• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Rankings Week 12

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes back to the committees ever changing "criteria"

Remember when they claimed conference championships mattered?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively for sure, last years defense was a train wreck. Its night and day this year
No doubt. Thought O would take a step back as Haskins had maybe the best season I've seen from a QB here and who knew what we'd get from Fields. Never expected with same personnel mostly on D we could improve so much because of scheme.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU gets left out if Oregon and Utah both go into the Pac title game with 1 loss IMO.

That sets a strange precedent if they put LSU in over 1 loss Oregon/Utah in that situation. Basically says the SEC championship game didnt matter at all. And that really neither did the PAC title game, since 1 loss beating 1 loss did nothing for Oregon/Utah except get a seat behind a LSU team that just lost a championship game.
That's when they'll play the "4 best teams" card even though there is really nothing factual to guarantee they got that right.

I think we know they pick the teams they want THEN comes the narrative.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's when they'll play the "4 best teams" card even though there is really nothing factual to guarantee they got that right.

Exactly, the criteria changes constantly based on narrative. Which of course is complete BS

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Thought O would take a step back as Haskins had maybe the best season I've seen from a QB here and who knew what we'd get from Fields. Never expected with same personnel mostly on D we could improve so much because of scheme.

Fields has been better than I thought throwing the ball, thought hed be more run first than he has been.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, the criteria changes constantly based on narrative. Which of course is complete BS
Other than an 8 team playoff if I could change anything about the current format it would be more set criteria/rules for selection.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The weight given to each criteria changes because the circumstances are dynamic and there's really no way around that without removing the subjective element altogether...Which is almost impossible due to the structure of CFB and thus why this complaint will always resurface.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields has been better than I thought throwing the ball, thought hed be more run first than he has been.
Me, too.....remember thinking in the first game or 2 he might be too much like Barrett. Barrett an outstanding QB, so don't get me wrong.....in the sense that Barrett seemed to only throw to wide open WRs and was reluctant to go deep. That is clearly not the case.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, too.....remember thinking in the first game or 2 he might be too much like Barrett. Barrett an outstanding QB, so don't get me wrong.....in the sense that Barrett seemed to only throw to wide open WRs and was reluctant to go deep. That is clearly not the case.

My only knock on fields is id actually wish he would run a little bit more. Sometimes he will hold the ball too long looking for a receiver when there is open room to take off.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They matter as a tiebreaker. No 1 loss nonchamp has been taken over a 1loss champ. That won't change this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weight given to each criteria changes because the circumstances are dynamic and there's really no way around that without removing the subjective element altogether...Which is almost impossible due to the structure of CFB and thus why this complaint will always resurface.
And you told me to chill?

comical.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only knock on fields is id actually wish he would run a little bit more. Sometimes he will hold the ball too long looking for a receiver when there is open room to take off.
I think if they had a backup they could trust he would.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand the rankings 5 thru 10. They just dont seen to make any kind of logical sense. Clearly theyre not using resume and it doesnt appear theyre using eye test either

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't it completely reasonable for a 12-1 LSU to be picked over a 12-1 Utah/Oregon?

LSU would have wins over: Alabama, UF and Auburn with the loss to UGA
Oregon would have wins over: Utah and USC with the loss to Auburn
Utah would have wins over Oregon and ?? With a loss USC.

It's pretty clear that LSU has the better collection of wins and better loss. Also the gap between LSU and Oregon and Utah could be much larger than the 5/6 spots would indicate in their ranking.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it completely reasonable for a 12-1 LSU to be picked over a 12-1 Utah/Oregon?

LSU would have wins over: Alabama, UF and Auburn with the loss to UGA
Oregon would have wins over: Utah and USC with the loss to Auburn
Utah would have wins over Oregon and ?? With a loss USC.

It's pretty clear that LSU has the better collection of wins and better loss. Also the gap between LSU and Oregon and Utah could be much larger than the 5/6 spots would indicate in their ranking.

LSU loses conference championship game

ORegon/Utah win conference championship game

basically saying conference championship games dont matter if you put LSU in over Oregon/Utah

What was the point in LSU/UGA even playing? Might as well cancel the game and just go to the playoff with both

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU loses conference championship game

ORegon/Utah win conference championship game

basically saying conference championship games dont matter if you put LSU in over Oregon/Utah

What was the point in LSU/UGA even playing? Might as well cancel the game and just go to the playoff with both

I just think it's dumb to penalize a team that clearly has a collection of better wins, and the better loss, while both having the same record. You would be rewarding a team for clearly having a worse regular season, and then beating a lesser opponent in a CCG. I just don't see how one can justify putting Utah/Oregon ahead of LSU should they lose. That would be Utah's only win against a ranked team.

If UGA was 12-0, there would be no point in playing it IMO, because at that point they'd both deserve to go.