• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Favored to Land Griffin?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's nearly as good of a fit as Hayward.

They need rim protection and rebounding out of a big.

Now Hayward, that's the guy for now.

and sell fucking high on IT. Dear god sell high.

and he's white, which we all know is a priority in Boston

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics have a lot of money and Ainge intends to spend it if he can land the right guy.

Hayward is their primary target. Supposedly, Utah can make him the best financial offer, but signing with them means never, ever having a shot at a ring. Playing with the Celtics could give him that opportunity within the next two to three years.

Griffin is interesting but he would be a secondary choice if Ainge can't convince Hayward to move east.

Rumors here in NE are that the Celtics are trying to pry Saric from the 76ers, the go balls to the wall after Hayward with a Max.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics have a lot of money and Ainge intends to spend it if he can land the right guy.

Hayward is their primary target. Supposedly, Utah can make him the best financial offer, but signing with them means never, ever having a shot at a ring. Playing with the Celtics could give him that opportunity within the next two to three years.

Griffin is interesting but he would be a secondary choice if Ainge can't convince Hayward to move east.

Rumors here in NE are that the Celtics are trying to pry Saric from the 76ers, the go balls to the wall after Hayward with a Max.

I'm almost certain if they renounced enough rights, they could sign 2 max guys. Or so I read.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Hayward MAY be a great player down the line.. Thats not what the Celtics (Nor the league needs at the moment). Teams need to be become instant contenders within the NEXT YEAR. If they are only a guy or two away from finals appearances.

You can't sit around and wait for players and bring in young guys. (Not if you're only missing a piece or two to being legit contenders) . It takes years for them to develop.

Heyward is still a work in progress and won't be ready for a few years (Depending on how he develops).

Unless.. You guys enjoy watching the Cavs/Warriors own the league and see another PATHETIC post season like we had this year.

Celtics pick up Griffin they are legit contenders to the finals next year. Celtics pick up Hayward, they won't get over the Cleveland hump. Thats the point.

Celtics need to be contenders to overtake the Cavs. Not just improve with adding another guy. And really they need to pick up a legit top superstar.. Someone better than Griffin though Griffin would do.

Spurs will pick up CP3 chances are and that should be enough to put them over the Warriors.

Celtics need to do the same

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh... I'll take Griffin over Hayward (If I want finals appearances NOW) I dont trust too many of the white boys under pressure outside of Larry Legend/Dirk . Look at Love in the finals.. Elimination game and this guy gives what 6-8 point effort? WTF. Griffin brings the athleticism and explosion and hes more mature as a player in terms of experience.

Heyward needs some more seasoning. Great piece long term but Boston wants to be contenders NOW.

The only question mark with Griffin is health. He should have made a move out of LA sooner IMO
You would rather have a oftbroken Dude over a player that is younger, better and not always hurt, just because he has slightly more pigmentation in his skin color?

Seriously, @trojanfan12 ...who do I have to blow to get this Dude banished?

* Waits for all the post notifications stating me, with raised hands*

s-l1000.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread has turned

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When @Mecca not only wants someone banned, but actually uses the word banished in her request...

that poster gotz ta go.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should go to Boston - A PF is a missing link for them - But might be too tempted to take the money with the Clips.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong

Hayward isn't leaving Salt Lake City. He'll get paid and will be the face of the Jazz for his entire career.

All the reports I've been reading have stated otherwise. Unless you have access to information I haven't seen I highly doubt he stays with the Jazz. They would've probably paid him by now if that was true. I think teaming up with his old coach and joining another team with an elite score is very intriguing for him.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the reports I've been reading have stated otherwise. Unless you have access to information I haven't seen I highly doubt he stays with the Jazz. They would've probably paid him by now if that was true. I think teaming up with his old coach and joining another team with an elite score is very intriguing for him.

I hope he don't go to Boston. He would sure soften up their perimeter defense in a LeBron-dominated conference.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he don't go to Boston. He would sure soften up their perimeter defense in a LeBron-dominated conference.

Hayward is a good defender and Lebron is 33 next year and fading away with a team that has two other stars that are always injured. Boston will be the front runner in the East next season with Hayward and Fultz.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is a good defender and Lebron is 33 next year and fading away with a team that has two other stars that are always injured. Boston will be the front runner in the East next season with Hayward and Fultz.

Hayward isn't going to Boston. He's staying in Utah making fat stacks of paper. His team, his town.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most overrated player in the NBA hands down

I think Ainge is fantastic, Id be surprised if he wasted cap money on this total stiff

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he goes to Boston and stays healthy than Cleveland isn't coming out of the East. Boston is. Why not make the move? Clips have NO CHANCE of ever making it out of the West anyways.

Griffin isn't getting any younger. If he wants a ship he needs to collude like Lebron has been doing for the last 7 years and Durant did last year

This guy^^^^^

LMAO