 5 star guys like Adrian Petereson, Tommie Harris, McCoy, DeMarco Murray, and Granger for OU. Those guy were kind of good. You have guys like Bomar and McFarland, but overall 5 star kids have treated you well.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban would've been nice, but we would've run the risk of saban just coming to collect a check, losing the desire to win. Strong is hungry, and is a proven winner. If he can't kiss west texas coaches a## that well, that's ok as long as he wins.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Texas 5 stars for you:
Chance Mock
Vince Young
Roy Williams
Cedric Benson
Jonathan Scott
Tony Hills
Frank Okam
Roy Miller
Sergio Kindle
Jeffcoat
Mike Davis
Hicks
Edmonds
Gray
Malcolm Brown

some pretty big names that worked out as 5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Texas 5 stars for you:
Chance Mock
Roy Williams
Cedric Benson
Jonathan Scott
Tony Hills
Frank Okam
Roy Miller
Sergio Kindle
Jeffcoat
Mike Davis
Hicks
Edmonds
Gray
Malcolm Brown

some pretty big names that worked out as 5 stars.
yield.gif
If you think just having a 5* makes you the best, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. Kind of explains the last 4 years.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yield.gif
If you think just having a 5* makes you the best, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. Kind of explains the last 4 years.
-
I am not understanding how the 5 stars ruined the last 4 years. What ruined the last 4 years was a complete lack of development, coherent recruiting program, and multiple schematic changes. Alabama shows what happens when top classes are paired with excellent coaching and scheme coordination. The biggest issue I have with recruitign rankings is not the individual rankings, but the class rankings. They purely measure talent. They do not measure distribution. Texas went years under recruiting the OL. I believe Texas had a top 5 class with 2 OL one year and another without a QB. Both showed up as major issues the last 4 years. DL is likely to be a real issue in the next few years, as Mack went a class without a single DL recruit. Just to illustrate it imagine a class where you get the top 11 RBs in the country and top 11 WRs. It would be a top 5 class, but the team would be terrible.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am not understanding how the 5 stars ruined the last 4 years. What ruined the last 4 years was a complete lack of development, coherent recruiting program, and multiple schematic changes. Alabama shows what happens when top classes are paired with excellent coaching and scheme coordination. The biggest issue I have with recruitign rankings is not the individual rankings, but the class rankings. They purely measure talent. They do not measure distribution. Texas went years under recruiting the OL. I believe Texas had a top 5 class with 2 OL one year and another without a QB. Both showed up as major issues the last 4 years. DL is likely to be a real issue in the next few years, as Mack went a class without a single DL recruit. Just to illustrate it imagine a class where you get the top 11 RBs in the country and top 11 WRs. It would be a top 5 class, but the team would be terrible.
OK...so sit back, get RIVALS or ESPN and find one for each position, a 4* or 5*...bingo, recruiting is done and you've saved all that money.

Makes perfect sense.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...so sit back, get RIVALS or ESPN and find one for each position, a 4* or 5*...bingo, recruiting is done and you've saved all that money.

Makes perfect sense.

That is a bit overstated. You need to find players that end up 5 star. 4 star in March may end up a 3,4, or a 5 star. Grabbing a 5 star all purpose back in a power running game, probably wont result in the same success as it would for Oregon. You get a 350lb road grader at OG and ask with to pull and block in space, it may not work out. Once again you are trying to make a multifaceted issue into a black and gray thing.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bit overstated. You need to find players that end up 5 star. 4 star in March may end up a 3,4, or a 5 star. Grabbing a 5 star all purpose back in a power running game, probably wont result in the same success as it would for Oregon. You get a 350lb road grader at OG and ask with to pull and block in space, it may not work out. Once again you are trying to make a multifaceted issue into a black and gray thing.
Noooo...but I think we are :deadhorse:.

You said you have to get 5* as they were the best....I said 4* and 5* aren't necessarily the best, you can get a good 3* who wants to play and be coached and they would be better than a 5* who is a prima dona and thinks they are entitled. That was what happened, as I was told by the Texas guys at FN, at Texas in 2010 and Greg Davis/Mack Brown allowed it to happen....and Manny Diaz wasn't allowed to coach the D like he wanted.

But, as I said, this is a dead horse so we need to just step away and let it rot.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noooo...but I think we are :deadhorse:.

You said you have to get 5* as they were the best....I said 4* and 5* aren't necessarily the best, you can get a good 3* who wants to play and be coached and they would be better than a 5* who is a prima dona and thinks they are entitled. That was what happened, as I was told by the Texas guys at FN, at Texas in 2010 and Greg Davis/Mack Brown allowed it to happen....and Manny Diaz wasn't allowed to coach the D like he wanted.

But, as I said, this is a dead horse so we need to just step away and let it rot.
-
I just said high recruiting classes do not guarantee winning, but it is hard to win without them.

I do believe the Diaz bit. Akina was allowed to run his personal fiefdom for years. It works when your system matches his (heavy man to man). Diaz was a zone guy coming in. His schemes worked early. You dont fall apart like that without something larger playing a role. I believe that was staff turmoil.

There was a culture of rot. Prima Donnas are only that way, because they are allowed to be. Someone asked Irvin why he was so well behaved under Johnson and a problem for everyone else. He responded, "because I was scared of the man". Other issue in development has been the fact that this years seniors (offense and defense) will have worked under at least 3 different coordinators/systems in their Texas career. Not a good environment to get the best out of kids.