• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP SEMIFINAL: Clemson (13-0) vs Ohio State (13-0) 8pm ET ESPN

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If frogs could fly

The fact remains, they didn’t and to continually claim but,but,but is the reason we all laugh at osu
Dude, you're a michigan fan. Please believe me when I tell you that there are way, way more people laughing at michigan than at OSU.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it's wild to think guys who have dedicated their entire lives to a sport, as a player or analyst, would have even the foggiest idea of what the rules are. It's obviously much more valid coming from an anonymous poster on a message board.

Yeah, because people who haven't played in college in 15 years are definitely experts on college rules.

Hell, many of the announcers who do this for a living need rules analysts to tell them the rules.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because people who haven't played in college in 15 years are definitely experts on college rules.

Hell, many of the announcers who do this for a living need rules analysts to tell them the rules.
I'd take their opinion over yours, as would any logical human being. Officials are human beings who make mistakes. We saw that tonight.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, there was indisputable evidence to overturn. The rules analyst clearly laid it out in case you weren't paying attention.
What was the indisputable evidence? Was it the two hands possessing the ball the entire time? Was it how he never once bobbled it? Or was it the 3-4 steps he took before the ball came out?

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wanted to see Buckeyes vs LSU in the final game. I think they are both great teams. I just look back at the Big Ten championship game. Buckeyes had no answer in first half. Then they roar back and win. I really think a team that can do that is not gonna let two damn calls ruin their trip to the national championship game. I mean they didn't fold when Wisconsin was beating them, but gonna fold on two calls in the playoff game?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case, then why were you so concerned that I used "three exclamation points", in my comment #914?

because it seemed out of place.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The referees also blew the football into the uprights NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE in last year's Bears playoff game.
Nah, that was all the bears sucking. I called it. I doubled down after the eagles iced the kicker after making the first fg.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the indisputable evidence? Was it the two hands possessing the ball the entire time? Was it how he never once bobbled it? Or was it the 3-4 steps he took before the ball came out?

Why is there this obsession with the number of steps?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wanted to see Buckeyes vs LSU in the final game. I think they are both great teams. I just look back at the Big Ten championship game. Buckeyes had no answer in first half. Then they roar back and win. I really think a team that can do that is not gonna let two damn calls ruin their trip to the national championship game. I mean they didn't fold when Wisconsin was beating them, but gonna fold on two calls in the playoff game?

Even better would be for the Buckeyes not to commit stupid penalties like the targeting to begin with.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t really fold. The fought back. It just came up short. Had the referees made the right calls in the fumble return for a TD and not thrown out the player for targeting, the buckeyes probably win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
facemask to facemask doesn’t equal targeting. When the defender’s head is down and he makes contact with the crown of his helmet to the ball carriers helmet it’s targeting, which is exactly what happened
Not when the runner ducks down to cause the contact.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there this obsession with the number of steps?
...seriously? The number of steps a player takes with the ball secured is basically the universal measure of what constitutes a completion. Here's the even simpler definition from the NCAA rule book:

Player possession
The ball is in player possession when a player has the ball firmly in his grasp by holding or controlling it while contacting the ground inbounds.

It was clearly, by definition, a catch. There's simply no argument to the counter.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I sound like a sore loser? It sucks, my team lost, but I'm fine. In fact, I'm even going so far to predict that Clemson will win next week...

That's not that far-fetched.

I remember the first ever playoff when Oregon blew out Florida State and looked unbeatable!

Much like LSU today.

And then....

Hell, you are an Ohio State fan.

I don't have to tell you how that story ended.