• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chargers Offseason Strategy - Do Nothing!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pretty much sums it up.

1) We needed help at the o-line. So: We get rid of our starting LT Gaither (who was problematic, but at least talented). We get rid of our best OG Vasquez. And we replace them with King Dunlap and Rich Ornberger. Who???

2) We needed help at LB. So: We get rid of Takeo Spikes and Shaun Phillips. And we replace them with - Nobody.

3) We needed help at CB. So: We allow Antoine Cason to walk.

4) We needed help at WR. So: We refuse to sign Denario Alexander. However, we did just bring in Dan Depalma. That'll be a great move for the practice squad.

As of now, I don't think we even have a kicker as we haven't signed him either.

I guess we are hoping we will somehow get about 20 draft picks. Frustrating!:smash::smash:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Alexander was tendered. Nobody has signed him to an offersheet so I think he'll be a Charger next season.

There are a lot of holes to fill. That's why I'm against trading up. In fact I wouldn't mind trading down & adding more picks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Rivers, somebody will pay out the ass for him and you guys could use the picks. Start from scratch and rebuild. He doesn't factor into the long term plan so why not?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Rivers, somebody will pay out the ass for him and you guys could use the picks. Start from scratch and rebuild. He doesn't factor into the long term plan so why not?

I wanted to trade him a year ago. The problem is they have NOBODY to take his place. I agree they could get a decent return for Rivers, but this years QB class is AWFUL.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get rid of a Pro-Bowl caliber QB??

83239238.gif

We're not getting anybody better than him in FA and no way in hell is there a better QB than him in this draft. Way too risky.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pretty much sums it up.

1) We needed help at the o-line. So: We get rid of our starting LT Gaither (who was problematic, but at least talented). We get rid of our best OG Vasquez. And we replace them with King Dunlap and Rich Ornberger. Who???

2) We needed help at LB. So: We get rid of Takeo Spikes and Shaun Phillips. And we replace them with - Nobody.

3) We needed help at CB. So: We allow Antoine Cason to walk.

Jammer to the skins is the word on the street...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just signed Chris Gronkowski today.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know.... I think it's a little funny that you say the Chargers off-season strategy has been "do nothing".

They did the smartest thing I've seen them do since they signed L.T. They cleaned house from coaching to upper management.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of a Pro-Bowl caliber QB??

83239238.gif

We're not getting anybody better than him in FA and no way in hell is there a better QB than him in this draft. Way too risky.

Yes but you're talking like you're competing this year or next which you most likely are not. Who knows where Rivers will be at health/careerwise 3 years from now? Load up on o-line/d-line and worry about a QB when those are intact. Good o-lines make mediocre QBs pro-bowlers.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know.... I think it's a little funny that you say the Chargers off-season strategy has been "do nothing".

They did the smartest thing I've seen them do since they signed L.T. They cleaned house from coaching to upper management.

I agree completely. Loved our coaching and gm changes at first. However - thus far through offseason we have only created more holes to fill.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Alexander was tendered. Nobody has signed him to an offersheet so I think he'll be a Charger next season.

There are a lot of holes to fill. That's why I'm against trading up. In fact I wouldn't mind trading down & adding more picks.

I'm torn on this one. I agree with the premise - but the loss of Vasquez makes me reconsider. I think we could still get warmack or cooper, both who could be franchise guards. Then we could still get Watson or armstead in the second for ot.

It's a tough call.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this changes anything, but...

Last edited by a moderator:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw one mock draft where we traded up and got one of the 2 premiere tackles. I like the pick, but we have so many holes to fill.

Warmack and Armstead or Joekel and no 2nd round pick?