• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBA Talks

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Evan Drellich of The Athletic, there are no meetings scheduled this week between MLB and the MLBPA.​

But the two sides are meeting separately, and maybe that will generate some semblance of movement toward a new collective bargaining agreement. Or at least bring about a few fresh ideas that could lead to certain major hurdles being cleared. Rob Manfred, Dan Halem, and MLB owners are stationed at a hotel near Disney World, per Drellich, and Tony Clark and Bruce Meyer will gather with groups of players in Arizona and then Florida. Manfred reportedly plans to hold a media session on Thursday. This process continues to sputter along.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With management in their annual meeting this week, I would anticipate a proposal coming out next week. Hopefully, it will be one that the players can at least talk about.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With management in their annual meeting this week, I would anticipate a proposal coming out next week. Hopefully, it will be one that the players can at least talk about.
Yeah we need spring training. The two weeks before the super bowl are 2 of the most boring weeks all year imo. Ever listen to sports talk during these two weeks? Absolutely brutal. "Let's take a poll to find out which dip is most popular at super bowl parties".

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow football, so I don't really care about the superbowl. I'm just interested in baseball. Without baseball on the field, what do fantasy sports sites do? Do they play Strat-O-Matic tournaments?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manfred presser going on now.

Says spring training is still scheduled as normal-preparing another offer to the PA on Saturday.

Says one thing both sides agree on is universal DH, so that's it for pitchers hitting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says one thing both sides agree on is universal DH, so that's it for pitchers hitting.
giphy.gif

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere, Luke Voit just realized his job prospects got a whole lot rosier today.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manfred presser going on now.

Says spring training is still scheduled as normal-preparing another offer to the PA on Saturday.

"Wait, you mean we didn't have the DH before?" - every Phillies scout for the last 30 years

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, MLB owners are prepared to "make concessions on key economic issues" in their next proposal to the MLBPA.​

There is a negotiating session scheduled for Saturday, during which this new proposal will presumably be presented to the players' union. Heyman writes that the revised offer is "thought unlikely to avert a delay to spring training," and yet there is some optimism that the 2022 regular season might still start on time come March 31. MLB commissioner Rob Manfred suggested in a press conference Thursday that camps could open within one week of a new collective bargaining agreement being finalized and that four weeks of spring training should be sufficient ahead of Opening Day. This is all beginning to feel a bit -- a bit -- more promising.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, MLB owners are prepared to "make concessions on key economic issues" in their next proposal to the MLBPA.​

There is a negotiating session scheduled for Saturday, during which this new proposal will presumably be presented to the players' union. Heyman writes that the revised offer is "thought unlikely to avert a delay to spring training," and yet there is some optimism that the 2022 regular season might still start on time come March 31. MLB commissioner Rob Manfred suggested in a press conference Thursday that camps could open within one week of a new collective bargaining agreement being finalized and that four weeks of spring training should be sufficient ahead of Opening Day. This is all beginning to feel a bit -- a bit -- more promising.
Sounds good to me.
Let’s get it done.
:hope:

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new proposal is to be announced tomorrow. Hopefully it will be something good.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new proposal is to be announced tomorrow. Hopefully it will be something good.
I am just :hope: that they abolish the batting order entirely. I want to see Mike Trout get as many PAs as humanly possible. I have no desire to see a defensive catcher weakly ground into a DP to 2B.

I am also hoping for (though not as much as the abolition of the batting order) the elimination of walks. I don’t want some pussy pitcher not groove one down the middle to Mike Trout. In fact, I think the team at bat should provide the pitcher so there is actual incentive to groove the pitch.

Now THAT would be exciting baseball.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association met Saturday for a negotiating session which lasted less than an hour.​

There weren't expectations that a deal would get done, but Saturday's meeting represented a pivotal day for the league's ongoing labor negotiations as little progress was made. The two sides remain extremely far apart from finalizing an agreement on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, and an ownership-imposed lockout -- the sport's first work stoppage since 1995 -- lurches perilously close to the outset of spring training. MLB presented it's counterproposal to the MLBPA, which reportedly made concessions on core economic issues, including changes to the pre-arbitration bonus pools and slight increases to competitive balance tax thresholds. The union will fully review the proposal and presumably have a response in the coming days. Simply put, there needs to be a greater sense of urgency on both sides with Opening Day -- which remains scheduled for March 31 -- less than two months away

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why both sides can't just agree on a temporary 2 or 3 year contract agreement instead of the usual 5+ yr deal and see how the fans/public reacts during that period, along with TV ratings, gate revenues, overall national economy...etc.
Because both sides need to know tThe rules moving forward.

And they want to avoid these fights as much as possible.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because both sides need to know tThe rules moving forward.

And they want to avoid these fights as much as possible.
Greed has a funny way of eventually destroying good things for everyone.

Negotiating in bad faith is another sure fire terrible idea.

Get a short deal in place for now....and Play Ball FFS.
Revisit the "grievances" from both sides in a few yrs.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish that someone else would dedicate their asset to my benefit without regard to their own interests.