• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have paid Kobe 15M a season and still you would be over paying. He is fleecing the team and the fans, but TLF , drink the kool aid if you will. The articles pretty much explain the impact......

You can keep going with the Kobe this and Kobe that, coulda woulda shoulda!

Can't take it back now, not worth beating the dead horse anymore. Please find other Laker news to consume your Celtic brain with!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't take it back now, not worth beating the dead horse anymore. Please find other Laker news to consume your Celtic brain with!

The dude don't even know what is going on with his own team.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team has issues. I dont try to make it all pretty tho, certainly when its this dysfunctional in LA you just need to call it as you see it. First step to recovery is honesty.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually know what Jim Buss does on the team?

Drive it into the ground:doh:?

The Buss kids need to take a step back and let Kupchak do his job.

I think he is a very capable GM.

But, he can only make the moves/deals that they allow him to make.

I despise your team.

But, I have a ton of respect for Dr. Buss and the legacy that he built.

Even as a Clipper fan, it's tough to watch his inept hatchlings burn all that to the ground in less than 5 years.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca you should review some of Dr Buss's deals. The guy always had a plan. Took chances too and it was clear HE ran the show

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca you should review some of Dr Buss's deals. The guy always had a plan. Took chances too and it was clear HE ran the show

Why you keep saying this, like people don't know how great he was?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am painfully aware of Dr. Buss' resume.

I have suffered thru several parades blocking my route to work in Downtown Los Angeles:Cry:

He was one of the best at what he did.

Jim is not Jerry.

The guy hasn't done one thing right since he's had the keys to the castle.

These are facts.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am painfully aware of Dr. Buss' resume.

I have suffered thru several parades blocking my route to work in Downtown Los Angeles:Cry:

He was one of the best at what he did.

Jim is not Jerry.

The guy hasn't done one thing right since he's had the keys to the castle.

These are facts.

Sad facts indeed.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad facts indeed.

Neeeeeeeeeeerb!

But, not hopeless.

The Lakers are in position to right the ship, quickly, next Season.

Despite Jimmy-boy being an idiot, guys will still sign simply because they are the Lakers.

Just by the sheer number of quality players available next Summer, it is a mathematical probability that they get at least 1, likely 2.

There is only so much money out there and I don't think the Lakers or Knicks will have any issues landing guys, despite the horrific job their management has done lately.

Money and Market trumps everything other than Championships.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, you have no idea. There is absolutely no one on the internet that can beat a dead horse like Logicman. He'll beat that thing into the ground, bury it and then dig it back up again so he can beat it some more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shows how little you actually know about how Dr. Buss ran the Lakers. Dr. Buss hired people and then stepped out of the way and let them do their jobs. He obviously kept final say, but he wasn't out there wheeling and dealing with other teams. He left that to Jerry West and Mitch Kupchak. He was also a bit of a closer with FA's. Usually the Lakers FA's when it came to getting them to re-sign.

Indications so far are that Jim has taken a bit of a step back and Mitch is running the show more. Whether that's because Jeanie made him go sit in the corner or he figured out that Mitch knows more than he does, who knows? But it's becoming pretty obvious that Mitch is more free to do his job.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Dr Buss' legacy to live up to you'd go a little overboard too. Jim Buss will be fine.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Dr Buss' legacy to live up to you'd go a little overboard too. Jim Buss will be fine.

The easy answer is " No, I wouldn't. "

But, that's easy for me to say because it won't ever happen.

I'd like to think that I would listen to those around me, that have more expertise in the area.

I'd like to think maintaining the brand, a taking a step forward, not backwards would be plan A.

Jimmy let his ego get in the way with Phil. That was the first in a long-line of dim-witted mistakes.

I'm sure it was hard dealing with Phil's arrogance and condescending behavior towards him over the years. So, when he got into a position of power, he decided to flex his muscles.

However, that's the problem when power is GIVEN, instead of being EARNED.

Power corrupts.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Jim's power has made an absolute mess of the Lakers.

Making excuses for him is just slathering another layer of lipstick on the pig.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to think that I would listen to those around me, that have more expertise in the area.

I'd like to think maintaining the brand, a taking a step forward, not backwards would be plan A.

Jimmy let his ego get in the way with Phil. That was the first in a long-line of dim-witted mistakes.

I'm sure it was hard dealing with Phil's arrogance and condescending behavior towards him over the years. So, when he got into a position of power, he decided to flex his muscles.

Power corrupts.

That's speculating a lot. They offered him the job without hesitation and he said he'd think about it. No coach would turn down Dwight, Kobe and Nash without good reason. There was no guarantee that he'd have even taken the job, if Jim had waited he might have turned him down anyway.

Phil has the 'basketball itch' today yet he's not coaching. I believe he's too old and had too many surgeries to travel with a team for a full 82 game season. Hell, doesn't he work out of his house half of the time with the Knicks or something like that?

Maybe I'm being a little crazy here but do women even have a sense of legacy? Don't most women's legacies revolve around marrying a man who's either building upon or creating his own legacy?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team has issues. I dont try to make it all pretty tho, certainly when its this dysfunctional in LA you just need to call it as you see it. First step to recovery is honesty.

You keep talking about the Lakers struggles, more then you talk about your own team. You're obssesed with the Lakers, get over it dude.

Don't act like if the Celtics are all goody good buddy. :finger:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about the Lakers struggles, more then you talk about your own team. You're obssesed with the Lakers, get over it dude.

Don't act like if the Celtics are all goody good buddy. :finger:

Rondo and a bunch of picks, 2016 championship here we come lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's speculating a lot. They offered him the job without hesitation and he said he'd think about it. No coach would turn down Dwight, Kobe and Nash without good reason. There was no guarantee that he'd have even taken the job, if Jim had waited he might have turned him down anyway.

Phil has the 'basketball itch' today yet he's not coaching. I believe he's too old and had too many surgeries to travel with a team for a full 82 game season. Hell, doesn't he work out of his house half of the time with the Knicks or something like that?

Maybe I'm being a little crazy here but do women even have a sense of legacy? Don't most women's legacies revolve around marrying a man who's either building upon or creating his own legacy?

Lmfao:laugh3:.

There is absolutely no point continuing this conversation with you.

I will say you are a Caveman, although misogynist pig fits too.

It's really sad when a grown man is threatened by a woman because she knows more about a topic than he does:noidea:.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Power corrupts.

A tad over the top, don't ya think? Has Jim Buss made mistakes? Sure. It's bound to happen. Dr. Buss made his fair share as well. Jim Buss' biggest mistake was that he wanted to "pave his own path" rather than just follow the blueprint that was already laid out. Nothing particularly wrong with that as long as he learns from his mistakes.

Any time someone becomes "the boss" they are going to try and implement their own ideas. That's how it works. As long as he learns and corrects those mistakes, no worries.

Indications so far seem to point to him at least learning that Mitch has a pretty good idea about how to do his job and to let him do it. Is that truly the case? Who knows? But so far, that's how it looks.

You also have to keep in mind, we're not just talking about changing a coach or tweaking a system. The Lakers are moving away from the triangle and moving towards a younger, more athletic roster playing a more uptempo style. Essentially, it's a complete roster overhaul. You don't do that all in one season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tad over the top, don't ya think? Has Jim Buss made mistakes? Sure. It's bound to happen. Dr. Buss made his fair share as well. Jim Buss' biggest mistake was that he wanted to "pave his own path" rather than just follow the blueprint that was already laid out. Nothing particularly wrong with that as long as he learns from his mistakes.

Any time someone becomes "the boss" they are going to try and implement their own ideas. That's how it works. As long as he learns and corrects those mistakes, no worries.

Indications so far seem to point to him at least learning that Mitch has a pretty good idea about how to do his job and to let him do it. Is that truly the case? Who knows? But so far, that's how it looks.

You also have to keep in mind, we're not just talking about changing a coach or tweaking a system. The Lakers are moving away from the triangle and moving towards a younger, more athletic roster playing a more uptempo style. Essentially, it's a complete roster overhaul. You don't do that all in one season.

Name one good decision he has made.