• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can My Huskers Win This Year?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooof.

Been a long run of average to shit awful teams for 20 years. A generation or two that doesn't remember we were actually pretty damn good at one time.

Numerous coaches of loserdom have come and gone.

B10 was the right move, yet we have gotten our asses kicked consistently.

Beat Minnesota 84-13 back in '83, and are now a near 7 point dog to start the year.

Just a bowl game would be nice again.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear female gophers have the puffiest cheeks of any species.

cornsite-crop.gif

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing it. I think they definitely improve under Rhule, but I still see them losing at least 4-5 games.

Here are the games I think they drop:

For sure losses:

Michigan, at Wisconsin

Probable losses:

at Minnesota, at Illinois, Iowa

I hope I'm wrong (with every one of them except Michigan) as a strong Nebraska team would be GREAT for the Big Ten, but Rhule is going to need a couple of seasons to turn this around to a 9-10 win team.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooof.

Been a long run of average to shit awful teams for 20 years. A generation or two that doesn't remember we were actually pretty damn good at one time.

Numerous coaches of loserdom have come and gone.

B10 was the right move, yet we have gotten our asses kicked consistently.

Beat Minnesota 84-13 back in '83, and are now a near 7 point dog to start the year.

Just a bowl game would be nice again.
Sure as hell hope so. I wanted Nebraska to carry on their strong tradition after joining, but disapppointment is an understatement. I can't believe the depths to which they've fallen. Nebraska getting back to their old ways will obviously strengthen the conference, and all of our schedules. last 10 + years it's been the equivalent of playing rutgers almost. :L

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a rebuilding season for the Huskers, it would be a success for them if they just made a bowl.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nebraska Minnesota line struck me as convenient. There's a lot of pumped up Nebraska fans. The line started at I think 7.5, and all the recent games were 1 TD MN wins. It screams Nebraska action, and I think that's what they got.

Which makes me immediately think the books think MN should win comfortably. I've read and been told by the one guy around MN I know that their DL is looking much better, and a group that was supposed to "arrive" next year might be ready this year.

Rhule is great, will probably win more than he loses against MN over the years and Nebraska will always have more paper talent, but something about the game makes me think Nebraska's about to get mauled in the trenches.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the Huskers would have taken care of business last night.

Has special Freddie said the Gophers are the team to beat in the BigTen and nationally yet?