• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cedric Peerman time?

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its time to see what the Bengals have in Peerman. Frankly, I'm sick of all the black clouds over this ball club.

Mike Brown needs to send a message....CUT ANYONE,REGARDLESS OF POSITION, WHO GETS IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.

Good bye Ced, Jerome

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, but since he can get those guys cheap, it'll never happen.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, and lose his recognition as the NFL's redeemer of souls?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:amen::amen::amen:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people crack me up. Yeah, Peerman....let's get DL back on the team too.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's Ickey Woods up to these days?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, peerman tries very hard, but he had a difficult time in the preseason breaking through holes and cutting loose. We need to draft someone who can attack the hole and break some tackles.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is never a reason to draft a RB. Ever.

(Excluding the 6th and 7th rounds)

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your the Bengals and you are completely inept at free agency, then you might have to draft one higher than the 6th.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have drafted Mark Ingram in a heartbeat in the early rounds. Also, AP says hi.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would have drafted Mark Ingram in a heartbeat in the early rounds. Also, AP says hi.

It's easy to look at a RB after 5 or so years and say, he was a great high pick. But how often do you say that? Almost never. You pick a RB early and you're looking at a 95+% failure rate. Even if selected RB plays well, you could probably plug in any number of other RBs and they would've put up similar numbers.

So, as I said, you don't ever draft a RB based on potential (outside the 6th or 7th round where you're just looking to get lucky anyways).

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd need evidence of this. The backs picked early are picked early for a reason. Backs are picked like crazy late, most of which don't even make squads. Early round picks have a much higher success rate, just like every other position. Now, the need for early round backs has dwindled somewhat, due to the 2-back system, but to say 95% of early RBs fail is just false.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
26 out of 36 starting RBs (adding in a few that split PT like Williams and Stewart in Car) were drafted in the first 3 rounds.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are the 1st round RBs for the past few years

Mark Ingram-Starter in NO, split with Thomas, but just for now.
CJ Spiller-hasn't done much, but was picked too high to start with.
Ryan Matthews-starter in SD, just needs to work on ball security
Jahvid Best-starter in Detroit.
Knowshon Moreno-starter in Den. Good at times, hurt a lot
Donald Brown-hasn't done much
Beanie Wells-starter in Zona, when healthy is good.
Darren McFadden-starter in Oakland, very good
Jonathan Stewart-spitting time in Carolina, could be an allpro on most teams
Felix Jones-starter in Dallas
Rashard Mendenhall-starter in Pittsburgh, very good
Chris Johnson-starter in Ten. Top 2 back in the league.
Adrian Peterson-starter in Min. Best back in the league.
Marshawn Lynch-starter in Sea. Play of the year against NO last year.

Stephen Jackson was a 1st rounder, as was D'Angelo Williams before that. If I listed the picks from the 6th and 7th rounds, you wouldn't even recognize 90% of the names because they didn't even make a team.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fred Jackson (undrafted)
Mike Tolbert (undrafted)
Lagarette Blount (undrafted)
Danny Woodhead (undrafted)
Benjarvus Green Ellis (undrafted)
Pierre Thomas (undrafted)
Ryan Grant (undrafted)
Chris Ivory (undrafted)
Willie Parker (undrafted)
Ahmad Bradshaw (7th)
James Starks (6th)
Chester Taylor (6th)

All of these guys in the very recent past (1 or 2) or currently are starters or play a significant role on their teams.

A couple key points:

-RB's are a dime a dozen
-They have a shelf life of about 3 years
-Their play is highly dependent - moreso than any other position - on their supporting cast (QB, oline, system)

To waste a high round pick on a RB is foolish, especially in today's passing league. There are always good/serviceable RB's out there than can be found on the waiver wire or in the later rounds.

Only a couple of those guys you mentioned above are guys that are irreplaceable. The other guys could be replaced by a number of other backs - not discounting any I mentioned - and no production would be lost.

*95+% was a random number pulled from the skies. Hyperbole purposes to make a point. Though I will add while you listed a bunch of good 1st round RB's, your post still doesn't speak for the percentage of 1st round drafted RBs that play well or are "successful".
*10 of our 36 (your numbers, I have no verified) not drafted in the top 3 rounds being starters and or significant contributors only speaks to the argument that RBs can be found anywhere. That's a hefty percentage for late rounders, likely much larger than any other position, and not even close.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fred Jackson (undrafted)
Mike Tolbert (undrafted)
Lagarette Blount (undrafted)
Danny Woodhead (undrafted)
Benjarvus Green Ellis (undrafted)
Pierre Thomas (undrafted)
Ryan Grant (undrafted)
Chris Ivory (undrafted)
Willie Parker (undrafted)
Ahmad Bradshaw (7th)
James Starks (6th)
Chester Taylor (6th)

All of these guys in the very recent past (1 or 2) or currently are starters or play a significant role on their teams.

A couple key points:

-RB's are a dime a dozen
-They have a shelf life of about 3 years
-Their play is highly dependent - moreso than any other position - on their supporting cast (QB, oline, system)

To waste a high round pick on a RB is foolish, especially in today's passing league. There are always good/serviceable RB's out there than can be found on the waiver wire or in the later rounds.

Only a couple of those guys you mentioned above are guys that are irreplaceable. The other guys could be replaced by a number of other backs - not discounting any I mentioned - and no production would be lost.

*95+% was a random number pulled from the skies. Hyperbole purposes to make a point. Though I will add while you listed a bunch of good 1st round RB's, your post still doesn't speak for the percentage of 1st round drafted RBs that play well or are "successful".
*10 of our 36 (your numbers, I have no verified) not drafted in the top 3 rounds being starters and or significant contributors only speaks to the argument that RBs can be found anywhere. That's a hefty percentage for late rounders, likely much larger than any other position, and not even close.

LOL. It's fine. I understand, you're proven wrong and can't admit it. No problem. I listed ALL of the 1st rounders for the past 5 or 6 years above. There were very few, including Spiller who may or may not be anything, that were wasted picks. You're clueless. If you like, I can list the RBs drafted in the 6th and 7th rounds and see how many you've even heard of, much less accomplished anything. Your argument here is laughable, unfounded, and completely and utterly wrong.