• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBA Talks

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to be convinced from a guy with 900 followers that has a bat boy telling him everything is going to be ok, but I hope that he's right.
He's got a good baseball name though.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is last pick in 2021 nfl draft

in mlb they go to minors until called up making 400 to 750 a week then get minimum when called up and go thru arb for 5 years
top picks get signing bonuses #1 henry davis got 6 mil
need to prove yourself in mlb
jamarcus russell made 39 mil in nfl

View attachment 287609

I will be your devils advocate.

Between MLB and NFL I think if you are a made man in the MLB your perks are levels better than an NFL player however for the average player your benefits are better in the NFL than MLB. Jemarcus Russell rookie contract was a great case of how rookies shouldnt get paid and was taken away in the NFLs CBA even the players association agree that top draft rookies shouldnt get paid that much money so those days are behind us. As for the Grant Stuard post yes his contract totals almost 3.5 million over 4 years but in actuality not many 7th round draft picks stay on the team for 4 years I wouldnt be surprised if he is a free agent after next season. Caleb Wilson the 2019 Mr. Irrelevant is currently a free agent. If Grant gets cut next season he won't see that 3.5 million. You really can't compare a rookie on an active NFL roster with a minor league baseball player. I would say the better comparison would be with a practice squad player and a minor leaguer. However you are correct as the #1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence is getting paid much more than Spencer Torkelson.

Now where I think where the MLB has a major advantage is when you are a made man which is basically an All pro young player ready to test free agency. The top 10 paid NFL players are all QBs and of the top 20, 15 are QBs so if you arent a QB are you not getting paid mega money in the NFL. In the MLB the top 20 paid players are a mix of pitchers, infielders and outfielders so its more fair. In the MLB you can get a contract length of 8-10 years and its fully guaranteed which in the NFL you typically get 4-5 years. Patrick Mahomes got a record setting deal but it took him being a super young QB, all pro and winning a super bowl. In baseball you can not make the playoffs and get a huge deal. Miguel Cabrera was a star player that signed an 8 year deal in 2016 and is currently super washed up but is making 30+ million and by the end of 2024 he would have accumulated almost 400 million in his career. Aaron Rodgers who is currently still a star player is making 22 million and would accumulated 290 million in his career.

Overall my opinion if you dont get hurt the average player in the the NFL has a better situation than the average player in the MLB but as a made man that is about to get paid the MLB will be the better option.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t expect any serious talks to really begin until about the time ST is scheduled to start. This is a game of chicken, and in a game of chicken, neither car pulls out when they are still 200 yards away from each other.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that MLB and the Major League Players Association representatives are expected to restart discussions on core economic issues later this week or early next week.​

Heyman adds that barring something unexpected, the universal designated hitter is expected to be in place for the 2022 season. The two sides have met several times since mid-January -- including three consecutive days this week -- and still have plenty of work to get done on core economic issues before a new Collective Bargaining Agreement can be finalized. The central issues yet to be resolved include revolve major-league minimum salary, arbitration and pre-arbitration bonus pools, luxury tax thresholds, a potential draft lottery and efforts to eliminate service-time manipulation. Spring training is currently slated to get underway in mid-February, but it's looking extremely likely that it will be pushed back. Opening Day remains scheduled for March 31.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that MLB and the Major League Players Association representatives are expected to restart discussions on core economic issues later this week or early next week.​

Heyman adds that barring something unexpected, the universal designated hitter is expected to be in place for the 2022 season. The two sides have met several times since mid-January -- including three consecutive days this week -- and still have plenty of work to get done on core economic issues before a new Collective Bargaining Agreement can be finalized. The central issues yet to be resolved include revolve major-league minimum salary, arbitration and pre-arbitration bonus pools, luxury tax thresholds, a potential draft lottery and efforts to eliminate service-time manipulation. Spring training is currently slated to get underway in mid-February, but it's looking extremely likely that it will be pushed back. Opening Day remains scheduled for March 31.

Get this done!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good sign. While I don’t think the mediator has any actual power, it shows that they actually want to solve this thing asap.
It feels like both sides know not to fuck this up, obviously can't say for sure but the signs point to them handling it without much disruption

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evan Drellich of The Athletic reports that Major League Baseball will not submit a counterproposal to the Major League Baseball Players Association.​

Because what's the rush? This comes two days after the ownership side suggested that they would submit a counterproposal. It also comes moments after Jeff Passan reported that the league had asked for the immediate assistance of a federal mediator. The next step will be whether the MLBPA accepts the league's ask of the mediator.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that the MLBPA has rejected a mediator.

So this is going in the wrong direction.

What a bunch of pricks.
Shit, less than 2 weeks til pitchers and catchers should be reporting