• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '20'21 - The Young and the Restless

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top bets right now are Sam casell, Chauncey billups, jerry stackhouse.

also some Lloyd pierce talk

I just hope the right coaching hire is made. All three candidates you mention definitely have NBA experience.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the right coaching hire is made. All three candidates you mention definitely have NBA experience.

I mean if they’re tearing it down all of them are fine.

if they think they can contend next year it’s probably less ideal

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aside from the coach my main concern for next season is the lack of talent in the front court. Did you see that big ken called Marcus deadwood? Suggested getting rid of him. Don't agree with that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the thing that is going to make the off-season for the Celtics pretty interesting. Fully healthy, they aren't that far off from being a contender.

Do they look to make tweaks? Or do they look to re-work the roster? Not sure about their asset and cap situation, but does Stevens look to make the trade that Ainge couldn't or wouldn't?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we dig up and re-animate Red Auerbach?

He'd be 104 before next season started. The bigger question is will he still be smoking cigars?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the coach my main concern for next season is the lack of talent in the front court. Did you see that big ken called Marcus deadwood? Suggested getting rid of him. Don't agree with that.
1622671846819.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can we make the Celtics even more fun to hate? I got an idea

53d0c55c98bce.image.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can we make the Celtics even more fun to hate? I got an idea

53d0c55c98bce.image.jpg

Just great. Now next season will be a Coach Kruzawooooski ass-kissing fest. I hope Jay Bilas cries on national tv. Pathetic that hair dying douchebag needs a fuckin' farewell tour. It would be funny if he ends his great HOF coaching career missing March Madness back to back years. One can hope right?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's perfect for the new Celtics: loses in the early rounds every year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Simmons Celtics hive thinks that Chauncey Billups is in the pole position.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been camping since Memorial Day weekend... totally unsurprising a crippled C's team lost to Brooklyn, but I am surprised about the shake-up at the top of the front office. Here are my thoughts:
  • Ainge gets too hard a time. He's been a top executive, IMO. The criticism of him tends to be too broad and vague.... many suggest he hasn't done a great job, few even try to make a solid case as to why.
  • Injuries (and/or CV19) have been a huge confounding factor these past few seasons. I don't know how anyone can properly judge Ainge, or Stevens, or Boston as a whole in light of this fact.
  • Stevens to Ainge's job is a real shocker. Both Ainge and Stevens were probably worn thin in their past jobs... the time for something new I guess had come. I'm happy for Stevens, though... he's young and smart and competitive. I'm optimistic for him.
  • I've seen a lot of Brooklyn vs Boston comparisons. Brooklyn hasn't done sh!t yet, though. When the Nets lose to Milwaukee in the 2nd round of the playoffs, I want to revisit these comparisons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been camping since Memorial Day weekend... totally unsurprising a crippled C's team lost to Brooklyn, but I am surprised about the shake-up at the top of the front office. Here are my thoughts:
  • Ainge gets too hard a time. He's been a top executive, IMO. The criticism of him tends to be too broad and vague.... many suggest he hasn't done a great job, few even try to make a solid case as to why.
  • Injuries (and/or CV19) have been a huge confounding factor these past few seasons. I don't know how anyone can properly judge Ainge, or Stevens, or Boston as a whole in light of this fact.
  • Stevens to Ainge's job is a real shocker. Both Ainge and Stevens were probably worn thin in their past jobs... the time for something new I guess had come. I'm happy for Stevens, though... he's young and smart and competitive. I'm optimistic for him.
  • I've seen a lot of Brooklyn vs Boston comparisons. Brooklyn hasn't done sh!t yet, though. When the Nets lose to Milwaukee in the 2nd round of the playoffs, I want to revisit these comparisons.

Ainge did a good job as GM. 16 trips to the playoffs. 6 trips to the conference finals. Two trips to the Finals. And one championship. The only criticism that makes any sense is his lack of championships.

Injuries crushed the Celtics this year. Tatum, Brown, Smart & Kemba didn't even play 20 games together.

Moving Stevens to the FO make no sense to me. Hope it's the right call.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Celtics/Nets comparison is Brooklyn getting bounced outta the playoffs by the Bucks in 4? But I'd be shocked if that happens.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Simmons Celtics hive thinks that Chauncey Billups is in the pole position.

I read that that some Celtics insiders think they will hire Kara Lawson. That would be really interesting. A seriously gutsy move if they do it. I guess she made a strong impression as an assistant there, and she is obviously a legendary baller the players will respect.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be 104 before next season started. The bigger question is will he still be smoking cigars?

Obviously!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that that some Celtics insiders think they will hire Kara Lawson. That would be really interesting. A seriously gutsy move if they do it. I guess she made a strong impression as an assistant there, and she is obviously a legendary baller the players will respect.

Celtics don’t need virtue signaling now.

they need to win so brown and Tatum don’t throw superstar tantrums and force a trade

but, in Brad I trust. He was one of the top NBA coaches and I have no reason to think he will be bad as a gm.