• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie already in over his head at ut

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here's this one from OrangeBloods
Young, whose career included coaching stops at SMU, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, the Houston Oilers and the New Orleans Saints, said he and the other directors aren't happy that recent stories are mischaracterizing the opinions of the clinic and it's directors by using anonymous sources.
https://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1655548

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would espenis harm their brand like that?

Makes no sense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would espenis harm their brand like that?

Makes no sense.

Why would this harm ESPN? Completely aligns to their interests.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would this harm ESPN? Completely aligns to their interests.

So....their having a vested interest in all things 'longhorn' would precipitate them putting out negative press about the newly named football coach...football being the cash cow of the whole shebang?

Not sure I follow your path here...enlighten me.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....their having a vested interest in all things 'longhorn' would precipitate them putting out negative press about the newly named football coach...football being the cash cow of the whole shebang?

ESPN investment in Texas is in the millions. ESPN investment in the SEC is in the Billions. So if you were ESPN would you rather see the state of Texas opened to the raiders from the east or have it closed down with Texas dominating the state?

Not to go all grassy knoll on you, but I think the Texas investment was ESPN's Hail Mary to stop conference realignment.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh...they gotta spin everything so it makes them look good.

No dirt in Austin...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Mornings News story is just a recap of mystatesman.com.
-
they are kid of lazy. Though the writer is a Tenn native and used to cover OU.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't read the initial AAS story it was behind their pay wall.

What should be noted was the writer was not at the clinic. He was getting his information second-hand. It reminded me of the old SWC back stabbing.
It's also quite possible that the coaches who were negative and not quoted have players that had Mack's scholarship offers and were pulled by Strong.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't read the initial AAS story it was behind their pay wall.

What should be noted was the writer was not at the clinic. He was getting his information second-hand. It reminded me of the old SWC back stabbing.
It's also quite possible that the coaches who were negative and not quoted have players that had Mack's scholarship offers and were pulled by Strong.

This right here. A lot of people do not realize how many schollies were pulled by Strong once he took over. I'm pretty sure that did piss off a lot of high school coaches. But oh well, those players were Mack's players and they did not fit Strong's system.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, WHO CARES?

The only thing that will matter is if he wins. If Strong wins, none of this wil amount to a hill of beans.

Funny, but the best "speakers" I've heard were Mack, Neuhisel and Willingham........I think I'm good with Strong being a coach first and speaker second.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the off-season.
He's actually a decent speaker. Evidently, he was a last minute addition. He probably had to cut down his Texas Comin' On Strong Tour speech and talked fast to get it all in. He was also not talking football, but talking the Longhorn's up.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, WHO CARES?

The only thing that will matter is if he wins. If Strong wins, none of this wil amount to a hill of beans.

Funny, but the best "speakers" I've heard were Mack, Neuhisel and Willingham........I think I'm good with Strong being a coach first and speaker second.
This....

It's a funny piece, but much ado about nothing...

Other than coaching, his most important part will be appeasing the alumni...esp the ones with 6 figure donations..