• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '20'21 - The Young and the Restless

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's already have a pretty decent platoon at the 5 spot... (Tristan Thompson and Daniel Theis)...

... if we're doing a cost/benefit analysis... the idea of going after Gobert doesn't seem good at all.

i really like him in say GS or Brooklyn.

Ball dominant stars. They need that monster D in the middle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really like him in say GS or Brooklyn.

Ball dominant stars. They need that monster D in the middle.

Not GS.

If Wiseman develops he will a better fit than Gobert.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice seeing Team Green back on the floor tonight. Here are my observations from the 1st preseason game:
  • The game was (predictably) ugly. Most players on the C's couldn't find the bucket with a map. A lot of turnovers, too... ugly.
  • Teague was an exception. His stroke looked good... he hit a bunch of 3's.
  • Out of the young guys... I really liked what I saw out of Nesmith. Not that he shot the ball particularly well, but he had some glimmers out there... a drive to the basket, a play on defense... where he really looked the part. Nesmith is a legitimate NBA athlete... he may be able to contribute right away.
  • Pritchard looked decent too. He's gonna struggle some on defense... but he looked like he belonged out there. I liked Pritchard's moxie, he wasn't afraid to try to make plays and to shoot.
  • Carsen Edwards was really disappointing. I don't know what happened to him... of course he was a stud in college, but he also had moments where he dazzled during summer league and preseason last year... however, dude just looks like a dud out there now. Carsen's a liability on defense (period), so if he's not scoring then he's worthless. Right now, he's worthless.
That's about it. Next game this Friday... ESPN.
2nd preseason game done and the the preseason in the books... more thoughts...
  • The C's, again, couldn't put the ball in the bucket. Brown and Tatum have shot horribly... really, the majority of the team has.
  • Not many bright spots at all in the 2nd game. Teague has looked decent. That's about all I got.
  • Our young guys really got their asses handed to them on the defensive end. Nesmith got used repeatedly.
  • The Celtics pulled their main guys way earlier than the Nets did... for many minutes in the 3rd quarter Brooklyn had Durant, Irving, LaVert, etc. out there against our pups... the Nets doubled their lead from about 15 to over 30 during this time period. Welcome to the NBA, youngins!
On a side note, Durant looked good... and the Nets are a deep team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The C's, again, couldn't put the ball in the bucket. Brown and Tatum have shot horribly... really, the majority of the team has.
  • Not many bright spots at all in the 2nd game. Teague has looked decent. That's about all I got.
  • Our young guys really got their asses handed to them on the defensive end. Nesmith got used repeatedly.
  • The Celtics pulled their main guys way earlier than the Nets did... for many minutes in the 3rd quarter Brooklyn had Durant, Irving, LaVert, etc. out there against our pups... the Nets doubled their lead from about 15 to over 30 during this time period. Welcome to the NBA, youngins!

they, instead of crushing their entire depth for harden, try to land gobert.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kemba
Smart
Romeo
21 first
23 first

trade for harden, sign bazz lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, everyone talks about how deep and talented the Lakers are. Imo, the Nets are just as deep and talented if not moreso. The problem for the Nets is that their leaders are a crazy person and a social media whiner. Considering how their role players showed in the bubble without Kyrie and KD...they could be this years version of last years Clippers.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, everyone talks about how deep and talented the Lakers are. Imo, the Nets are just as deep and talented if not moreso. The problem for the Nets is that their leaders are a crazy person and a social media whiner. Considering how their role players showed in the bubble without Kyrie and KD...they could be this years version of last years Clippers.

theyre in a tough spot cause NBA rules don’t really let them extend dinwiddie unless it’s a middling deal (I think he can get like a 20% raise on his current deal, so he can start a deal at like 16m). If they took care of him, levert has 3 years left on his deal inthink. Most of their top guys are taken care of.

they need Gobert to be early to mid 2000s hibbert against Lebron. No one has ever affected Lebron game more than hibbert Imo

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit who they get but after watching the debacle in Philly and the horror show in Boston against the Nets last night, they need someone who can shoot the friggin' ball. Durant played 24 minutes and had 25 points 9 Reb. He sure didn't look like he hadn't played a game in 539 days.

Tatum got paid and left the building.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening night for us tonight. Glad to see the day arrive.

Looking at where we are at the beginning of the season with Kemba injured... generating consistent, efficient offense is gonna be an issue. Tatum is basically the only guy we have that you can put the ball in his hands and hope offense develops... and opposing teams are gonna be well aware of that and gear their defense accordingly. It's gonna be a real test of Tatum's development early on... dealing with the star treatment that he almost certainly is gonna receive.

Where will the offense come from otherwise? Hard to say, frankly. Our margin for error is gonna be thin... but there is some hope that Teague can be the focal point of the 2nd team offense, run the pick n' roll and generate some points there.

We're gonna have to lean on our defense... these Celtics have always been at their best when they are getting stops, forcing turnovers, and getting out in the open floor.

Can the young bench hit shots? They're thrown in the fire now... they're gonna need to.

Let's get it done.

boston celtics dancing GIF by NBA

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... shows what I know being worried about the offense at the beginning of the year. :D Wasn't a problem in Game 1.

Nice win over the Bucks. It wasn't perfect, but we looked pretty good.
  • Teague really showed himself to be an upgrade out there... he's an experienced and nifty offensive player.
  • Thompson bringing the defense and rebounding and toughness. Another key upgrade.
  • Brown had the eye of the tiger tonight. He looked great.
  • Smart won't have a stat line to speak of, but his defense got us this win as much as anything else. He knows Giannis' tendencies like the back of his hand, and baits him into charges over and over and over. Giannis was so out of sorts he started chucked 3's like he was Ray Allen or something.
  • Tatum was just about the lone negative spot to me. He hit some shots... but he is still displaying some of his worst tendencies... an inability to finish at the rim, stopping ball movement when the ball hits his hands, dribbling into bad shots... Tatum's "game winner" was some of the worst offense you'll ever see, JT dribbled himself into a super tough shot... but he hit the jackpot with a miracle bank... lucky, not good.
Overall, great start though.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to give Ojeleye some love too... he brings very little offense to the table, but having a guy on the bench that you can point to and ask to man up against the Giannis's of the world ain't chopped liver.

Semi even had a little Euro step And-1 tonight... :surprised: :yes:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... shows what I know being worried about the offense at the beginning of the year. :D Wasn't a problem in Game 1.

Nice win over the Bucks. It wasn't perfect, but we looked pretty good.
  • Teague really showed himself to be an upgrade out there... he's an experienced and nifty offensive player.
  • Thompson bringing the defense and rebounding and toughness. Another key upgrade.
  • Brown had the eye of the tiger tonight. He looked great.
  • Smart won't have a stat line to speak of, but his defense got us this win as much as anything else. He knows Giannis' tendencies like the back of his hand, and baits him into charges over and over and over. Giannis was so out of sorts he started chucked 3's like he was Ray Allen or something.
  • Tatum was just about the lone negative spot to me. He hit some shots... but he is still displaying some of his worst tendencies... an inability to finish at the rim, stopping ball movement when the ball hits his hands, dribbling into bad shots... Tatum's "game winner" was some of the worst offense you'll ever see, JT dribbled himself into a super tough shot... but he hit the jackpot with a miracle bank... lucky, not good.
Overall, great start though.
Good always to have a win. Teague is a good pick up

that foul call was pure crap. Danny should take the fine and call out this crap now.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch... a little Xmas spanking there... go from leading at halftime to getting blown out of the building.
  • Play was pretty good through a half. Durant flipped the switch in the 3rd quarter and the C's never recovered.
  • Our depth weakness reared its ugly head... Payton Pritchard hustles out there, but he got used repeatedly on the defensive end. Ideally, a rookie like him should not have to be leaned on for key minutes, but here we are.
  • I thought Tatum and Brown played alright, Kyrie and Durant just played better. The Nets are a really good team.
  • Jarrett Allen caused us problems. Even with the Thompson addition, we lack height on the inside and are gonna get hurt in the paint and with rebounding at times.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Tatum's "game winner" was some of the worst offense you'll ever see, JT dribbled himself into a super tough shot... but he hit the jackpot with a miracle bank... lucky, not good...
I was exhausted and didn't watch the Indy game last night... but ^these words^ seem prophetic.

One thing about making that shot vs. the Bucks is you don't feel any sting from how bad the idea is in the first place... and therefore Tatum and the C's were unlikely to learn a lesson.

Did Tatum learn a lesson last night after getting the different (and far more likely) result?

We can hope. :pray:

Attack the basket, JT! <--- That has to be the mentality when it's game time.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the day:

Through 3 games, Jayson Tatum has only attempted 4 foul shots.

(!)

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last day of the free TV coverage, so I caught the Boston/Indy re-match... C's crawled back, earned the win and evened their season at 2-2.
  • Payton Pritchard made a lot of good things happen on offense. He looks like he belongs out there... often playing very controlled for a rookie. He still tosses in a turnover here and there, and sometimes struggles on defense... but he looks like a player.
  • The 3rd quarter blues continued... C's went from winning at halftime to being down 17 at one point.
  • Tatum got the memo. He went to the foul line 10 times tonight.
  • Teague had trouble hitting his shots.
  • The C's continue to give up a lot of open shots. You can see why they're struggling so much on defense so far this young season... they're playing a lot of new guys and imperfect line-ups, and communication hasn't been good. This is something that *should* smooth over at some point as the season progresses.
  • Tristan Thompson was a beast tonight. A lot of offensive rebounds, and very strong defense on Sabonis.
Nice to get the win... it was looking grim deep into the 3rd quarter. The C's showed something coming back.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to get a cupcake match-up vs the crippled Griz, especially on the 2nd night of a b2b... the C's dominated the game last night like they should have...

How 'about Jaylen Brown? The dude looks amazing, he's scoring from everywhere...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's manage to salvage a split in b2b games against the lowly Pistons... which, as we're presently constituted, is about right I guess...

Anywho: in the first game, the Celtics failed to execute down the stretch... but today they sealed the deal. Notably, Jayson Tatum did a much better job of decision-making... which is great to see...

Watch the following 2 plays in crunch time. In each, JT drives hard to the left rather than settling for a deep shot... he makes the correct decision in each case leading to good shots and (ultimately) the win:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's manage to salvage a split in b2b games against the lowly Pistons... which, as we're presently constituted, is about right I guess...

Anywho: in the first game, the Celtics failed to execute down the stretch... but today they sealed the deal. Notably, Jayson Tatum did a much better job of decision-making... which is great to see...

Watch the following 2 plays in crunch time. In each, JT drives hard to the left rather than settling for a deep shot... he makes the correct decision in each case leading to good shots and (ultimately) the win:

I don’t really care about their playoff seeding so I would’ve been good with an l here. Get that draft position a little better than it should be lol

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEYTON PRITCHARD!