• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect, I don't want to say I told you so... I'd rather be wrong, but it's the lack of direction that is troubling... We don't look like the storied franchise we like to think about... We look like the Cavs...

When we got D12 and Nash I was like HELL YEAH!!! Ring time... It eased the pain of hearing the singing of Mike Brown... So when he got fired I was like HELL YEAH!!! They are letting people know you don't got time up in here, handle business or get the boot... What happened since that day has been bullshit...

From how they snuck behind Phil... to the billboards... to right now...Everything since that hire of Dantoni has been reactionary... This plan b everybody refers to isn't a plan because you can't plan the moves that have been made... They didn't know Boozer would get amnestied or Houston would take a swing at Bosh... They got lucky... I just feel more could have been done, and hope to see some good things done, because unfortunately for you guys I'm gonna be Lakers fan until I die or they move the franchise... Which ever comes first...:suds:

The Lakers have only legitimately sucked for 1 season. It's not like we're the Bobcats (I know they're the Hornets but nothing says 'suck' like a Bobcat) who've been bottom-feeding for years and years. I don't think it's fair to say that the Lakers aren't doing enough after such a short span of bad play.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was stupid on his part. I was his biggest defender among Lakers fans last season and I was even done with him after that.

i've ALWAYS said it, TF12. there's a right way and a WRONG way to come at people. he practically tried to force the Lakers to pick up his option...:L

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stunned somebody is bitching about letting Bazemore walk when we have Kobe, Young & Clarkson that can all play SG.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, it's too early to be awake.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stunned somebody is bitching about letting Bazemore walk when we have Kobe, Young & Clarkson that can all play SG.

gotta admit i DID like Bazemore for his ability to run the floor and all, but like you're saying it ain't like we don't have guys who can play the 2...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to know what wlk is smoking cuz that's gotta be some good shit!

Trying to get Melo and Lebron a bad move?
Drafting Randle at 7 a bad move?

And since when did we just "allow Pau to walk"?!? We offered him the best contract out of any team and he flat out refused. He was a free-agent... that was his right.

So now instead of Pau, Hill and Sacre like we had last year we have Hill, Randle, Boozer, Davis and Sacre. I see that as a significant improvement. Financially and on the court.

And instead of Farmar and Blake we have Lin and Clarkson. Another improvement.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped the amnesty to the bulls to 13.55, so I am grateful for that. Boozer will be a great locker room guy for Randle. Taj Gibson gives Boozer alot of credit for his improved game because he can talk and coach better than he can play now. Boozer will do better in the west, but the last two seasons he settles for fall away rainbow jumpers and layups over pounding to the basket and dunking. He was a rim wrecker in Utah, never got that here in chicago. He constantly tells everyone on the court what they should be doing, always talking defense, he just cant play it.

I think Boozer might eventually make an incredible NBA coach with his do what I say not what I do.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna respectfully disagree TF. Kobe wasn't ready straight out of high school to take Eddie Jones' spot. Randle is ready imo. I think it'd be best if we just "threw him into the fire". I'm just gonna have to go down with the ship on this one as I really feel that Randle is ready to contribute right now

He might be ready right now, he might not. The summer league doesn't really tell us much. If it turns out that he's ready to start, fine. But I don't think that any young player has ever had their career hurt by not starting right away. However, several have had their careers hurt because they started to soon.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Lakers fan, I'd be thrilled about the pick up. It will allow them to remain competitive in the West. Randle will be the building block, and there's an all-star caliber PF that was added to the roster where the Lakers won't have to rely on Randle so heavily during the regular season and give him a chance to maturate.

As it was mentioned before, Boozer logged quality time in Chicago. The only reason why Bulls fans were pissed at Boozer is because he was grossly over paid. He was a good shooter and rebounder, but played zero defense. At $3.2 million for this one year, the Lakers will be alright. If it doesn't work out and his best days are behind him, then the Lakers know this on an expiring contract as opposed to guaranteeing him a long term deal and finding out later in the process.

Some fans are just never happy.

:agree: Even if the Lakers used the $7 million that they apparently could have used to get him, it would have been a good deal. The Lakers got him for less than half of that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle would benefit from playing 20-22mpg off the bench his rookie season and starting his 2nd season when Boozer will probably leave as a FA.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Boozer gets hurt (likely since he is 34 and will probably miss 15-20 games) Randle can step in and start for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what are we competing for...? I'd rather lose and keep the pick... The fun will be seing if Randle is the goods and if Kobe still has the goods... Why sign Boozer when we have Davis...? Why sign Davis when we have Kelly and Randle...? Why did we let go of Bazemore...? I get we need the cap space for the future, but we'll need a bench... We'll need a coach... Signing Boozer doesn't help us much, in fact it may take us as was joked earlier up 1 game, realistically that's pretty close no...? So why sign him 1 year for 3.25, instead of Bazemore 2 for 4mil...? To win 1-5 more games... I'd rather have Bazemore... Does that make me stupid...? I'm really not understanding why you guys are giving me all this shit when deep down you know this is bullshit...

I know, and stated as much, I don't know what they have or haven't done... But this is a bad move, no...? Are you telling me that the FO has done everything possible to better the team and not tie up future cap space and all we could do was get Lin and mid 20 pick, Boozer, a rookie some call a cornerstone but shouldn't start yet and 2 guys we already had... And Clarkson... And still not have a coach...? If this is the best we got, how do we get Love...? Or any other FA...? :noidea:

The reason you get Boozer is because of the youth of Davis and Randle. Boozer is a former all-star who is good for 15/9 every night and who can mentor the young guys. The Lakers got him on the cheap with an expiring contract. They get the benefit of his experience and then can let him go after the season if they decide they don't need him or he doesn't produce as expected.

Yes, the way the FA market unfolded this past season, the Lakers have done as well as they can to get better. Other 2nd tier FA's would have cost the Lakers future cap space because they wanted (and got) more money over more years. The fact that Jodie Meeks is getting $6 million per year should tell you all that you need to know about this seasons FA.

I know you think the sky is falling, but it isn't. It's just rain.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are going to have the 4th best PF in the league this year. Teams better be worried when we have to play 3rd string vs 3rd string too.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason you get Boozer is because of the youth of Davis and Randle. Boozer is a former all-star who is good for 15/9 every night and who can mentor the young guys. The Lakers got him on the cheap with an expiring contract. They get the benefit of his experience and then can let him go after the season if they decide they don't need him or he doesn't produce as expected.

Yes, the way the FA market unfolded this past season, the Lakers have done as well as they can to get better. Other 2nd tier FA's would have cost the Lakers future cap space because they wanted (and got) more money over more years. The fact that Jodie Meeks is getting $6 million per year should tell you all that you need to know about this seasons FA.

I know you think the sky is falling, but it isn't. It's just rain.

:nod: :clap:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no problem with that. he grabs boards like crazy and his offense was starting to pick up towards the end of last season...

He's also a guy that, given the playing time, will get double digit points without having to have plays run for him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Marshall is still with us along with Kobe, Lin, Nash, and Clarkson. If it were between Bazemore and Marshall, I would have went with Bazemore. But apparently Mitch sees Marshall improving to the point of going with him instead.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've ALWAYS said it, TF12. there's a right way and a WRONG way to come at people. he practically tried to force the Lakers to pick up his option...:L

Yep and what was really stupid was that the Lakers were willing to go against the wishes of 99.9% of the fanbase by giving him time to show that what happened since he took over, really was about the injuries and not his coaching.

It's also not as if the Lakers have been known for screwing coaches and players over. If he had stayed and shown that his coaching wasn't the issue, they'd have not only picked up his option, but probably extended him too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Marshall is still with us along with Kobe, Lin, Nash, and Clarkson. If it were between Bazemore and Marshall, I would have went with Bazemore. But apparently Mitch sees Marshall improving to the point of going with him instead.

Marshall is a solid backup PG. Bazemore is more of a backup SG. I liked Marshall's court vision, but he lacks the athleticism to be a starter, especially in the west facing guys like CP3, Curry and Lillard.

I liked Bazemore's speed and athleticism though, so in my mind it's kind of a wash between the two and the Lakers likely can keep Marshall for less.