• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: TNF: Cardinals @ Seahawks 8:20/5:20 FOX

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beauty of a sack to finish that game. Defense had a bounce back game tonight. Offense looked good. Wilson with no turnovers.

As usual, these ##$%s have to have it decided in the last minute to knock more time off my life span, but overall, nice bounce back game for the Hawks. 7-3 record. Still on track for a playoff run. Go Hawks!!!!

And the Best part............................

No Bickering between us happy people

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad game but you would really have liked to see Seattle close out that drive where they got the FG with a TD. Instead they gave life to the Cards. Still the Defense played the best we have seen them play all year long and it started out like that. What i mean is even the Cards first series you could see that the defense was in a different mode, Cards looked lost and confused.

Good game to build off of and now into the mini bye and we should have a lot of our horses back next week. I want to see this defense every week. Sure not a top 10 defense but it was very much respectable for 99% of the game. The Sack was fitting as the Hawks just said NOPE not even going to let you try and throw it lol. Dunlap is paying off big right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad game but you would really have liked to see Seattle close out that drive where they got the FG with a TD. Instead they gave life to the Cards. Still the Defense played the best we have seen them play all year long and it started out like that. What i mean is even the Cards first series you could see that the defense was in a different mode, Cards looked lost and confused.

Good game to build off of and now into the mini buy and we should have a lot of our horses back next week. I want to see this defense every week. Sure not a top 10 defense but it was very much respectable for 99% of the game. The Sack was fitting as the just said NOPE not even going to let you try and throw it lol. Dunlap is paying off big right now.

If we can get Shaq and Carson back next week that'll be huge... although now we're coming into a cupcake 4 games with 3 NFC East teams and the Jets lol.

But if anything it'd give them some time to ease into it and get back up to speed before the playoffs and the last two division games to close out the season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game but a lot of weird shit happened. Hyde played well, scarborough is incredibly soft for a big back

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am impressed with how the defense held up against one of the best offenses in the NFL. We shut down the run and said Beat us through the air! Shockingly Flowers was every bit the physical DB they needed on Hopkins, Had him in crybaby mode if you get my drift on him pointing at his head crying for the flag on a nice shoulder hit. Offense could have played better also, we all know it, but they played a nice clean game and kept the Cards offense off the field.

We all been hating on Ken Norton and when you see a coaching job like tonight you have to tip your hat. Now keep playing like that and start forcing those TO's again and we got something going.

Defense made me proud tonight. ( thats how bad it has been oof )

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos and Carlos as offensive and defensive players of the game?

Hyde was a hammer out there looking for seams and initiating contact. The numbers were decent but not indicative of his impact, which was huge!

Dunlap with 2 sacks, and 3 QB hits including the game closer. Not sure what his pressure numbers were but the boys did a pretty good job of applying pressure and also kept "mini-Russ" Murray from running amok. Good stuff!

An efficent and effective Russ focused and looking to take off with his feet was fun to watch. That is his game right there, not the 40+ passes games, but the blend with his arm and legs.

Hope the injuries are minimal. Olsen like an IR candidate to me. Not sure about Shell's status yet. I would hate to lose an OL starter.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, fascia tear for Olsen. That might be his career considering his age.

I guess Shell's might not be so bad. At this point they say that he might not miss any games considering the long break until the next game.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game for the defense it looked like the defense had been coached and prepared for the game, one of the drives came from a ton of penalties that keep giving Arizona more opportunities to move the ball. This is coming off a week where Hopkins caught a game winning TD and for 5 straight weeks that offense has been putting up 30+ points.

As far as the offense goes I have said this once and I will say this many times we need to have atleast a respectable run game and good things go our way. Carlos Hyde did well ripping off a couple of big runs and running it into the endzone for a TD. Having both him and Carson next week will be great for us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am impressed with how the defense held up against one of the best offenses in the NFL. We shut down the run and said Beat us through the air! Shockingly Flowers was every bit the physical DB they needed on Hopkins, Had him in crybaby mode if you get my drift on him pointing at his head crying for the flag on a nice shoulder hit. Offense could have played better also, we all know it, but they played a nice clean game and kept the Cards offense off the field.

We all been hating on Ken Norton and when you see a coaching job like tonight you have to tip your hat. Now keep playing like that and start forcing those TO's again and we got something going.

Defense made me proud tonight. ( thats how bad it has been oof )

Mmm not so sure on Norton. I wonder if Carroll stepped in and was like: "Alright.... go stand in the corner, I'll take it from here."

Still rather concerned Carroll said after the Bills game: "We didn't expect the run." But I'm not sure exactly what that means with 'we'. Carroll has never thrown coaches under the bus, so he'd shoulder the blame as well even if it was Norton's plan.

Either way it was a nice defensive effort for a change. Murray was obviously impacted by that hit in the 1st quarter though. He was missing some throws he'd normally make and seemed gun shy.

Also I'm loving Dunlap. Was rather annoyed even though he made the sack and ended the game there was no flag as the OT clearly had him hooked around the neck. I've been wanting Seattle to get him for YEARS (wanted us to draft him) and FINALLY. Too bad he's 32 but I think he's got some left in the tank. Cincy never really used him full time early in his career.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really solid and timely win. Probably the overall best performance we have seen from the defense in quite some time. My other thoughts:
  • The offense is much more complete and capable of controlling the game when we have a RB on the field who can run physically and between the tackles. DeeJay Dallas has talents to offer, but that's not one of them, and it's been sorely missing the previous 3 games.
  • I think we got hosed really bad on 2 calls: the bogus holding on D Lewis that wiped away a 40 yard dime to DK, and the cheesy personal foul on Diggs when he hit Hopkins over the middle. This game potentially looks much different without those 2 crap penalties.
  • The D is coming around. It was formidable in the 2nd half of the lousy Rams game, and it was solid to even impressive for the vast majority of last night's game. 2 of AZ's TD drives were penalty aided charity events, and they didn't hurt us down field really at any time. Kyler Murray was held in check. Put the starting CBs back out there with the other 9, and this unit may actually be on the verge of average. Dunlap has been a great addition, and LJ Collier had a nice game as well.
  • I don't cheer for injuries, but I'm happy to see Dissly getting worked in more if Olsen is out for a while.
  • DK missed a couple opportunities to have a multi-TD night. That one at the very end of the half hit him square in the chops, and I think earlier on that same drive is when he dropped that shallow crosser -- not sure he wouldn't have housed that. He doesn't have the greatest hands, but he let a couple big chances get away there.
12-4 should be the worst record this team ends up with if they can just avoid more catastrophic injury the rest of the way. Find a way to beat the Rams at home, and running the table from here could really be a thing when the other opponents are most of the NFL's sad sacks: Philly, NYG, NYJ, FT, and 49ers. A single loss against those teams will be disappointing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few takeaways from last night:
  • DK was pretty much abusing Patrick Peterson last night... That one crossing route where he dropped the pass could've been taken 45 yards for the TD with his speed... PP was 4 yards behind DK and wouldn't have had a shot... Also the TD DK dropped in the EZ didn't help... He could've had a (3) TD night had he not had the dropsies...
  • Great to see us get a sack rather quickly on the last play of the game with just 4 down linemen rushing... We didn't need to blitz much... Our front 4 was putting pressure on Murray consistently during the game... That was huge... Helps our DB's for sure...
  • Speaking of DB's, I feel like DJ Reed has been playing pretty good the last few games... Solid backup DB for sure...
  • Dunlap has 3.5 sacks, 6 QB Hits, 5 TFL for us in just 3 games... I'd say we're definitely getting our monies worth with him... He was our closer last night finishing the game w/ a sack
  • Having a much more balanced Offense makes RW that much more efficient and a better caretaker of the ball... Hyde is still a starting quality back in this league... Glad he was able to suit up last night - made a huge difference with our offense and how the Card's defense had to play us...
  • Defense played decent last week but definitely played very well last night... Hopefully it's a sign of things to come because we're going to need them if we're going to win our division and games in the postseason...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D played the contain game against murray, they refused to overpursue and give him free lanes to run in. Actual game planning on D is nice to see.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came across this alert on my phone on Tuesday. It seems to ring true after the game last night.

Its in the video. Which makes me think....

Is our defense playing like shit a devirson to learn what a team does offensively so we can adjust accordingly?
lol, our defense is playing like shit (last game excluded) because that's how they have been playing this year: like shit. It has nothing to do with some strategy to learn other teams offensive schemes or whatever. That is really quite a bizarre theory. Especially since there is only 3 other teams that we play more than once each year. What advantage would there be for our defense to play like shit (on purpose) against the Bills for example?

No, its much easier to figure out than that wacky theory. There is no 4D chess. There is no Machiavellian mastermind scheme at play. The defense has simply been playing like shit. Some of that is due to injuries. But mostly I think it has to do with coaching and preparation and game-planning. But it's most definitely NOT because we want to learn the other teams offense (the hard way I guess).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i think they "learned" what not to do in the first game not that they played like shit to learn what not to do as that makes ZERO sense lol