• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie already in over his head at ut

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and there's isn't any racism in LA??? Have you forgotten the 1992 Lost Angeles Race Riot and the previous incidents? Racism is alive and well in America, all of it.

Was he even born yet?

Besides, LA made up for that by letting OJ and MJ off the hook.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the problem is, Austin wants so badly to be the LA of the MId-West, yet they forget their roots and still live their racist double standard bull shit lives.. fucking hypocrites

This straight up BS. Austin is not East Texas. Unfortunately people forget Texas is kind of large. Austin is quite liberal.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO...all the crying when he was hired, now the troops have rallied round and show support to the poor masses....

Actually, I preferred Strong and Gary Anderson. I wanted coaches that were strong on Xs and Os and young enough to potentially coach for a decade.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted You guys to take Dana Holgerson

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article was a complete hatchet job by a guy who bleeds SEC and even covered the sooners for a year. It might as well have been written by Clay Travis. He is about the only guy with more of an anti UT bias in his writings. Just goes with the territory for being the coach here. It's not like it was all rainbows and sunshine for Mack when he first got here either. And there damn sure wasn't as much competition in this state back then as it is right now. A&M was starting to decline and LSU and Oklahoma sucked. Mack Brown had all the stars align just like Sumlin did. Hot new conference and a Heisman trophy. Charlie is gonna have to earn it with wins. They hype is not currently in his corner but he can change that.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that matters is can he recruit a QB to take them to the title. He will get 3 years regardless of record unless there is a severe downturn like 2-10 or something but if he isn't in the playoffs by year 4 I could see him gone.

Ooh and this year I don't think they make a bowl game. The QB situation is not so great. The entire staff is new. The routine will be new the playbook new the terminology new. Ooh well, we will see but I'm thinking 6-7 losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been anything definite on Ash? Is he done or??
-
Should be fine for the season. Nobody seems to have any faith in him making it through the season though.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
StarD thinks Ash will win the Heisman this year. :nod:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
StarD thinks Ash will win the Heisman this year. :nod:
-
Actually was quite solid when healthy. Had a 156 passer rating a 7 TDs to 2 ints. Had a 153 passer rating the yr before. I dont doubt he will be solid. The issue is for how long.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have very little hope in Ash. Remember, he was only a little better than McCoy. That's not saying much. Now that he is been out a year, he's starting over. It's going to take him a while to get back into the groove and then he can start to develop again. Unfortunately, our first 6 games gives him very little time. I hope he surprises me, but this is going to be our weakest position and it's probably the worst spot to have it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have very little hope in Ash. Remember, he was only a little better than McCoy. That's not saying much. Now that he is been out a year, he's starting over. It's going to take him a while to get back into the groove and then he can start to develop again. Unfortunately, our first 6 games gives him very little time. I hope he surprises me, but this is going to be our weakest position and it's probably the worst spot to have it.

that is so wrong it is amazing. Case 11 Tds and 13 Ints with a 109 rating. Ash 7 TDs and 2 Ints with a 156 rating. Ole Miss game was a great highlight. By the 2nd half Ole Miss realized they could bring the secondary up and not worry about the deep ball, a significant difference to the year prior. Case was absolutely brutal. He didnt have the physical ability to play at a high level.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was a Case backer for a while, last season proved that Ash was a lot better than Case. They just need to keep him in the pocket and not have him run the ball.
Jerrod Heard, freshman QB, can pass and run. Hopefully, Texas can get him some quality backup playing time this year.
The 2014 QB that Strong has recruited, Zach Gentry, is 4 * and he's 6'6" 230#.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all that worried about QB going into the future. Class of 2014 we got the 2nd ranked dual threat QB in the country. We currently have verbally committed for the Class of 2015 the 6th ranked Pro Style QB. Ash is solid when healthy and we have him for two more years. Swoopes is an athlete trying to learn to play QB. I have no idea what to expect out of him in the future. I don't think the QB position is as dire as many believe it is. There are a whole bunch of teams in much worse positions. We are just very young behind Ash but Heard is a major talent. He was pretty unbeatable in high school in a large classification.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was a Case backer for a while, last season proved that Ash was a lot better than Case. They just need to keep him in the pocket and not have him run the ball.
Jerrod Heard, freshman QB, can pass and run. Hopefully, Texas can get him some quality backup playing time this year.
The 2015 QB that Strong has recruited, Zach Gentry, is 4 * and he's 6'6" 230#.
FIFM

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is so wrong it is amazing. Case 11 Tds and 13 Ints with a 109 rating. Ash 7 TDs and 2 Ints with a 156 rating. Ole Miss game was a great highlight. By the 2nd half Ole Miss realized they could bring the secondary up and not worry about the deep ball, a significant difference to the year prior. Case was absolutely brutal. He didnt have the physical ability to play at a high level.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. He hasn't played in a game in a long time. Practice is one thing, but when you get to the big stage, everything changes. Overall, those first six games are going to be brutal. The reason I say just a little better than McCoy is that he did have some good games, but he also had some bad ones just like McCoy. He didn't play those teams McCoy played. He played early during the easy part of the schedule. We'll see. Again, I wish him the best and I hope I'm wrong. Just have a bad feeling about the qb spot next year.