• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: TNF: Cardinals @ Seahawks 8:20/5:20 FOX

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things that need to be cleaned up like stupid penalties by the D on 3rd down. That selfish PF by Diggs on Hopkins really gave the Cards momentum when their offense was doing jack shit all game. We would have had another 3 and out because that pass wasn't even close. Maybe a little ticky tack but it was a valid call. And Diggs didn't need to be going for the big hit there.Then Wags compounds it a few plays later with a somewhat lazy horsecollar. If the Cards would have come back, I would have pointed to that drive and those penalties as the culprit. Thankfully, it didn't come to that.
And DK, god I love everything the kid brings to the table but the drops ain't good. That one pass hit him in the visor for an easy TD. And another one on the crosser hit him on the hands but he started looking where he was going too early. Gotta look those in but I won't be too harsh. Most young receivers go through that. But it is something he needs to work on.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things that need to be cleaned up like stupid penalties by the D on 3rd down. That selfish PF by Diggs on Hopkins really gave the Cards momentum when their offense was doing jack shit all game. We would have had another 3 and out because that pass wasn't even close. Maybe a little ticky tack but it was a valid call. And Diggs didn't need to be going for the big hit there.Then Wags compounds it a few plays later with a somewhat lazy horsecollar. If the Cards would have come back, I would have pointed to that drive and those penalties as the culprit. Thankfully, it didn't come to that.
And DK, god I love everything the kid brings to the table but the drops ain't good. That one pass hit him in the visor for an easy TD. And another one on the crosser hit him on the hands but he started looking where he was going too early. Gotta look those in but I won't be too harsh. Most young receivers go through that. But it is something he needs to work on.

Did you see the post game interviews? DK was kind of laughing at that missed TD and he said Russ did him dirty with the throw. DK claims that Wilson told him afterwards that that pass was the fastest ball he's ever thrown. Lol, if that's true I guess it might have surprised DK with how hot that pass was coming at him. On TV it didn't seem like it was much different than a lot of fastballs Russ throws, but I guess DK would know better than me.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the post game interviews? DK was kind of laughing at that missed TD and he said Russ did him dirty with the throw. DK claims that Wilson told him afterwards that that pass was the fastest ball he's ever thrown. Lol, if that's true I guess it might have surprised DK with how hot that pass was coming at him. On TV it didn't seem like it was much different than a lot of fastballs Russ throws, but I guess DK would know better than me.
Yeah, it was definitely a heater and I'm pretty sure D.K. will be more prepared for the next time. When I first heard it on the broadcast, I though it must have hit the upright or something with the sound it made but then saw the replay and saw the doink right between the eyes. Just think, on the old days that would have likely took the receiver's eye out. Or at least, stuck in the facemask.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was a hotshot but thats how those balls are always thrown and DK has caught them before so has Baldwin when he was here and Lockette and Lockett and Kearse. To be honest i think the visor has to go because my belief is he didn't pick it up as soon as he could because the dark visor and the dark football and the dark Cards ( black ) jersey. I honestly believe because of the 5 foot height of that pass he lost it in the jerseys so he located it late. Funny thing is even though it smacked him in the face it still fell straight between his arms pretty much lol.

also maybe if he removes the face shield that ball sticks in his facemask LMAO! THUNK!
"If you don't catch the ball i will make you catch it" Wilson 2020 lol
"i laugh at your one handed catches, i can do no hands catches" DK Metcalf 2020

ahaha we would have the no hands catch and the butt catch :pound:

Last edited:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was definitely a heater and I'm pretty sure D.K. will be more prepared for the next time. When I first heard it on the broadcast, I though it must have hit the upright or something with the sound it made but then saw the replay and saw the doink right between the eyes. Just think, on the old days that would have likely took the receiver's eye out. Or at least, stuck in the facemask.

Lol, well he'll be more ready for it next time. Thankfully it didn't kill us in the end.

And FYI, here's a fun fact for ya, You don't need to put periods in DK's name. It's DK not D.K. because it's not two separate names. His name is DeKaylin Zecharius "DK" Metcalf.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DB covering him got in his head, he let him get in his head.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Pete is a hall of famer....Im sure DK was too jacked up. He will learn to calm down.

Or he'll be Terrell Owens 2.0 (which is EXACTLY what he is at the moment). Insane strength, speed, athleticism, and route running.... complete with stone hands.

Mind you I'd be completely fine with that. He's already Terrell Owens 2.0 with the chance to be better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he'll be Terrell Owens 2.0 (which is EXACTLY what he is at the moment). Insane strength, speed, athleticism, and route running.... complete with stone hands.

Mind you I'd be completely fine with that. He's already Terrell Owens 2.0 with the chance to be better.

to be fair Metcalf's true catch rate is 83.3% and that really is not that bad but it needs to be closer to 90%. These are balls that are within a couple yards of you or hit your hands. His Drop rate is 4.2% that means he drops 4 out of a 100 that hit him in the hands. this doesn't factor in contested balls or 50/50 balls.

DK's drops are always pretty big ones so they stick out more and he does "seem" to do it a little more than he should but not much when you look at him as a 2nd year WR that was actually still a little raw coming out of college because the lack of playing time ( health issues ). Sure he is no Lockett who is at 92% true catch rate but not many are. BTW Locketts drop rate, 5.1% ... see what i mean by saying Metcalfs just stand out more? Lockett actually is at over 72% on contested balls though and Metcalf is around 43%. For DK thats got to go up, he is just to big for it to be like that.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair Metcalf's true catch rate is 83.3% and that really is not that bad but it needs to be closer to 90%. These are balls that are within a couple yards of you or hit your hands. His Drop rate is 4.2% that means he drops 4 out of a 100 that hit him in the hands. this doesn't factor in contested balls or 50/50 balls.

DK's drops are always pretty big ones so they stick out more and he does "seem" to do it a little more than he should but not much when you look at him as a 2nd year WR that was actually still a little raw coming out of college because the lack of playing time ( health issues ). Sure he is no Lockett who is at 92% true catch rate but not many are. BTW Locketts drop rate, 5.1% ... see what i mean by saying Metcalfs just stand out more? Lockett actually is at over 72% on contested balls though and Metcalf is around 43%. For DK thats got to go up, he is just to big for it to be like that.

Yah I'm just trying to draw some comparison. Owens was a beast, had he been able to Larry Fitzgerald it (or be CLOSE) he would've been far more dominant. Owens' drop rate was closer to 10%, it was pretty bad.

But everything else draws a similar comparison. Owens was also a pretty big gap between targets/catches as well (meaning a lot of balls were thrown his way but not always secured - could be due to route running, ability to get separation, quickness, etc.). Again similar with Metcalf.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm not gonna get too down on DK yet. I would like to see him improve on those contested balls and I think he will when he starts to figure out what those DBs are doing to him and use his leverage and size to block them out. If the kid continues to improve at the rate he's going, the Hawks have a great WR for a long time and I'm happy with our group out there.