• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Favored to Land Griffin?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Hayward MAY be a great player down the line.. Thats not what the Celtics (Nor the league needs at the moment). Teams need to be become instant contenders within the NEXT YEAR. If they are only a guy or two away from finals appearances.

First sign that someone doesn't know anything about Hayward lol. Down the line? He's an all-star NOW and is in his prime. Now is the time to get him. He would immediately be the best player on the Celtics.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics lost to Cleveland at home by an average of 30 points per

Celtics never once, not for one second had the lead AT HOME vs Cleveland in that series, not even 4-2

The Celtics are not nearly as close to Cleveland as people think

Id give the Wizards and Raptors, and maybe even the Bucks, as good a shot in the East next season, as the Celtics

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I could see them trading for Love though.

Love for a package including Bradley, Crowder, and a PF/C.

I wouldn't want Love if it took all of those guys

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His thinking might be that adding in Jae Crowder gives them a bit more financial flexibility to sign Hayward. BOS will have a logjam at the guard position and can probably afford to move AB to get JB more playing time.

BOS gets #3, Saric, and signs Hayward
PHI gets Fultz, AB, and Crowder

So, in reality, the trade is : Fultz for Saric and Jackson (or whomever you think would be the #3 pick).

They don't need more cap space to sign Hayward.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need more cap space to sign Hayward.

Sparhawk said it gives them more financial flexibility, which is a fact. As it stands, Boston needs to make a series of moves if they're going to offer a max contract to Hayward, one of them could be dumping Crowder somewhere.

Now, maybe Hayward doesn't command a max contract but my money is on him getting several max contract offers.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparhawk said it gives them more financial flexibility, which is a fact. As it stands, Boston needs to make a series of moves if they're going to offer a max contract to Hayward, one of them could be dumping Crowder somewhere.

Now, maybe Hayward doesn't command a max contract but my money is on him getting several max contract offers.

This is their last year with any flexibility.

Either they get a stud FA or the end up losing a bunch anyway over the next two summers (KO, Smart, IT, etc).

They can selectively choose who they want.

Either way they SHOULD be selling high on IT. So they don't need much. Crowder doesn't make enough for it to really matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is their last year with any flexibility.

Either they get a stud FA or the end up losing a bunch anyway over the next two summers (KO, Smart, IT, etc).

They can selectively choose who they want.

Either way they SHOULD be selling high on IT. So they don't need much. Crowder doesn't make enough for it to really matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

That's the elephant in the room.

ITs trade value might never be higher than right now.
But, turning over the keys to a rookie could prove disastrous.

On the other hand, keeping IT signals that must already have a plan in place to re-sign him. I cannot imagine them losing IT for nothing as an UFA at the end of next season. Unless Fultz plays spectacularly well and they can afford to trade IT at the deadline???

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, what could Boston get for IT?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want Love if it took all of those guys

Really? They have to decide to pay Bradley or IT next summer (or neither), and if they get Hayward, Crowder is now depth.

IT3, Fultz, Hayward, Love, Horford sound like quite an upgrade to me. They still have Rozier and Smart to back up IT3 and Fultz, and Brown to back up Hayward.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the elephant in the room.

ITs trade value might never be higher than right now.
But, turning over the keys to a rookie could prove disastrous.

On the other hand, keeping IT signals that must already have a plan in place to re-sign him. I cannot imagine them losing IT for nothing as an UFA at the end of next season. Unless Fultz plays spectacularly well and they can afford to trade IT at the deadline???

That trade value took a hit with his injury though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? They have to decide to pay Bradley or IT next summer (or neither), and if they get Hayward, Crowder is now depth.

IT3, Fultz, Hayward, Love, Horford sound like quite an upgrade to me. They still have Rozier and Smart to back up IT3 and Fultz, and Brown to back up Hayward.

yeah that is true

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't think I'd go for Griffin if I'm Boston. I'd rather get Hayward.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ken i cannot understand that deal at all. Swap picks, Boston gives up AB and Philly gives up Saric. Even that has me nervous. Take a look at the top 10 players in the 2018 draft. Tons of stud bigs coming out (some from high school)

I have a hard time looking forward to tomorrow, let alone next week's draft. 2018 is like light years away.

The Celtic absolutely have to clean up this roster. They've got players stashed in the D league, stashed in Europe, stashed in the Far East. They cannot move forward with the bunch of maybes. Don't place too high a value on half of this team. Saric would be a steal for the #1. If the C's could add a couple of guys and get the #3 that would be grand theft.